fast guys hanging around with fast guys/ slower guys hanging with slower guys

Old 08-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

well put IMO, by Cross..
Old 08-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Fast guys are going to talk about things relevant to their ability. While they don't mind giving the basics to a newbie it's not what they want to talk about the entire day. So they tend to "chat" with those who are the same level. If guys want to hang and listen to gain knowledge nobody cares. It really is a racing thing not an R/C thing..IMO
Old 08-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Where do the glue sniffing & paint chip eating guys race at? That'd be some good racing.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Here is how i see it, im 17 years old and have been in the sport for 5 years. Im not trying to brag but yes... I do have quite a few good finishes and i have raced against Lutz and Drake. BUT i could not have done that without help from more experienced people. You can have all the talent in the world and if your equipment isnt up to par it really doesnt matter. Being 17 alot of people have told me i didnt know what i was talking about and ill be honest myself and nobody else in this sport is done learning i dont care what you last name is. Technology gets better, cars change, parts become stronger etc. I dont care if im working on my stuff at the track getting ready for a race and a newbe comes up to me asking for help...I will go out of my way to help them. To me just because your new doesnt mean anything, we all were at one time and for the sport to grow and get bigger we need to all get along and learn together. This is just my opinion.

Matt
Old 08-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Well said Matt, I love my local tracks..... Everyone there is very friendly and always willing to help everyone out..... Of course every track is going to have those that think they know it all, I say let them think that and don't even bother trying to argue with them..... This hobby is supposed to be fun and I always try to help others, even with my limited knowledge, and I expect the same in return..... If you don't want to help me thats fine, I'll find someone who will.......... In the end its all about having fun, racing your rc's and meeting alot of great people......
Old 08-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i think its got to do more with who you get along with

there is always the idiots whether there fast or slow will complain about someone marshaling even if they were driving like a complete idiot

so i think like anything some personalities clash i hang out with fast and slow guys were as im slow guy learning

its good at the local track quite a few people will go outta there way to help each other

im thankfull to those people will help you with the set of you're car or buggy just outta wanting to help people enjoy rc more
Old 08-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bardynt
i think its got to do more with who you get along with
I get along with people that don't BS. Not so much with people that BS. I myself feel I can deal with most any personality except the cool guy. Like the radio DJ in Almost Famous, I'm not cool. I'm ok with that.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

fast guys / slow guys??

I call it as it is, human nature. We converse and mingle with who we want to, it's that simple, I dont think it has to do with how fast you are, it's how well you vibe with the certain group you choose to associate with.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I feel bad because ever since I've gotten fast, I've had to leave my slow friends behind and move my pits next to the other fast guys. Maybe one day I can hang out with my slow friends again, but only if they get fast
I feel your pain..I had to make my son go pit with the other slow guys..but I did tell him that if he gets lap times down he can come pit with the rest of us "fast guys"..
Thanks for the laugh..