R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Questions?? lipo battery?

Hi all, can you please tell me wich battery is better, lipo 7.4V 5500mah or lipo 11.1V 4500mah? Thanks
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

no
cause one is a 2cell the other is a 3cell,we need more info
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default ???

What Vehicle? What Motor & ESC? Are you Racing or Just Bashing.... Need some more info to help you please...
RC America - XRay - Hudy - Maclan Racing - Xpert Servos - Schelle Racing Innovations - AKA Racing Products - DE Racing - Sticky Kicks - Sanwa
JFuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That question tells me you need to do A LOT of research on lipos before you purchase or try to use them....

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Sorry, I'm still learning.... I'm using EzRun 5.5T 6000kv and 60A Esc, the car is Ansmann Royal Flash rtr electric truggy. I'm looking for a battery which will give me more running time for hard bashing and maximum power. I'm sorry again for the info I gave thanks
Old 08-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dzharov View Post
Sorry, I'm still learning.... I'm using EzRun 5.5T 6000kv and 60A Esc, the car is Ansmann Royal Flash rtr electric truggy. I'm looking for a battery which will give me more running time for hard bashing and maximum power. I'm sorry again for the info I gave thanks
My Honest answer mate would be to talk with someone at your local hobby shop or race track if you have never dealt with lipo's before. find someone who knows and is willing to help you with your electric setup.

If you get it wrong with lipos (handling them, charging, using and type) you could loose more than just your car.
Club: Keilor Off-Road RC Car Club
Lojik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
My Honest answer mate would be to talk with someone at your local hobby shop or race track if you have never dealt with lipo's before. find someone who knows and is willing to help you with your electric setup.

If you get it wrong with lipos (handling them, charging, using and type) you could loose more than just your car.
agree, you can get great info here but it would be safest to talk to someone with experience and in person. If at all possible.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
Tech Initiate

a 3s is better but if u are new get a 2s much less power
goofy1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

thanks, I will ask in the hobby shop
Old 08-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RatsacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy1011 View Post
a 3s is better but if u are new get a 2s much less power
Pretty sure that motor won't like 3s, AT ALL. ESC might not with that motor as well.
All you have to do is read the specs for your ESC/motor combo and it'll tell you that you can't use 3s with it. How hard is it?
Spektrum DX3C
RatsacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Tech Rookie

I CAN use 3s lipo with this esc and motor but I asked a simple Q which battery will give me more speed more power more running time, 2s lipo 5500mah or 3s lipo 4500mah? Thank you
Old 08-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dzharov View Post
I CAN use 3s lipo with this esc and motor but I asked a simple Q which battery will give me more speed more power more running time, 2s lipo 5500mah or 3s lipo 4500mah? Thank you
That depends on so many factors; what gearing ratio are you running; what type of track is it; what sort of layout is the track; what sort of grip do you have; what is your throttle management like

3 Cell will pump more power through your ESC and Motor, in doing so you reduce your mah draw but increase your wattage and amperage and weight. depending on the above factors will have a major effect on the overall running time you will get, also there is heat to consider.

You said earlier you are doing hard bashing and want maximum power, well a 3 cell if your setup can handle it will give you more physical power but whether you can plant that power on the ground efficiently and safely is another question all together, I have no experience with the model you have so cannot comment on the above, the best way to find out if to talk with other people who run that model and see what they have done.
Club: Keilor Off-Road RC Car Club
Lojik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #13
Tech Rookie

Quote:
That depends on so many factors; what gearing ratio are you running; what type of track is it; what sort of layout is the track; what sort of grip do you have; what is your throttle management like

3 Cell will pump more power through your ESC and Motor, in doing so you reduce your mah draw but increase your wattage and amperage and weight. depending on the above factors will have a major effect on the overall running time you will get, also there is heat to consider.

You said earlier you are doing hard bashing and want maximum power, well a 3 cell if your setup can handle it will give you more physical power but whether you can plant that power on the ground efficiently and safely is another question all together, I have no experience with the model you have so cannot comment on the above, the best way to find out if to talk with other people who run that model and see what they have done.
ok thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #14
Tech Rookie

Quote:

Hi, thanks for the text the gearing is 60/21 the track is street or offroad (grass, mud, sand), I don't know the ather thing I don't know how to explain them.... Thank you again
Old 08-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #15
Tech Rookie

Quote:

Hi, thanks for the text the gearing is 60/21 the track is street or offroad (grass, mud, sand), I don't know the ather thing I don't know how to explain them.... Thank you again