Like Tree1Likes

HVR Lipo Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
Another local racer accidentally left his pack in his car TURNED ON for a WEEK. Drained the entire pack to 1.8v overall (less than 1volt per cell!) and the pack didn't puff and also gained less than 1/2 a milliohm in resistance running strong still. These really are almost invincible packs and my offer to pay for shipping to me and back to you just to show you proves how confident I am!
I'm not going to name any names here... but yeah, that was me. I can't believe the pack is still just fine
Old 10-25-2011, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Hey all!

Forgive my short absence in the last 5 days. The HV pit crew (wife and both kids) have been really sick and nobody in my house has gotten more than 4 hours of sleep continuous in a week!

Website is still in process. It's going to be a simple wordpress site for HVR with information, news, etc and hopefully an idea that was submitted about using the data sheets I provide with each pack as files on the page and a serial number consumers can use to look up their info. This will save me huge printing costs and allow future users of the pack (if someone sells the battery later and loses the sheet) to also find out information about the pack.

If and when this becomes a reality I am also going to offer a free "rediagnostics" test that will put the pack back on the graphing equipment and find out how the cell quality has held up after so much use. I will even pay for shipping both ways. It will be offered on a quarterly basis. Reason for this is because I know the pack does NOT degrade. Team driver Derry T. left his pack in the car over the summer and it ballooned up pretty big in the heat. Let it sit and it came back to real close to normal size. Stuck it on my grapher and the resistance had only increased by .3 milliohms and voltage/capacity stayed the same.

Another local racer accidentally left his pack in his car TURNED ON for a WEEK. Drained the entire pack to 1.8v overall (less than 1volt per cell!) and the pack didn't puff and also gained less than 1/2 a milliohm in resistance running strong still. These really are almost invincible packs and my offer to pay for shipping to me and back to you just to show you proves how confident I am!

New order will be arriving around the end of the month or beginning of next. Had people screaming for saddle packs but nobody has claimed any yet out of the 10 I have coming so hopefully that wasn't a waste!
Until a bigger retailer or distributor picks up the packs to sell I'm keeping the introductory price in place. After that happens I will be raising it to the suggested retail price which is still very good and far cheaper than others.

Thanks to all who have checked out the thread, gave HV a chance, and continue to support it! Things aren't moving quite as fast as I'd like but I'm really shooting for quality here, not just pushing out another brand to flood the market. That goes for the batteries, website, and everything in between. Thank you all for being so patient!

This is great news that the packs are strong. As for the saddles, what is the size of them. I know alot of people are limited to 25mm height. Maybe you posted the dimensions, but I don't recall seeing them. Looking forward to following your line up. Thanks....
Old 10-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Any time table on a "shorty" lipo? I just got a 22 and would like to get some shorty lipos for indoor tracks.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Should have funds ready to go next month. Checked out Symic out last Saturday race and they looked good. Wanting to check out your saddles though.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any news when the new order will be in. Saving now for 4 2s packs and a set of saddles.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jtipsy View Post
Any news when the new order will be in. Saving now for 4 2s packs and a set of saddles.
cut from jon's post yesterday
New order will be arriving around the end of the month or beginning of next. Had people screaming for saddle packs but nobody has claimed any yet out of the 10 I have coming so hopefully that wasn't a waste!
Until a bigger retailer or distributor picks up the packs to sell I'm keeping the introductory price in place. After that happens I will be raising it to the suggested retail price which is still very good and far cheaper than others.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Good deal, ill be more than happy to take a saddle off your hands. Got another guy interested but he is still on the market ill direct him your way also.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Had a few people ask specs on the saddles coming in.

They are 18mm tall, 34mm wide, and 96mm long.
Plenty of room to fit in the new Durangos.

Only 10 coming though so better get in fast!

Ship date is first week - 10 days in November.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

curious about the weight of your 60c 6k lipos.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Had a few people ask specs on the saddles coming in.

They are 18mm tall, 34mm wide, and 96mm long.
Plenty of room to fit in the new Durangos.

Only 10 coming though so better get in fast!

Ship date is first week - 10 days in November.
Hey Jon

That sounds like a good fit for my x-5. Hopefully I can afford a set soon
How long does it take to test a battery? Can you test my 6000s on Saturday

Thanks
G
Old 10-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

314g, post #80. which is only about 10g heavier than a Reedy 5K 40C pack
Old 10-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gouldzilla View Post
Hey Jon

That sounds like a good fit for my x-5. Hopefully I can afford a set soon
How long does it take to test a battery? Can you test my 6000s on Saturday

Thanks
G
I can put a set aside for you. We can work something out.
If you only want the resistance tested it takes about 6 minutes. If you want a full charge/discharge curve graphed it's about 3 hours and I need my computer at home to do it. IR can be done and read just from the equipment I bring to the track.

Sadly I won't be making the Blacklight race this weekend. I really wanted to run 2 classes but between the distance and the cost of entry I just can't afford it. (unless I get a few preorders in before then!)

I'll be at TRCR Friday though for club racing if you wanna come by there.

Thanks to you and Dylan for responding to the question so fast! Really appreciate everyone covering down when I don't get there fast enough.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Finally paid the rest of what I owed to Jon, can't wait til it gets here

Last edited by rcman182006; 10-25-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: questions already been awnsered XD
Old 10-26-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can put a set aside for you. We can work something out.
If you only want the resistance tested it takes about 6 minutes. If you want a full charge/discharge curve graphed it's about 3 hours and I need my computer at home to do it. IR can be done and read just from the equipment I bring to the track.

Sadly I won't be making the Blacklight race this weekend. I really wanted to run 2 classes but between the distance and the cost of entry I just can't afford it. (unless I get a few preorders in before then!)

I'll be at TRCR Friday though for club racing if you wanna come by there.

Thanks to you and Dylan for responding to the question so fast! Really appreciate everyone covering down when I don't get there fast enough.
Dang I already told some people that I was going to try to be in Oly friday. I am having issues choosing what I want to run this winter. I was wanting to stay to 2wd and 4wd buggy but now it had expanded to 1/8 and now possibly 4wd sc too. I might have to drop 4wd buggy but don't want to
Old 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We had our second State Race of the series last weekend. I am running modified touring this season and I run a boosted 5.5t setup. It's tough on the battery and the HV packs take it without blinking. They stay very strong throughout the run with no fading.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.