Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by donny939
I'm not sure if I should ask this here but I couldn't find an MIP thread. I have a 22t that I switched over to the Mip pucks system. I'm rebuilding the diff and I bought the Tlr232001 diff service kit. The Tlr diff rings are bigger than the Mip rings. So they won't fit on the outdrive. So I will just use the old rings I guess. My question is has anyone else used the Tlr diff build kit with the Mip shiney pucks system. I'm just wondering cause of the rings and also the screw is a tiny big bigger on the end where the hex goes in but I think it would work. I just wanna make sure it works incase I need to buy anything else, I gotta buy new bearings anyway so while I'm at the shop I could pick something else up
You need to buy an MIP diff rebuild kit. Not very many of the Losi diff parts are identical to the MIP ones. Main gear, main balls, and thrust balls are probably all I would use in both.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Yea that's what I thought because the thrust screw washer on the Mip has a plastic washer with a groove in it... Id like to know why though because you would think a metal washer would be better than the plastic. The Mip outdrive must not be flush and have a groove for the plastic washer
Old 02-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Tech Adept

Over the past few months I have acquired a 22T 1.0. I have installed the exotek bellcrank steering system, flite spur and spur eliminator to run this in a 17.5 stock class. I have also picked up a 22 2.0 buggy.

I am interested in learning which components are interchangeable between the 22T 1.0 and 2.0 as well as the buggy and stadium truck...
Old 02-23-2016, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It’s most likely been asked posted in here somewhere so sorry if so however is there a parts list to upgrade the 1.0 to the 2.0?

Thinking of getting an Exotek chassis and just upgrading the parts needed to the 2.0 if it is cost effective.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KalEl63
It’s most likely been asked posted in here somewhere so sorry if so however is there a parts list to upgrade the 1.0 to the 2.0?

Thinking of getting an Exotek chassis and just upgrading the parts needed to the 2.0 if it is cost effective.
Try here Dave.http://www.rctech.net/forum/13799297-post37.html
Old 05-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got a 22T (1.0), and I'm setting it up for a dirt track. I have it mostly dialed, but....

Is there a way to get more steering throw? I set my EPA to 120%, which helped. But it is still less throw than I am used to.

The car (used) came with the stock plastic servo horn; is there a longer horn that will give more throw, without binding or rubbing on anything?

Also, does the aluminum steering rack give more throw, or does it just give smoother steering response?
Old 05-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredygump
I just got a 22T (1.0), and I'm setting it up for a dirt track. I have it mostly dialed, but....

Is there a way to get more steering throw? I set my EPA to 120%, which helped. But it is still less throw than I am used to.

The car (used) came with the stock plastic servo horn; is there a longer horn that will give more throw, without binding or rubbing on anything?

Also, does the aluminum steering rack give more throw, or does it just give smoother steering response?
The aluminum rack should just make the steering more responsive and consistent.

As for increasing throw, are you saying that currently the wheels don't turn as far as they can? When you have the servo disconnected from the steering, do you see the wheels turn more?
Old 05-17-2021, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

just came across a Gen 1 tlr 22 thinking about converting it to a stadium truck but i see the chassis has 2 differen't part numbers could i still use the the 22 buggy chassis?