Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Traxxas Stampede Forum >

Traxxas Stampede Forum

Traxxas Stampede Forum

Old 01-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

i almost never change them in my pede. they last a long time. all you need is a failsafe, which that one on ebay has and if you got a new one it would only cost like $30. im adding it up at $300 with gas and a bottle and a few extra plugs from tower hobbies. how did you get up to $360? another way to go, which is what im doign now, is get a tmaiya dark impact or MRC academy 4wd buggy and put a mamba in it. they will keep up with 1/8 nitro buggies o nthe track. that will outrun your rustler, and it cost the same, and its easier to work on. but if you want nitro, you cant beat traxxas
Old 01-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is my list !!!! Is there a short cut for the filter oil and after run .? I know Traxxas says wd-40 works for after run oil...... I might add an extra set of tires to the list God knows those on the rusty wont last.

IR tempgauge 21.00
rustler 289.00
2 plugs 2.99 x2
filter oil 4.00
after run 3.00
2 bottles 20% nitro fuel 8.99 x2
250 cc fuel bottle 6.00

Thats the rough. I definatly want a nitro for sure!
I have My pede that will be my master piece once Im finished with it! LONGGGG term project!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Old 01-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

sounds pretty good. yeah you know you can get a fuel bottle that is like 750cc for the same price right? atleast a 500cc for sure. dont get after run oil. for a basher, a VERY slight shot of WD-40 into the engine were the glow plug is supposed to be, then turn the motor over a few times with the starter, will be fine. i usually dont use after run oil at all. or WD-40. only when im cleaning, and i use WD-40 then. my old pro.15 lasted me 4 years without a problem. i would recomend take care of the engine though. but save yourself a few bucks and just use WD-40 to clean. as for tires, if you glue them, they last a while. just try to avoid slidding around on the concrete. my friends lasted a long time.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

My area is mostly street but there is a big field out back with short grass. might get a pair of steet tires for the rear just for that purpose. Man I cant wait till this ship comes in ..... Hey I was reading an article about break-in technique .. It said to run 1/8 to 1/4 throttle like 10 to 15 minutes ......shut down and cool ....15 min. Then 1/4 to 1/2 throttle for 15 to 20 min ....shut down and cool same .... so on and so on!!!! do you do it differantly from the manual....?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Heres the site

http://www.johnnycoolguy.com/JCGR/ma..._break-in.html
Old 01-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

nah road tires wont be that great. i run them on my race truck just because i build my own street car course in the street outside my house. i put jumps in it there. get some all terrain. some dirt hogs or dirt works or something. they will be better. that way you can go flying across the street the plow into the field then go back. which truck are you getting? the one from ebay or a new one? if your running a new one with the 2.5 TRX, the nfollow the manual. its an all day deal depending on cool time and temperature. mine took about a day with both my 2.5 and 3.3. its not that big of a deal though. just charge up a battery while your driving, then drive your pede while the rusty cools, then go back ot breakin. follow the manual. its better to follow it and take time then to forget about it and do your own little "half" breakin.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

o and a tip to keep your tires longer if you run the stock spiked tires, is to belt them. shave a little bit of the foam insert out so it will have a little bit of role in the side of the tire. turn the tires inside out and lightly wrap the clear packign tape stuff around a few times. then glue them. it will help keep them from balloning and ripping. also makes them last slightly longer.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

It sooo time consuming !!! Im just gettin a brand new one man ... Thats what the hobby is about you know ... Not getting it with were and tear and hop-ups already installed What did you think of that article on the pros way of breakin in the engine?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the tip....... I heared about there spike tires balooning bad....So how many quarts equal a break-in 1/2 or so.....
Old 01-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Default Vato

Hows the brushless set up. doing? Have you clocked it yet?
Old 01-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

from what i read in that article, it seems like that is for OS angines. TRX engines have very picky break ins. it is time consuming yes, but that is recomended in the TRX manuals and site.if you wanna try that method than you can. i cant complain with my engines though. all my traxxas motors have been great since day one (other than my blown gasket in my 3.3 which ive learned to drive with untill i get my o rings in and it still has just as much power). i would personally say use the TRX form of breaking in the engine. i wouldnt want to risk messing it up. but at the same time, traxxas has the lifetime engine replacement plan and a warranty. so if you did that and it somehow messed up, you oculd replace it for very cheap.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

True I would most likely do something stupid and mess that up...... Ill stick to the manual..... Man I cant seem to get anyone interested in this hobby around here and if they are its with a cheapo.... You know the "new brights" that are 1/8 to 1/5 size and run 5 mph I freakin hate those .... WhAT happened to tyco they dont even make ok stuff any more the "turbo bandit " was there last fine cheapo.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

your showing them up wit ha pede now. wait till you get that ruslter broken in. i know the manual seems time consuming. and it is annoying that you have a new truck that you want to drive hard and all but cant for a day, but its harder to mess somethign up like tha manual and its not going to do any damage. otherwise traxxas wouldnt tell you to do it.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

The only thing Im mad about is I keep abusing my Batterys

This charger is bad for a battery. Its ok for 1500 s or so
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJC34&P=7
My pede has been nice when my batterys are operating to full potential. Accept for the rear tower incident. Its not good to just keep charging the same battery over and over all day! Those 2 I bought from ALL-BATTERYS .com ssssuuuuuccccckkkkeeeeddd... I will not be the fool to buy those ever again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service