Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

patiently waiting...mmmm, another 2wd buggy for the stable
Old 09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jk racing View Post
patiently waiting...mmmm, another 2wd buggy for the stable
Joey,

I'm on the list to get one once they are available. Can't wait.

Been kicking the SC idea around too, but picked up a 44.1 for so cheap, I couldn't pass it up. I seriously want to run mid motor setup. Def. could give my B4 a run for its money.

How's ur gambler holding up? Are you rear or mid motor?

Momo
Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Rear motor, when I picked it up (used) it was already set up rear, no mid motor parts included. I like it, I am going to hit the track with it again this monday (hopefully) and get some RC10 & Gambler testing.

I will like having another buggy, cont seem to get enough of them lately
Old 09-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (99%+)

The V2MR, will have a 77, and 79t spur. Also coming with all parts to convert to mid motor. Also youll get both metric, and standard stub axles, ball bearing steering, supr sized big bores. No wheel hexes... drive pins for rear, bearings for front. Standard bearings are not included in the kit. Grease for the diff or thrust also not included, no tires.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice can't wait. So I take it B4 wheels work?
Old 09-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (99%+)

Originally Posted by nickmax View Post
Nice can't wait. So I take it B4 wheels work?
Yes.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
The V2MR, will have a 77, and 79t spur. Also coming with all parts to convert to mid motor. Also youll get both metric, and standard stub axles, ball bearing steering, supr sized big bores. No wheel hexes... drive pins for rear, bearings for front. Standard bearings are not included in the kit. Grease for the diff or thrust also not included, no tires.
Any idea on price?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

i will have pics up soon, maybe tonite? price should be very competitive with the market competitors
Old 09-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

here are pics of the build, minus shocks, will do them tomorrow night:

good sturdy box, can be re-used

nice manual, well written

nice labeled bags

good looking, strong feeling wheels, with logo

trans assembly

ball diff went together well and feels good. there is threaded aluminum slider for diff screw rather than plastic with lock nut like most, and the screw has loctite pre applied, nice touch

4 gear trans for mid motor, i am testing first on tight indoor carpet offroad and figured mid motor would work well.

slipper went together well, a bit more play in the plates on the top shaft than i would like, just have to be sure you hold the assembly centered well when tightening nut. AE slipper pads will fit, as well as AE style gears. I am using the new JConcepts machined gear here. The AE plates will not work due to offset difference.

chassis feels good, obviously nice composite mix, and the rear plate locks in well, nice tolerances here.

servo saver assembly, nice snug fit, not excessive play

small bearings for the steering, like the gambler, but it held up well on the truck, so i see no problems here

turnbuckle quality feels very good, big pivot ball studs like gambler, Like. standard and metric sized axles included, but metric 5x10x4 bearings included with kit. Tolerances at hingepins and arms is spot on, very nice, no sanding needed. Shock tower feels like it will hold up well also.

i am working on fitting 12mm hex front spindles here, i have alot of wheels/tires on 12mm hex already

again, rear fit of hinge pins and arms is great, shimmed a little at rear inner pin. 5x10x4 rear bearings as well

mid motor

CVD's are nice and should be very strong, wish it had captured pins, rather than set screws, but the pins are notched so they should hold well, dont forget locktite here. Wing mounts are standard plastic, good flex, should take some good impacts.

nice aluminum bracing for mid motor setup, outer most brace has to be loosened at chassis to install motor, but it is no biggie. These braces also mount to the rear plate and the chassis, bridging that gap and increasing strength even more, nice touch for sure.

trans case ties into the rear tower nicely as well to help with stiffness and durability, there is a small part that screws to the tower and the trans case locks into it.

nice carbon battery hold down using 4 body pins to secure it and height is adjustable as well. In rear motor configuration it will fit standard size stick pack long ways, shorty pack long ways, shorty pack sideways, or saddle pack, so lots of possibilities. In mid motor configuration it will fit shorty stick pack long ways, shorty pack sideways, or saddle pack. I will be running the Venom shorty pack.

rear wheels use pins also, but working on 12mm hex conversion here as well. The body and wing are nice quality molds, feel like they will hold up to some abuse, especially the wing, and the design is a unique cab forward design to set it apart from others, good styling.

nice sturdy gear cover is included as well, not seen here.

So far this buggy looks to be a great platform and really should perform well. Looks to be a big change in quality from the Gambler, so please dont let it worry you when choosing this buggy. I will be testing it this friday night, and ill be racing it as well in mod class. I will be going all out as usual, no taking it easy, we will see how well it holds up. I will post more pics when I do the shocks, but they look like they will be very nice, will also post pics with the Viper ESC and motor installed as well as Radiopost Servo and RX..... stay tuned
Old 09-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

cant wait to get my hands on one and start building. looks great
Old 09-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Agreed.

Getting pretty stoked. So for the BB shocks, if you've made it that far, will losi or Kyosho springs fit?

Thoughts on what battery configuration you'll run?

Momo
Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

looks good hopefuly be out in time for winter indoor? ive been looking for something differant for the carpet season this year
Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Any idea when the body shell will be available seperatly? I have a feeling that it's going to fit my TRF201 like a glove.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Csaari77 View Post
Any idea when the body shell will be available seperatly? I have a feeling that it's going to fit my TRF201 like a glove.
Nope I already tried the center part of the chassis on the Atomik is narrower and the taper on the rear of the chassis is more gradual.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Crap! I was hoping it would match up because the front looks like a dead ringer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.