Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos >

Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos

Kyosho DRX Lancia Stratos

Old 01-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

There are sellers on ebay that print vintage and sponsor decals.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok. I guess they will help you out then. I make my own decals if there is something i don't find, then i get them just as i want
Old 01-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lars in Norway
Ok. I guess they will help you out then. I make my own decals if there is something i don't find, then i get them just as i want
How do you make your own decals? Do you just print them on a particular paper?

I found some Marlboro decals, but I may need to customize some. I'm going to do this at a smaller scale using the HPI body. I think it will only fit a cup racer or such. Not sure yet. I'll see when I get the body and measure its dimensions.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, i just use some paper with sticky backside made to make decals with. I am waiting for them as we speak, i am going to make decals for this car.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
There are sellers on ebay that print vintage and sponsor decals.
Sorry, i mixed up you and Woulvesbaine here!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lars in Norway
Yes, i just use some paper with sticky backside made to make decals with. I am waiting for them as we speak, i am going to make decals for this car.
Is there a paper brand you recomend? I can look for the same or similar in the US. I will certainly have to do at least a few custom decals.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't know yet, i have been in contact with a store locally here in Norway about it, so i haven't got them yet. They had to special order them abroad to get decal sheets that can handle water without having to put clear lacquer over them before use. But if you look in ink-shops and places where they sell printing stuff i guess you will find something. I don't think there is a less range to choose from in the states than here
Old 12-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry to resurrect such an ancient thread, but I just picked up a DRX of my own and managed to score a Stratos body and the Landmax 5-spoke yellow wheels! Very excited to start building it out but I'm missing the sponsor decals. Does anyone in here have a line on where I might be able to find some (been Googling for hours)? Also, what LED light kit would you recommend for this body? The one Lars used looks great, but he never mentioned where he got it.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't be sorry, it is nice that someone gives it some life again The leds and wiring are bespoke, so this is nothing you can buy that suits the body, i have soldered and built it myself. As you might see the front headlights wasn't easy to make!

Good score by the way! The decals was ordered directly from Kyosho by my local hobby store, so if you have one nearby, ask them if they can do the same for you. I can try to find the part# for it.The rims was ordered from US, but i think i vacumed the store for it. I also got some of the last rims from Kyosho when ordering the body.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah you did an amazing job with making the light fixtures. I knew those were custom-made I just didn't know if there was a basic light set you used for the wires, bulbs, etc. Pretty impressive that you rigged all that up yourself.

I was talking to the guys at infernosonly.com - they seem to have the biggest selection of Kyosho stuff in the states. They had a phone call with the people at Kyosho and apparently Kyosho has discontinued production of the Stratos sponsor decal set which absolutely kills me! My last remaining hope at this point is that they would consider releasing the digital file they used to produce the decals so I could find someone to reprint them for me. I do graphic design for a living and am pretty handy with that kind of stuff but I would need some kind of starting point, especially in terms of the shapes for the window trim and the grille, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks a lot! There was no other way than using a scalpel to cut out for the reflectors in the headlights, so i was pretty shakey before doing it. But with small gentle cuts it went as planned

Oh, that's sad to hear with the decals! I really hope for you that they will be helpful. Atleast you are a graphic designer, so that is the least problem then What i did before cutting the decals from the sheets was to scan them, so i can make some decals if something went wrong. If i am really lucky i have them on a backup-cd, my harddisk broke down this summer so it all went out in the big nothing.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by modelcitizen
Yeah you did an amazing job with making the light fixtures. I knew those were custom-made I just didn't know if there was a basic light set you used for the wires, bulbs, etc. Pretty impressive that you rigged all that up yourself.

I was talking to the guys at infernosonly.com - they seem to have the biggest selection of Kyosho stuff in the states. They had a phone call with the people at Kyosho and apparently Kyosho has discontinued production of the Stratos sponsor decal set which absolutely kills me! My last remaining hope at this point is that they would consider releasing the digital file they used to produce the decals so I could find someone to reprint them for me. I do graphic design for a living and am pretty handy with that kind of stuff but I would need some kind of starting point, especially in terms of the shapes for the window trim and the grille, etc. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Buy the HPI Body and use the included http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-7214-Lan...p2054897.l4276decals as a starting point, though clearly you'll have to adjust for the scale of body you're using.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Landmax wheels

Originally Posted by modelcitizen
Sorry to resurrect such an ancient thread, but I just picked up a DRX of my own and managed to score a Stratos body and the Landmax 5-spoke yellow wheels! Very excited to start building it out but I'm missing the sponsor decals. Does anyone in here have a line on where I might be able to find some (been Googling for hours)? Also, what LED light kit would you recommend for this body? The one Lars used looks great, but he never mentioned where he got it.
Morning, I've looking for the wheels KYOC 6545 GT53 and KYOC 6546 GT54 and have no luck. Would you mind telling me where you got them?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Nice Thread Lars

Hello Lars,

I just found this thread today. Lancia Stratos is one of my favorite car. I picked up a body for it and now are looking for the Landmax wheels. I am hooked on your thread..hahahaha

Danny