Wiki Posts
Search

some receiver questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default some receiver questions

ok i got a good question for yas...

i have an MX-3S 27mhz, and right now the receiver is in my bolink car for the winter. once spring hits the receiver is going back in my GT. just for the off season car, im going to get a cheap receiver to throw in for bashing.

can i get a regular crystal receiver like the XXL and an airtronics 27mhz crystal? or am i stuck getting a synthesized receiver? its not a huge $ hike to go with the XXtra which tower has for 80.... or the mx3s receiver for 90...

is there a cheap alternative for the off season?
Old 11-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Addict

Yes you can use the XXL as long as you buy the Airtronics version. You could also probably get away with buying the JR or KO version. As far as I know Futaba and Hitec are the only companies that use a negative shift and all of their stuff is compatible, and just about everything else uses a positive shift so I wouldn't be suprised if they were compatible.