Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Traxxas Stampede Forum >

Traxxas Stampede Forum

Traxxas Stampede Forum

Old 01-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

i use that charger on my 3000s. works fine for me. bout 35-45 minutes of charge so they are slightly warm and they run great.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCUH3&P=ML
great deal. i use them in everything from starters to racing. works great for on-road, off-road, 2wd, 4wd, tc, e-maxx. you name it and it works for it. thats a great deal on batteries too. good quality.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mid January isnt to long.... to wait ... So you have had a charger like it ...damn The manual says to charge 2000 at least 30 min. If you were charging yours at 35 to 45.... no wonder the batterys dont work anymore... I fried them ?>@$ers to death sometimes I charged them at 35 min... Battery abuse bOOOOOOOy !!! Have You seen or heard good of this and why is it so cheap dosent HPI have a good name?
http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/hpi/hpic0510.html
Old 01-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

its an HPI, ill give it that. so it will probly be decent. after looking at it it seems like it will be a pretty good truck. but you will hate that pull start. i hated mine. i think the extra 20 bucks is worth the electric start on the rustler. not trying to push you away from the firestorm, but i like the ease of electric start. seems like the truck is pretty dialed in. seems like hpi knew what they were goign to do to make it strong and tough. .18 is pretty big for a race truck too. that side exhaust engine will kill you if you want to upgrade though. trucks with side exhaust engines are hard to find pipes and engiens for. it seems liek a great truck though. those are the few weak spots i see on it though
Old 01-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

I checked out rcu about it and this guy who purchased one said his front bulkhead split in half cause it was so thin .... That turned me off about it as well as the pullstart....
Old 01-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

yeah breaking bulkheads is a pain. they are hard to get too usually. i would be more worried about moding that truck then the pull start. like i said before, side exhaust engines are hard to find tuned pipes and replacements and stuff for.
Old 01-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Im just gonna stick with something I know for sure is goin to be dependable..... And rustler hasnt changed its design ever I dont think. why do I here about the rear shock tower breakin on it alot? Probably guys getting major air with it and I dont really intend on airn it out that high. Its a Stadium Truck not really the purpose small triples and doubles ya but a ramp at 45 to 55 degrees not tryin to tear myne up. Thats what MTs are for!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

if your looking for dependability, you cant go wrong with traxxas. i havent heard of the rustler rear towers breaking? my bros and friends havent. my friend and i made a wallride in an empty parking garage and we were going about 15 feet up and flat grounding. his truck took it fine. im not recomending it in a rustler, a revo or t-maxx maybe, but you dont want to screw something. its build to be fast and quick. take long low jumps.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

!5 ft wall ride that would be painful for a rusty ... My pede would hurt from that one.... Thats if I land turtletopped. Thats what I was sayin the rusty is low long jump material .... Heard it handles quite abit on the sloppyside any suggestions partwise on the springs to make it handle better or do others not know what they are talking about...
Old 01-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

nah man 15 feet. his didnt get quite that high. his rusty went up a little over 12. but we measured my revos highest point and it was just over 15 feet . im not gonna say other people dont know what they are saying, but to me, they handle fine. they arent a full blown racer. no dought bout that. but for bashing, its everything you need. it will handle better than your pede. i personally think they require more throttle work on the track, they dont work good breaking through turns. break heading into it then throttle it sideways or real wide. my opinion that is. for bashing, leave it how it is. as of the rear towers breaking, my bro has jumped a 10 foot fence when one of his battery wires broke. his truck went full throttle down a back stretch at my track and leaped the fence off the berm. and full throttle off a jump and holding it will yank the front of those trucks up fast. he landed bakc first and took off across a field untill he ran into a rock pile. after all that, it was still only hsis wire that was broken. this is a 5 year old one too! itll last, trust me
Old 01-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

dude I just picture that shit !!!!!LOL I would be chasin after it like crazy. Thats crazy though maybe the failsafe isnt such a bad idea!!!! Is it raining where your at?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

What do you think of the premier 4 4x4 ST from cen racing. Cen pretty good !

2 speed tranny 1/10 st with 4wd
Old 01-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

no clue man. dont hear much bout them. nah it just quit raining here. everything is still wet though so i cant drive. yeah my bro was in the tower and i swear i was runnign as fast as his rusty behind it. haha
Old 01-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Damn your like a Cheetah Any ways done the reasearch on some forums about that premier 4 .... Did not like what I heard. Lot of work being done to them right off the bat. Problems with drive axles snapping, radios defective, hubs breaking???? NAAAAAH No way!
Its freakin rainin here to! SSSOOOO im stuck watching tv or on this addictive computer.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

yeah comp is pretty addictive. im always on just for school though. my teachers do everything through email and online. yeah if there are bad reviews right off the bat, dont get it. those never end well. yeah bout chassing my bros rusty. its got a pro.15. so it only does about 35-40 with the carb and pipe he put on it. haha. yeah but i can garuntee the rusty will work great, have great customer support, and be easy to deal with and maintain(for a nitro). plus you can get parts anywere and everywere.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like a good guy hopefully he gets the lifetimeplan for the truck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service