R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Questions?? lipo battery?

Hi all, can you please tell me wich battery is better, lipo 7.4V 5500mah or lipo 11.1V 4500mah? Thanks
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,299
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

no
cause one is a 2cell the other is a 3cell,we need more info
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*Tekno-rc*DE Racing*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
JFuel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central IL
Posts: 3,584
Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default ???

What Vehicle? What Motor & ESC? Are you Racing or Just Bashing.... Need some more info to help you please...
__________________
Alan Bachman (AKA - Johnny Rocket Fuel)
Help your fellow racers go faster... You will have more competition!!!
Sponsors:
RC America - XRay - Hudy - Maclan Racing - Xpert Servos - Schelle Racing Innovations - AKA Racing Products - DE Racing - Sticky Kicks - Sanwa
JFuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,890
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

That question tells me you need to do A LOT of research on lipos before you purchase or try to use them....
__________________
Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Default

Sorry, I'm still learning.... I'm using EzRun 5.5T 6000kv and 60A Esc, the car is Ansmann Royal Flash rtr electric truggy. I'm looking for a battery which will give me more running time for hard bashing and maximum power. I'm sorry again for the info I gave thanks
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Lojik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Caroline Springs, MEL, Victoria
Posts: 202
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dzharov View Post
Sorry, I'm still learning.... I'm using EzRun 5.5T 6000kv and 60A Esc, the car is Ansmann Royal Flash rtr electric truggy. I'm looking for a battery which will give me more running time for hard bashing and maximum power. I'm sorry again for the info I gave thanks
My Honest answer mate would be to talk with someone at your local hobby shop or race track if you have never dealt with lipo's before. find someone who knows and is willing to help you with your electric setup.

If you get it wrong with lipos (handling them, charging, using and type) you could loose more than just your car.
__________________
B4.2ish 21.5T, Speed Passion, Team Zombie, Hitec, J Concepts
B44.2 17.5T, Speed Passion, Team Zombie, J Concepts
Radio: Futaba 4PLS
Club: Keilor Off-Road RC Car Club
Lojik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #7
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,890
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
My Honest answer mate would be to talk with someone at your local hobby shop or race track if you have never dealt with lipo's before. find someone who knows and is willing to help you with your electric setup.

If you get it wrong with lipos (handling them, charging, using and type) you could loose more than just your car.
agree, you can get great info here but it would be safest to talk to someone with experience and in person. If at all possible.
__________________
Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 30
Default

a 3s is better but if u are new get a 2s much less power
goofy1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #9
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Default

thanks, I will ask in the hobby shop
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
RatsacK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bundaberg, QLD
Posts: 1,442
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to RatsacK
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy1011 View Post
a 3s is better but if u are new get a 2s much less power
Pretty sure that motor won't like 3s, AT ALL. ESC might not with that motor as well.
All you have to do is read the specs for your ESC/motor combo and it'll tell you that you can't use 3s with it. How hard is it?
__________________
Team C 2WD SCT
Axial SCX10 Honcho
LRP S10 Drifter
Spektrum DX3C
RatsacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Default

I CAN use 3s lipo with this esc and motor but I asked a simple Q which battery will give me more speed more power more running time, 2s lipo 5500mah or 3s lipo 4500mah? Thank you
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #12
Tech Adept
 
Lojik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Caroline Springs, MEL, Victoria
Posts: 202
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Dzharov View Post
I CAN use 3s lipo with this esc and motor but I asked a simple Q which battery will give me more speed more power more running time, 2s lipo 5500mah or 3s lipo 4500mah? Thank you
That depends on so many factors; what gearing ratio are you running; what type of track is it; what sort of layout is the track; what sort of grip do you have; what is your throttle management like

3 Cell will pump more power through your ESC and Motor, in doing so you reduce your mah draw but increase your wattage and amperage and weight. depending on the above factors will have a major effect on the overall running time you will get, also there is heat to consider.

You said earlier you are doing hard bashing and want maximum power, well a 3 cell if your setup can handle it will give you more physical power but whether you can plant that power on the ground efficiently and safely is another question all together, I have no experience with the model you have so cannot comment on the above, the best way to find out if to talk with other people who run that model and see what they have done.
__________________
B4.2ish 21.5T, Speed Passion, Team Zombie, Hitec, J Concepts
B44.2 17.5T, Speed Passion, Team Zombie, J Concepts
Radio: Futaba 4PLS
Club: Keilor Off-Road RC Car Club
Lojik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #13
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
That depends on so many factors; what gearing ratio are you running; what type of track is it; what sort of layout is the track; what sort of grip do you have; what is your throttle management like

3 Cell will pump more power through your ESC and Motor, in doing so you reduce your mah draw but increase your wattage and amperage and weight. depending on the above factors will have a major effect on the overall running time you will get, also there is heat to consider.

You said earlier you are doing hard bashing and want maximum power, well a 3 cell if your setup can handle it will give you more physical power but whether you can plant that power on the ground efficiently and safely is another question all together, I have no experience with the model you have so cannot comment on the above, the best way to find out if to talk with other people who run that model and see what they have done.
ok thanks
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:56 AM   #14
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
That depends on so many factors; what gearing ratio are you running; what type of track is it; what sort of layout is the track; what sort of grip do you have; what is your throttle management like

3 Cell will pump more power through your ESC and Motor, in doing so you reduce your mah draw but increase your wattage and amperage and weight. depending on the above factors will have a major effect on the overall running time you will get, also there is heat to consider.

You said earlier you are doing hard bashing and want maximum power, well a 3 cell if your setup can handle it will give you more physical power but whether you can plant that power on the ground efficiently and safely is another question all together, I have no experience with the model you have so cannot comment on the above, the best way to find out if to talk with other people who run that model and see what they have done.
Hi, thanks for the text the gearing is 60/21 the track is street or offroad (grass, mud, sand), I don't know the ather thing I don't know how to explain them.... Thank you again
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:19 AM   #15
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
That depends on so many factors; what gearing ratio are you running; what type of track is it; what sort of layout is the track; what sort of grip do you have; what is your throttle management like

3 Cell will pump more power through your ESC and Motor, in doing so you reduce your mah draw but increase your wattage and amperage and weight. depending on the above factors will have a major effect on the overall running time you will get, also there is heat to consider.

You said earlier you are doing hard bashing and want maximum power, well a 3 cell if your setup can handle it will give you more physical power but whether you can plant that power on the ground efficiently and safely is another question all together, I have no experience with the model you have so cannot comment on the above, the best way to find out if to talk with other people who run that model and see what they have done.
Hi, thanks for the text the gearing is 60/21 the track is street or offroad (grass, mud, sand), I don't know the ather thing I don't know how to explain them.... Thank you again
Sam Dzharov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Damnit, the lipo battery industry needs better standards! Freezebyte Electric Off-Road 130 06-20-2017 11:07 AM
LiPo Battery Connectors? ejmetz Electric Off-Road 79 10-06-2010 12:09 AM
Sc10 LiPo battery, which one? wes29 Electric Off-Road 22 04-30-2010 08:49 PM
1s Lipo Battery Options?? pejota Electric On-Road 139 03-03-2010 03:38 PM
Maxamps Lipo Battery Review killer89 Electric Off-Road 48 10-24-2007 07:03 AM


Tags
battery pack, electric 1/10th, truggy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:58 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net