Traxxas Stampede Forum

Old 12-30-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default what bodies are you using

what bodies are you using on your pede . i have the bolink ford ranger on mine
Old 12-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We got choices!! We have run the stock body-definetly basher quality, a Goldberg body, at one point a my daughters VW beetle body (with smaller tires), and have most recently put on an old Losi XXX-T body. Looks pretty cool with the stadium truck body hanging on the truck !!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Proline Silverado 2500HD for most racing. Proline H2 Hummer for offroad racing due to the better departure angle of the rear end. It prevents most body damage due to the rear end being tucked back behind the motor/transmission mount.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

did you's ever use a maxx body on the pede
Old 12-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Ive never used a Maxx body on a 'Pede but a guy I race with did once. He said that it rubbed on his tires in some corners and was too big. I might try a buggy (B3/4) body just to be different. I will let ya know how that goes.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Buggy body didnt go so well. Guess it's back to the Silverado.

Anyone out there have Lunsford Turnbuckles on their 'Pede? I want to do that but I don't know the length to get.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Dan, you using the ball cup style ends or the factory Traxxas pieces?
Old 01-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

I was gonna stick to the Factory Traxxas Heim-type joints because I've seen the Ball/cup style joints pop off more frequently at our track.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Gotta be lovin' the way you can actually adjust things with decent turnbuckles.

Question: Will tire compound such as TQ Mod work on the Stampede's tires on an Ozite carpet track?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

adjustability is a wonderful thing!! still have to do the rears and may explore using a Losi or Associated turnbuckle.

Tire goo on 'Pede tires? Hmmm, interesting question. With as stiff and hard as the stock tires are and how little tread is contacting (chevron tread=not much contact area) it would be a neat experiment. Maybe traction compound on a set of Mashers would give better results due to the tires material compund and actual amount of tire contacting the surface. Just my .02.

My son and I raced on carpet (me sedan stock/rubber tires, him stock 1/12 scale) for the first time Saturday night.....man what a difference from dirt! We did this to try something different and get laps in before the off-road season.

'Pedes on a carpet track....on of those things that makes you go hmmmm
Old 01-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Dfroyd-

As wierd as it sounds the Stampede class has the most diverse following at our club. They are raced everyday we have racing. From indoor clay trioval, carpet oval, carpet roadcourse, outdoor dirt oval, and dirt offroad they are the most prolific class we race. Even on March 20th at the Oval Shootout at our carpet track the RACE DIRECTOR and HOBBYSHOP OWNER both want the class there. Go figure.

Anyway, on the tire goo and tire choice we have to run the stock chevron tire. I was looking for any slight edge and thought that that might soften the tire up a bit.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

Thats great that a stampede class is being run. Very fun vehicles.

We ran a modified indoor monster truck class. Basically as long as you jacked up the body and ran the monster tires you were legal.

The Stampedes did much better than the E-Maxxes. with the battery slung under the chassis of the Stampede, they handled quite well against the modified T4's and Rustlers.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dan that's awesome that you have that many people running 'Pedes!! After I get done with this post I'm putting one out on the Minnesota Racing forum to see how many people would race next summer. I think tire goo would soften them up a bit. Keeping with the chevron tread design would it be legal to shave the tread down like the big guys do? I know in a previous post I said it would be a lot of fuss, but it could increase the contact patch with the carpet along with decreasing flex. Just a thought.

Cain, it sounds like your class was run what you brung and hope you brung enough

It's wild what dropping the battery under the chassis does for handling! We change over to all side/side batteries so now I have to figure out a good way to hold them under there. Maybe a Losi battery hold down and drop a couple of posts down from the bottom of the chassis. Any ideas?

A couple of years ago we had a monster class that allowed emaxxes and stampedes to run together....not good. It turned out to be more of a crash fest than a race!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cain, how often do you run and on what days????
Old 01-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

There was a track up here that ran Nitro Stampedes vs other Nitro monster trucks. A Nitro Stampede beat the T/E Maxxes, Dominators, Savages, and other nitro M.T.'s. A kid drove it and he was patient. That was funny to see-RTR 'Pede vs $1000 monsters and the pede won!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service