Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I want to race my Slash!! >

I want to race my Slash!!

I want to race my Slash!!

Old 08-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CR0SS View Post
Upgrade your driving. Spend your time at the track driving not surfing the web looking at parts and installing them. At your level your driving of the truck will be responsible for 95% of your finishing place.
I agree 100% completely. Don't waste your money on upgrades that won't do you any good at this point in the game. It's very easy to spend a lot of money and still finish last.

Before you spend all sorts of money upgrading the thing, check out what classes your local track has to offer. Stock/spec sct is a popular club level class. The top finisher at my track in spec sct drives a slash. This is, IMO, the best way for anyone to start out racing. Slower, durable cars that do not need very much money thrown at them to be competitive.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks guys for all of your help and ideas.... Yea I am just going to enter with my truck being stock.... then I guess I can figure out what needs to be improved and what not.

As far as tranny.... should I change anything there since I am going to a BL setup? Or just keep EVERYTHING stock?
Old 08-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

im racing 2 slashes one in mod with 8.5 power on that i have the strc lcg kit shocks from a losi xxxt they work great if your on a buget pick up some take off shocks from a losi rtr kit ive seen all 4shocks from losi sct and scb selling for 30$ then my stock class slash i run 17.5 and 13.5 in it all ive done with that are the proline shocks and the strc slipper kit it allows you to use the associated b4/t4 slipper and spur gears it takes alot of weight off the tranny also you can find an assoc slipper all ready to put on for like 13$ on ebay somtimes less
Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...sh-thread.html
Old 08-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Whats a good all around shock oil for a 2wd slash? Gonna do a little oval and a little sc. I have stock shocks but am changing to losi strike shocks for the adjustable collars. Not sure what oil to use.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by TIZAO View Post
Wow those proline shocks are quite pricey.... deff going to check out the bigbores..
You could also get the STRC bodies, Traxxas Titanium Shock Shafts, and Traxxas shock rebuilt kit. this will give you the durability of big bores with the adjustability of threaded bodies and you have color choises. The price is a little more than big bores but a lot cheeper than proline.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adonis_mp View Post
You could also get the STRC bodies, Traxxas Titanium Shock Shafts, and Traxxas shock rebuilt kit. this will give you the durability of big bores with the adjustability of threaded bodies and you have color choises. The price is a little more than big bores but a lot cheeper than proline.
Thanks for the advise..... I ended up getting an AWSOME deal on some powerstrokes... got em and I LOVE em.....
I picked up some RPM rear arms for a rustler not knowing they are a lot wider... IM thinking of running a widetrack slash for a while! LOL!..... But I do need a RUSTLER chassis.... LMK if anyone can help! That the last piece I need for now!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
I wouldn't spend any money on it. Buy the right tires for your track, and race it as is. Save the money you would of spent upgrading it to upgrade to a better truck, once you are ready to move up. You can get a used SC10 for pretty dang cheap, and it will drive circles around the slash with no upgrades.
Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
Just upgrade the electronics and get yourself a good set of tires and drive it as is. When you get your driving better and smoother you can upgrade to a more race oriented truck and you'll be good to go.

The Slash is bashed entirely too much on this forum. It might not be the best race truck, but it isn't bad. It's very stable and forgiving. Only thing that I really hated about the Slash is that sometimes it's just really hard to get the nose back down off a jump.
What they said.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Rookie

I installed one of these in my sons truck and he is second place in points. Seems to handle almost as good as my Kyosho and more durable.

chuckworksrc.com/Slice_A_version_5.php