Like Tree1Likes

HVR Lipo Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I received my pair of 2S 6000mah 60c packs on Friday. I ran through about 6 packs on Saturday and another 6 on Sunday. On Saturday I ran them on my new SCTE with an MMP/BEC and Castle 1410-3800 motor. This is geared 15/40 on a large 1/8 scale outdoor track. On Sunday, I swapped in the Tekin Pro4 4600kv motor geared 14/40.

The packs definitely have a high-quality feel to them. They feel sturdier than some other packs I've used. The punch from them was very good and they held that punch until just before LVC. I ran several of the packs down to LVC and they took about 5500mah back in, so the capacity is good. I always charged them at 18 amps. About my only complaint is that the stickers on the packs are crooked It's too early to comment on the longetivity, but I hope they hold up and continue to perform well. My SCTE/Pro4 combo can put a hurting on lipos. I've recently experienced 2 on-track failures of a very popular "budget" brand lipo, leading to one DNF in a big race.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcman182006 View Post
We all make mistakes, usually MC Suburbs work all the way around on ST but today they just slid like ice, I'm going to pick up a set of Pink BK bars and mount up the Tapers I have and try them, If only Hot Bodies made ST tires
I have that same Losi set up on the way. Hope it works out for you.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

The sticker is crooked??? Oh no!!!
I'm sorry. Maybe I was in a rush or just screwed up. I have more labels and can send you one free if you like. How embarassing.

I'm kind of concerned about Kenny's post and this one. You guys are only putting 5300-5500mah back in the packs? I have never shipped a pack that took less than 5650mah according to my charger and most are in the 5800mah range. I will look into why this may be.

Glad they are working out for everyone. I've got 7 more packs ready for shipment to people that ordered them so if you haven't gotten yours yet, it's coming tomorrow.

I have sold out of more than 1/2 my initial order. They are going fast so if you want one please let me know ASAP. The website will be up soon as well for easier ordering.

On the suggestion of a team driver, I have changed the sheets that are included with the packs to be easier to read and cleaner looking along with an explanation of each item listed. New orders will receive the new sheets.

Thanks to all who have purchased a pack and continued to support HVR through the transformation. The precedent has been set and it's up to us, the consumer, to pressure other companies to have the same type of transparency!

Happy Racin'

- Jon

Originally Posted by kazuaki View Post
I received my pair of 2S 6000mah 60c packs on Friday. I ran through about 6 packs on Saturday and another 6 on Sunday. On Saturday I ran them on my new SCTE with an MMP/BEC and Castle 1410-3800 motor. This is geared 15/40 on a large 1/8 scale outdoor track. On Sunday, I swapped in the Tekin Pro4 4600kv motor geared 14/40.

The packs definitely have a high-quality feel to them. They feel sturdier than some other packs I've used. The punch from them was very good and they held that punch until just before LVC. I ran several of the packs down to LVC and they took about 5500mah back in, so the capacity is good. I always charged them at 18 amps. About my only complaint is that the stickers on the packs are crooked It's too early to comment on the longetivity, but I hope they hold up and continue to perform well. My SCTE/Pro4 combo can put a hurting on lipos. I've recently experienced 2 on-track failures of a very popular "budget" brand lipo, leading to one DNF in a big race.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
The sticker is crooked??? Oh no!!!
I'm sorry. Maybe I was in a rush or just screwed up. I have more labels and can send you one free if you like. How embarassing.

I'm kind of concerned about Kenny's post and this one. You guys are only putting 5300-5500mah back in the packs? I have never shipped a pack that took less than 5650mah according to my charger and most are in the 5800mah range. I will look into why this may be.

Glad they are working out for everyone. I've got 7 more packs ready for shipment to people that ordered them so if you haven't gotten yours yet, it's coming tomorrow.

I have sold out of more than 1/2 my initial order. They are going fast so if you want one please let me know ASAP. The website will be up soon as well for easier ordering.

On the suggestion of a team driver, I have changed the sheets that are included with the packs to be easier to read and cleaner looking along with an explanation of each item listed. New orders will receive the new sheets.

Thanks to all who have purchased a pack and continued to support HVR through the transformation. The precedent has been set and it's up to us, the consumer, to pressure other companies to have the same type of transparency!

Happy Racin'

- Jon
Jon It will depend on where the use sets his cutoff. I know with the tekin and castle you can program them where you want them. some choose to set them higher to extend the life of packs.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
Jon It will depend on where the use sets his cutoff. I know with the tekin and castle you can program them where you want them. some choose to set them higher to extend the life of packs.
Correct. My LVC is set at 3.2V/cell. In addition, that cutoff is being hit under load, so the resting voltage could be higher. I'm not concerned about the amount going back int the pack. It seems in line with what would be expected.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Run the SCTE as well with the Pro4 4000, was using the most common budget lipo, and 2-2 the pro4 combo chewed up both batteries, this battery shold be a good test to quality, because that motor combo seems to really need HQ batteries...
Old 10-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crocco6413 View Post
Run the SCTE as well with the Pro4 4000, was using the most common budget lipo, and 2-2 the pro4 combo chewed up both batteries, this battery shold be a good test to quality, because that motor combo seems to really need HQ batteries...
im running the same motor in my scte. I am useing less MAH per min than I was with my 4.5 and coming off alot cooler, Not to mention I am getting the same power out of the motor.
I can't wait to put the new packs threw their paces this weekend at the Charge Em Up race in Flowood, Ms.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

what about 4S lipo's are they out yet or on the way soon

would be looking for 5400+ MAH if possible for 1/8th Buggy and Truggy
Old 10-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Jon, you have any black wire you can ship with my order as well. Looking to "stealth" my new found love...LRP..
Old 10-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sorry to hijack, but this seems to be a very common problem with the RX8/Pro 4, paired with the "budget" brand lipos. There is a very easy fix, don't throw them away! The internal solder joint is bad and only takes a few minutes to fix.
These HV lipos look interesting, hope to try them sometime!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Correct. My LVC is set at 3.2V/cell. In addition, that cutoff is being hit under load, so the resting voltage could be higher. I'm not concerned about the amount going back int the pack. It seems in line with what would be expected.
+1
Also Jon, when u are not discharging at a high rate like when the car is being driven. There will be a bigger drop down spike at high amp draws so the cut off on real world usage is much more severe.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Had I thought about it I would have realized what everyone is saying.
Thanks for clearing it all up though.

4S packs are planned but not for awhile. I'm thinking saddle packs are next on the list to come out. I've had many requests for them.

Thanks for the comments guys and helping each other out.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Cool

Hey guys.
I ran my 60c/6000 down toLVC. At 15 amp charge rate it took 6024 mah back in. It ran for 38 min. in a xfactory truck running a Tekin rspro/17.5 with 50 boost and max/20 turbo. Motor came in 155' battery 115' geared at 31/78 and was the truck to beat in mod/stock class.
Batteries are the ShizzNiz.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Question

Do these packs have a 4mm bullet, or do they have a wire extending? Is there any pictures of these packs, can some of the guys who have one, post a picture......
Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Do these packs have a 4mm bullet, or do they have a wire extending? Is there any pictures of these packs, can some of the guys who have one, post a picture......

here is one from mine. 4mm bullet connectors. Sorry for the cell pic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.