Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy >

The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy

The Official Atomik / Venom V2MR RedEdition® 2WD Race Spec Buggy

Old 04-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cool raul, i hope to see you up in winsted, outdoor 2wd mod is a staple up in the woods.

pete-
Old 04-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I ran my car the other day, I wasnt happy with how I set up the shocks, but the car still performed admirably. After a shock rebuild, I will test again, but on an outdoor track.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

I have a question for those of you with the buggy. Are you interested in a chassis protector? I have e-mailed John Bolton of Factory One RC if he will make one for me and he has said that he will. John is a sponsor and I am hoping that if enough of us want one of them that he will produce several at one time and they can become a staple product of his. I will be ordering the VM2R next week and once I get the buggy I am going to measure the chassis and have him cut one for me. I used one on my B4 and it went on great and more importantly very easy.
www.factoryone-rc.com is his website.
Blake
Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would be interested in one
Old 04-16-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sorry wrong thread haha.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

stoked, my v2mr has landed!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (99%+)

Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
stoked, my v2mr has landed!
Is it built yet.. I know the track isnt. Im gunna try mine friday possibly at Wolcott. If I can get out of work early enough.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

2/3's of the way there. spent a couple of hours on it last night.
i'm liking the way it's going together. the ball cups and studs are huge! (hopefully they are as good as they look and don't need to be replaced, like some other cars that i won't mention)

we'll see if i can get it finished and painted in time for friday.
say i get it ready for friday, 10.5 or 7.5? i was planning on the 7.5 for winsted, i've never been to wolcott.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Got my buggy ordered today. I am looking forward to the build.
Blake
Old 04-19-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

i finished the buggy last night. overall i'm happy with it.

the few issues i ran into:

the cvd's were rough, one was really notchy/bound up, the other had a touch of it. i dremeled the really bad one and polished both. i did email atomik for replacements.
2 shock bodies were a a little sloppy inside, a little polishing in there and they are good. the shocks feel great.
the gear cover will not fit over a large pinion.

a few fit and finish issues but hey it's not a k-car or associated, i wasn't expecting perfection for such a low price, i wanted something different for this season. all said and done it's a solid well put together option for us.

i'm going to race it tonight in the 17.5 class to break it in and get a feel for it.

bench set up:

-1 degree camber all around
30 wt oil front
25 wt oil rear
4 hole pistons all around
ae 75t spur w/ae pads, 28t pinion
spektrum 6040 servo
tekin rs pro esc
tekin 17.5 redline
nano tech 65c 5300 2s
Attached Thumbnails -v2mr.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Quick question about using AE pads. Did you use the stock slipper plates and AE pads or switch everything to AE?

I'm converting mine to mid and giving it a shot since several racers are going mid motor at my track and my 4.2 is already R motor.

Is anyone trimming or noticing flashing inside the case, either the R motor or M motor case? Thinking I might shave it down. also noticing I still seem to have a high spot when the trans spins around, did anyone else?

Who has a mid motor setup?

Momo
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo View Post
Quick question about using AE pads. Did you use the stock slipper plates and AE pads or switch everything to AE?

I'm converting mine to mid and giving it a shot since several racers are going mid motor at my track and my 4.2 is already R motor.

Is anyone trimming or noticing flashing inside the case, either the R motor or M motor case? Thinking I might shave it down. also noticing I still seem to have a high spot when the trans spins around, did anyone else?

Who has a mid motor setup?

Momo
Check the idler gear pin it was to long in mine i had to grind alittle off and it let the case fit better..
Old 04-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hi all. I am thinking of picking one of these up, but I am curious as to the durability. How have they been holding up for you? Any problem areas?
Old 04-22-2013, 04:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeekSpeed View Post
Hi all. I am thinking of picking one of these up, but I am curious as to the durability. How have they been holding up for you? Any problem areas?
I have had mine for 2 weeks now and only thing i have broke is a front arm mount and that was when i ran into a slash in practice,raced it this weekend and it runs pretty good...
Old 04-22-2013, 05:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all!

I have a couple of questions about this model.

I am currently running a Tamiya TRF201 and I was considering a mid motor conversion given that our local championship is half on dirt and half on astroturf. I have noticed some similarities between this venom and my tamiya such as the front (complete) and rear, the only differences (in appearence) are the chasis, the T and rear tower. Are this parts the only differences? Could both be compatible for most of the parts?

The second question is about how it handles in high grip surfaces, i.e. astroturf. Has anyone try the venom in astro? How it works? (I suppose that the mid motor config is better for this surface-

Thanks so much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.