Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy >

The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy

The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy

Old 08-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Innovation is how you stand out and grab market share, not putting out a "me to" product.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
but really, how many different ways can you make a 2wd buggy??

the TRF201 is really just a B4 so whats the point?
well, losi managed to make one pretty different, Durango too, I mean, it can be done. This appears to offer nothing unique to bring to the table or advance the class what so ever. Just sayin
Old 08-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Everyone has to remember Venom doesnt have all the R&D in the race market that other companies have. I think for just debuting something for the first time in the serious race market it looks pretty dang good. Yes it may resemble another manufacturers car, but so does pretty much everything other company.... Yes, I know look at losi..... but they also have 20+ years experience in the market as well.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot View Post
but really, how many different ways can you make a 2wd buggy??
lol Bingo!

Heck look at how much you read that the differences between the b4 and the b4.1 are hardly noticeable!

Other then a large company just needing a version of a 2wd buggy for the people that are diehard to their name brand - I dont think putting much research and development into a 1/10th 2wd buggy is of much use. How are you going to get any better??

What I like most about this buggy is that it shows our industry is doing well. What started out as a little battery, charger, and misc accessory outfit has grown into actually making a buggy. Because if they didn't have the money flowing, we surely wouldn't be staring at it!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That car is pretty much the new durango 2w Look at them both and youll she there pretty much the same
Old 08-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XMSRacing View Post
lol Bingo!

Heck look at how much you read that the differences between the b4 and the b4.1 are hardly noticeable!

Other then a large company just needing a version of a 2wd buggy for the people that are diehard to their name brand - I dont think putting much research and development into a 1/10th 2wd buggy is of much use. How are you going to get any better??

What I like most about this buggy is that it shows our industry is doing well. What started out as a little battery, charger, and misc accessory outfit has grown into actually making a buggy. Because if they didn't have the money flowing, we surely wouldn't be staring at it!
+1 dude.
We should be stoked there are more options....and we are past the days of having two choices...AE or Losi.
10th scale offroad is booming.....these are good days.
g
Old 08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Munn42 View Post
Everyone has to remember Venom doesnt have all the R&D in the race market that other companies have. I think for just debuting something for the first time in the serious race market it looks pretty dang good. Yes it may resemble another manufacturers car, but so does pretty much everything other company.... Yes, I know look at losi..... but they also have 20+ years experience in the market as well.
+1

Some people just flat out bash Venom period. They could bring out the most technological advanced car ever seen and they'd still get bashed by some people and say "meh, not that cool."
Old 08-11-2011, 05:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

the car looks pretty sweet and I wish Venom all the luck with it!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I think the car looks great!!

Can't wait to get mine.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

SWEET! The more the merrier. I am glad to see more 2wd buggies on the market. It is reall cool to go to a big race and see 5 or more different manufactures make the show.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XMSRacing View Post
- I dont think putting much research and development into a 1/10th 2wd buggy is of much use. How are you going to get any better??

If a company can truly improve the way a buggy runs then great. The 22 is a neat design but I don't believe it's a faster car then what's already out there, just different. If someone makes a B4 knock-off with Xray plastic and metal quality they win.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
If a company can truly improve the way a buggy runs then great. The 22 is a neat design but I don't believe it's a faster car then what's already out there, just different. If someone makes a B4 knock-off with Xray plastic and metal quality they win.
I agree. Race results show that while the 22 is a good car it isn't a game changer performance wise. They simply use a different method to put the laps on the board. That's not a knock on TLR, I'm an AE guys but I'm glad TLR is moving in the right direction. I don't think it's possible for any company to make a car that's going to put a lap on the entire field.

It will take a BIG push from Venom along with some well known drivers on the team to get people to take them serious in the racing community. I don't see the Gambler flying off the shelf...honestly I've never even seen one...
Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Venom's edge has always been their price...if they can get the same performance as a b.41, a 22, or tamiya 210, or the new durango and sell the kit for $149 - $199, that will make a lot of people check it out. Price is how Venom has gotten into the situation their in, they put out the same product (at the time it was their batteries) as everyone else but beat them on price...especially in this economy.

I haven't seen anyone down here in socal running the gambler, but I've read that some guys are pretty fast with it and have won some races. It will be interesting to see if venom does release this 2wd.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (99%+)

this is great news.. I too cant wait to get mine. Good luck to the boyz at the Nat's.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any updates of how the VMR2 went in the end?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.