Wiki Posts
Search

TLR 22SCT

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t8rtot
again SCT is a novelty class. i won't deny its popularity, but its not a pure class like the main three, and trucks in general aren't really a mainstay world wide but because ST is like the Truggy of the 1/10 electric world, it has a fit.
That's just like, your opinion, man.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
That's just like, your opinion, man.
"The Dude" is in the house apparently
Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

The only people that can answer they 22T before the 22SCT is Losi themselves.

While we can wonder why they did what they did we all just act like fools in the end with the arguing. So while it has been civil in here lets keep it that way and we can ponder when and if it will come out.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I want to point out something. When you convert a kyosho RT5 to an SCR there are differant front arms that narrow the front to make it legal. You use the same rear arms as the RT5. With that said if you go look at the part listing for the 22t you will see extra wide front 12mm hex's. So I BET that the front arms with standard hex and a slash rear or losi wheel makes it legal SC width in front. All they need now are bumpers and a longer chassis and 22sc here you go!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think it's smart to do the 22t first. I bet a lot of the racers that run a 22 will be picking up a 22t and the class will take off once again.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dunno what this 'dead class' you're talking about is. For indoor season its our most popular class outside sct
Old 08-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Super Coupe
I think it's smart to do the 22t first. I bet a lot of the racers that run a 22 will be picking up a 22t and the class will take off once again.
EXACTLY
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by falloutpunk
I dunno what this 'dead class' you're talking about is. For indoor season its our most popular class outside sct
I'm referring to nationwide sales. I bet SCT dwarfs ST sales. That's why I was confused. A few tracks still running that class here and there, typically aren't motivation enough to bring back an old class.

Like I said, I enjoyed ST back in the day, when I could go to nearly any track and run it. Nowadays, SCT is king. Will it stay that way?... who knows. SCT has been around for 3 or 4 years now. I remember the scoffs and sighs when we started racing them... hell, I scoffed at the Slash Class the first time I saw them. But there was something I noticed, something I hadn't seen on the driver's stand in a long, long time. Laughter. SCT brought fender rubbing fun to a sport that was getting pretty serious. All race classes were open wheeled, and NOT noob friendly. At that point, 8th scale ruled our track, and most of the 10th scale classes were fighting to hold on to the few remaining racers that ran them.

It was pretty evident that RC racing is an ever changing sport. You either roll with the punches, or watch your coveted RC sit and catch dust until maybe, just maybe one of the manufactures releases a new version of its class. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Believe it or not, despite my confusion, I'm HAPPY to see the 22T. Not just because it means the distinct possibility of an SCT version, but because it means an expansion of RC racing in general. I love to race, and if some new kit gets some of the past racers to come back to the track... COOLNESS.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
I'm referring to nationwide sales. I bet SCT dwarfs ST sales. That's why I was confused. A few tracks still running that class here and there, typically aren't motivation enough to bring back an old class.

Like I said, I enjoyed ST back in the day, when I could go to nearly any track and run it. Nowadays, SCT is king. Will it stay that way?... who knows. SCT has been around for 3 or 4 years now. I remember the scoffs and sighs when we started racing them... hell, I scoffed at the Slash Class the first time I saw them. But there was something I noticed, something I hadn't seen on the driver's stand in a long, long time. Laughter. SCT brought fender rubbing fun to a sport that was getting pretty serious. All race classes were open wheeled, and NOT noob friendly. At that point, 8th scale ruled our track, and most of the 10th scale classes were fighting to hold on to the few remaining racers that ran them.

It was pretty evident that RC racing is an ever changing sport. You either roll with the punches, or watch your coveted RC sit and catch dust until maybe, just maybe one of the manufactures releases a new version of its class. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Believe it or not, despite my confusion, I'm HAPPY to see the 22T. Not just because it means the distinct possibility of an SCT version, but because it means an expansion of RC racing in general. I love to race, and if some new kit gets some of the past racers to come back to the track... COOLNESS.

WELL SAID !!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Does it matter

I'm not too sure if it matters what the order the vehicles come out in.
I'm just glad they're coming out with a new product line. I've been running an MF2 for years now. The CR, for me, didn't justify buying a new truck, now my MF2 is an SCT. I guess I've been recycling.

Look at the parts wall at your LHS, Losi is reinventing the company.
I would love to see the TLR 22-SCT and I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Maybe I'll finally pick up a new Losi, wouldn't that be nice.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Stadium Truck

I would love to buy a 22-sct. I don't really understand the move on the 22-T but I'm sure there is a strategy. I don't buy the we are making the cars for the true racing class argument. Does no one else remember the roots of this class? It started out as Big bears, lunch boxes and Tamiya Blackfoots in the "Truck" class. Then someone decided to mount lunch box tires and a truck body on an RC10. It gained popularity and soon Losi released a kit for the class. There is a reason they never looked like real stadium trucks....it evolved from the monster truck class.. Sorry, but to me 2wd buggy and 4wd buggy are the premier racing classes, and because of the scale appearance and huge popularity of SCTs it will do to offroad racing what touring cars did to on-road racing.

The only rational reason for keeping the SCT on the XXX platform is to burn up parts, but come on! it is now the hottest class going that deserves the best technology possible. Ride the wave man!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Since it's official that there's officially not an official TLR 22-SCT yet, is this the official unofficial TLR 22-SCT thread, or would it be the unofficial official TLR 22-SCT thread?
Old 08-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

It's officially the thread where a bunch of non-officials are waiting for the officials at Losi to officially release a TLR 22 SCT.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jut think about it guys....when do companies release their big product releases? The do it around conventions like RCX, Nurenburg, ect...AND in the fall/winter around the holiday shopping season. With the huge successes of the 22 B, they would be crazy not to push the technology into a SCT. SCT is where the $ is now and the current losi offering is not gaining market share where the 22 SCT would.

The 22 B was announced last fall/winter and I am guessing the 22 SCT will be announced this fall/winter 2011/2012.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dear Losi,

As a consumer I want a 22 SCT. I do not like the XXX-SCT and do not feel out of the box it's ready for the track. I'm dissapointed and will switch to the FT SC-10 if I can't get a 22 SCT that's race ready. If it could be made so we can interchange SC wheels with the Ten-SCTE without switching hubs and etc. that would be great.

Signed,

Jonny Consumer!

PS, these are just my opnions! Losi, you build and I'll buy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.