Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TLR 22SCT

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking at the specs on TLR, the 22T is 330 mm wide. On Losi's site, the XXX-SCT is 291 mm wide. So unless its all wheel and offset, something else will have to be done to make it the correct width.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Looking at the specs on TLR, the 22T is 330 mm wide. On Losi's site, the XXX-SCT is 291 mm wide. So unless its all wheel and offset, something else will have to be done to make it the correct width.
yes, but the buggy is only 249.10. Difference is in the arms.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, and the 22T wheels look quite a bit deeper than the xxx-t wheels....so I'm not convinced just throwing some deeply backspaced sct wheels on there will get it under 296mm.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Though it seems weird enough they went with a ST first, I'm certain an SCT version isn't far behind. TLR is a business, and businesses exist to make money. Why on Earth they went with the near dead class first is perplexing. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Though it seems weird enough they went with a ST first, I'm certain an SCT version isn't far behind. TLR is a business, and businesses exist to make money. Why on Earth they went with the near dead class first is perplexing. We'll just have to wait and see.
Best I can figure is the XXX-SCT is a solid platform, so they A. don't want to cannibalize sales of it, and B. didn't have a valid ST truck, so they filled the hole, and C. they are RC geeks like the rest of us and some of them really like ST.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It is simple why they came out with ST before SCT. How many XXX-Ts do you think have been selling. Little to none I am sure. But I know for a fact the XXX-SCT and tuning kit have been selling. Why kill sales. Also they will sale more ST now than if they waited to do ST after SCT.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

SCT is still a novelty class, however popular it may be. it's still tough to say, the way rules are, it could still kill itself off. besides losi is getting back to their racing roots, thats the 3 core classes.

2wd Buggy
2wd ST
4wd Buggy

the others above have made pretty good points as well
Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by t8rtot
SCT is still a novelty class, however popular it may be. it's still tough to say, the way rules are, it could still kill itself off. besides losi is getting back to their racing roots, thats the 3 core classes.

2wd Buggy
2wd ST
4wd Buggy

Novelty class? It's the single most popular class in RC and has revitalized the entire hobby.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Novelty class? It's the single most popular class in RC and has revitalized the entire hobby.
+1

SCT has tuned those other classes listed into the "novelty" classes. SCT is what's keeping the lights on at most RC tracks across the country
Old 08-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I don't think anybody denies short course being the biggest class. I just think people are getting burnt out by it and its time for change. Mainly from those who use to drive ST and had to switch to SC in order to run a class. Also I've noticed a lot of people selling short course to run 2wd buggy. short course just seems to be more of a beginner class now days... My thoughts..
Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TAMAK
I don't think anybody denies short course being the biggest class. I just think people are getting burnt out by it and its time for change. Mainly from those who use to drive ST and had to switch to SC in order to run a class. Also I've noticed a lot of people selling short course to run 2wd buggy. short course just seems to be more of a beginner class now days... My thoughts..
I think it's just a few old school guys nostalgic for ST that insist SC doesn't have what it takes. SC is in no danger of dying anytime soon, I assure you.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
+1

SCT has tuned those other classes listed into the "novelty" classes. SCT is what's keeping the lights on at most RC tracks across the country

Maybe TLR is keeping focus not only on the US, but the rest of the world. And outside the continental US, SCT is virtually non-excistant. There are quite a few running around as basher rigs, but the racing aspect is DOA so far.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by neobart
Maybe TLR is keeping focus not only on the US, but the rest of the world. And outside the continental US, SCT is virtually non-excistant. There are quite a few running around as basher rigs, but the racing aspect is DOA so far.
exactly..

everyone looks at the industry as to what is happening in the US.
these are international companies, regardless if they are US based (even if they are manufactured else where)

again SCT is a novelty class. i won't deny its popularity, but its not a pure class like the main three, and trucks in general aren't really a mainstay world wide but because ST is like the Truggy of the 1/10 electric world, it has a fit.

i'm just looking at the big picture.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I personally don’t have a problem at all if Team Losi wants to release a Stadium Truck kit or Short Course Truck; If they do not race the vehicle in your area do not buy it if you don’t want to. I believe that the cars are 70ish % identical, so it’s not a huge investment by Losi to create a ST or SCT once the base 22 platform has been developed. The SCT will come but like others have stated they have the XXX-SCT. I have been racing for 20 years now and of course I am sad that the traditional classes of 2wd buggy, truck and 4wd buggy are not as glamorous as they once were in the 90’s but I as a racer just want to race what is competitive and popular; I hate going to a race track having to bring a 2wd buggy, a truck, a 2wd SCT, 4wd SCT, 4wd Buggy and E-eight just to find a class to play in. And to clarify, no I am not rich, I do not own all those vehicles but between my father and brothers we can at least bring a variety to have something to race with.

Let’s get away from ST v. SCT and hope that Losi brings out one of EACH. I pull for Team Losi and their products and that’s what we should be hearing in this forum/thread.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by t8rtot

2wd Buggy
2wd ST
4wd Buggy

Whether its a novelty or not, you can't argue with the sales figures. Businesses are in it to make money, not satisfy a small portion of the overall community with a kit that's sales figures would make up such a small percentage of RC sales(ask your LHS how many RTRs sell VS race kits). It could revitalize ST but I doubt it will stick around, and for all the reasons it disappeared to begin with. So many people that are "Keeping the lights on" at tracks nationwide look at ST like Clown Shoes. I enjoyed racing my ST back in the day, but that class got murdered by the much more scale looking SCT class.

Look, before we turn this thread into ST vs SCT again, lets talk about how much we'd like to see an SCT version of the 22. So far, all the SCTs are pretty much a stretched ST, of which the basic design hasn't changed in decades. I for one would like to have the options the 22 carries; multiple motor positions, bigger better shocks, etc... Either way, if Losi drops the ball, one of the aftermarket chassis makers will release a conversion. The rest of the truck is already there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.