Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy >

The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy

The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy

Old 10-12-2014, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Wonder if this thread is still alive.

I have broken the diff screw 2 times now, once while assembling it and once on the race track last night while driving very easy. When I broke the first screw, I simply installed a 3mm hex screw to see if it was the material causing the issue. This time it broke the head right off the screw while on the track.

Question is, has anyone found any other Diffs that would directly fit into this car? Its a great car for learning to drive with...and I have never "raced" on a track so, its been a good investment so far. I just need to work out the diff issues
Old 10-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

I suppose it is time to hand off the car -

- out!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't broken one, but i would imagine that if you found a similar screw at the hardware store, it should be fine. Getting a screw of the same pitch and length should be useful.

I don't have the manual in front of me, but you could try ordering from VENOM directly. I noticed it was similar in shape and length to the YOKOMO Diff screw, but haven't actually tore my car apart to confirm it.

Best of luck...

MOmo
Old 10-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

I put a 3mm screw in it from the hardware store and it was working great until the other day in practice....warming up. snapped the head off it at the head. I have a few spares from Atomik but I think its time to step up my game.

Thanks for the info
Old 01-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i just dug out my v2mr, i was going to mess around with it in mid motor until i have the funds for a b5m.

it's a shame venom/atomik dropped it, it's not a bad car and i had a good time racing it it in rear motor, just as good as anything out there in winter/ spring of 2014.

i still may get it together in mm and just tinker with it. mm is new to me in offroad so i think it will still be fun for practice/learning to tune mm sessions.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Suspended

I've purchased all remaining stock of V2MR kits, and parts from Atomik. i'm currently in the process of trying to create some aftermarket support for this buggy. I will be having a couple of parts made of aluminum. The main parts for now, will be the front arm carriers, and of course the rear T-plate. I will also be looking into carbon fiber shock towers. I have a large quantity of OEM parts available for purchase. The only parts I don't currently have, are the rear T-plate, front arm carriers, shock towers and front arms. I have most everything else. If interested in aftermarket parts, please be patient as I'm preparing 3d models and cad drawings in my "spare time". Feel free to contact me about any V2MR parts inquiries.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I still run this thing from time to time. Last time I got it out I broke my front arms. Curious to know if I could retrofit another brand of front arms on this.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Any updates for parts availability for this chassis?
Old 02-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I found parts

Originally Posted by Big Midget View Post
Any updates for parts availability for this chassis?
I own this buggy, and found parts on Ebid, aftermarket and OEM. Pretty cheap too.