Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

For those who want ryan'setup in pdf, you can find it used this page

Originally Posted by hacker07
For all those interested, here is my current setup. I ran the setup I was given for two full days, then started making changes to make the truck faster. I got the lap times to my buggy lap times and thus I am ok posting this.

Front:
30 kick, 0 caster block, 2mm shim on top so spindles up
toe - 0
camber - -1
ride height - 31mm
56/27.5/green/emulsion
4mm internal limiting
shock location - 2/outside
bump steer - 0mm
camber link - inside hole, 4mm
Aluminum camber block
Aluminum servo mounts

Rear:
toe - 3 LRC
anti-squat - 2
camber - -1
ride height - 29mm
rear hub - center
55/30/white/emulsion
no internal limiting
shock location - 2/outside
camber link - 1-D with 2mm outside, 1.5mm inside
Aluminum camber block
Tranny raised 1mm

Big battery (orion 5400). no weight added anywhere. J-Concepts Gold bar codes all around with PL molded foam in rear and losi firm foam in front.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

ryan

the white rear springs in your setup is that a rear truck white or buggy rear white?

thanks
Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB5SP
I pre-ordered mine from amain back in august they were supposed to be in this thursday Jan 12 now amain is saying it keeps getting pushed back so now there are saying jan 18. What I dont understand is people are getting them this week and Amain is not, I wonder why?.
same thing happened with the 22 buggy. they say they order more then every one so it takes longer. i just ended up going else where. Btw la parts house has 3 in stock currently
Old 01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Only two now hahaha
Old 01-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

'Tranny raised 1mm'

What does this do for handling and how is it accomplished?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Z
'Tranny raised 1mm'

What does this do for handling and how is it accomplished?
It is something the team has been playing with some. We found raising the tranny helps the car accelerate straighter out of the corner. If you feel the car is a little loose on exit try this and see how you like it.

You need two 1mm (one for each side) shock spacers (they are smaller od) for the rear pivot block and then you shave the nipples off the tranny case where it attaches to the camber plate and glue (dab of CA) two 1mm std spacers (again one for each side) and this will raise the tranny 1mm. Really helps the car stay stable on power. Just another tuning aid. Kind of like a lot of the team was playing with raising the pivot block on the XXXCR.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerx1920
ryan

the white rear springs in your setup is that a rear truck white or buggy rear white?

thanks
Im sorry, I should have mentioned, I am using the buggy rear white springs.

Originally Posted by Casper
It is something the team has been playing with some. We found raising the tranny helps the car accelerate straighter out of the corner. If you feel the car is a little loose on exit try this and see how you like it.

You need two 1mm (one for each side) shock spacers (they are smaller od) for the rear pivot block and then you shave the nipples off the tranny case where it attaches to the camber plate and glue (dab of CA) two 1mm std spacers (again one for each side) and this will raise the tranny 1mm. Really helps the car stay stable on power. Just another tuning aid. Kind of like a lot of the team was playing with raising the pivot block on the XXXCR.
Look for the TLR blog on this modification for more info coming shortly.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got my truck today

West Coast R/C got 30 of them in today
Old 01-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

this change made the buggy way better...i was told it is not a truck mod though..
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks. I will try it this week.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
this change made the buggy way better...i was told it is not a truck mod though..
i was running a raised tranny on my T-cr and it was great. i loved how it reacted.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Matt M.
Like anything it is a tuning aid. Most people that have tried it like it. Some have not however. Even though you mod the tranny case going back to stock configuration just means taking the shims back out.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Like anything it is a tuning aid. Most people that have tried it like it. Some have not however. Even though you mod the tranny case going back to stock configuration just means taking the shims back out.
How would you do this mod on the mid motored setup? Basically the same way?

Will be running in the UK on high grip astro and carpet
Old 01-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Paul1786511
How would you do this mod on the mid motored setup? Basically the same way?

Will be running in the UK on high grip astro and carpet
Not sure if they have tried this with the mid motor car. Unless someone has done it for mid motor I would say this is a rear motor thing for now. I have not even built a mid motor car yet so not sure what all it would involve. Sorry.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The wait is over............picked up the first one that came in the door at OCRC!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.