TLR 22T Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack302 View Post
Are there any low profile servo's that will hold up in the 22T and perform good?
I am running a Solar D770 from hobbypartz. Got it on a whim, but its held up for 3 months so far. For the price it cant be beat, its just as fast and responsive as the Savox SC-1257TG that I have in my trf-201 buggy.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laker67 View Post
I know this isn't on topic with what everyone is talking about, but adding the 2.0 caster blocks and rear hubs along with all of the shock upgrades (x-rings, machined parts, and new shafts) has really brought this truck to life. I feel like its stuck to the track and more predictable. Just my .02 cents.
I basically built my car from a new kit, with all of the latest up-grades we can throw on it, and it is indeed a very good truck. It's a shame that they aren't going to continue with truck class. Hell at this point will TLR Racing even be around long enough to put out the 22-4?
Old 12-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I know this isn't on topic with what everyone is talking about, but adding the 2.0 caster blocks and rear hubs along with all of the shock upgrades (x-rings, machined parts, and new shafts) has really brought this truck to life. I feel like its stuck to the track and more predictable. Just my .02 cents.
You running 2.0 spindles and caster blocks? Those really don't work with the truck and keep it legal.

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
I basically built my car from a new kit, with all of the latest up-grades we can throw on it, and it is indeed a very good truck. It's a shame that they aren't going to continue with truck class. Hell at this point will TLR Racing even be around long enough to put out the 22-4?
I just signed a 2 year extension and if you looked around in the news Dustin signed 3 years Dakotah signed 2 years and there are others like Casey Peck ect. TLR is not going anywhere. I hear the aquisition is a very good thing for the company as a hole to grow more and TLR is not going anywhere and the 22-4 is getting better and better in testing and should be able to hit the track running when they get the kits over here. It is coming soon. Only about a month away.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Casper;12826693]You running 2.0 spindles and caster blocks? Those really don't work with the truck and keep it legal.

I'm not running the spindles, they wouldn't work with the truck axle. I guess i'm not sure what you mean by keep it legal? Does it changes the stance of the truck that much?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You running 2.0 spindles and caster blocks? Those really don't work with the truck and keep it legal.

I just signed a 2 year extension and if you looked around in the news Dustin signed 3 years Dakotah signed 2 years and there are others like Casey Peck ect. TLR is not going anywhere. I hear the aquisition is a very good thing for the company as a hole to grow more and TLR is not going anywhere and the 22-4 is getting better and better in testing and should be able to hit the track running when they get the kits over here. It is coming soon. Only about a month away.
I will be the first to say I want TLR alive and well. But track chatter, and the fact that both the 22SCT, and 22T were dropped. Well you can see how that looks, on a regular day there are more trucks and SC's then 4-wheel drives. If TLR becomes a totally race focused division of the investors I will be ok with the support drop of the 2 vehicles mentioned. I will be good for Losi to get back to pure race cars, and drop all the RTR, basher slammer junk.

As far as caster blocks, I am running 30 degree blocks, but not the spindles. Seems fine in my truck, and compared to the stock truck I have in my possession I am building up with the same hop-ups he bought, they look exactly the same, I have however not measured them yet. I still have the 1.0 pieces if I ever decide to run a sanctioned race, but I doubt that will ever happen. This is a hobby for me, not a career.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Laker67;12827226]

I'm not running the spindles, they wouldn't work with the truck axle. I guess i'm not sure what you mean by keep it legal? Does it changes the stance of the truck that much?
I cant tell a difference between my truck, and my brothers that is still basically all 1.0 stuff.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Prophet

[QUOTE=Laker67;12827226]

The 2.0 caster blocks do move the kingpin so it would make the front end of the truck wider.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Casper;12827322]

The 2.0 caster blocks do move the kingpin so it would make the front end of the truck wider.
Thats probably why the truck feels better haha. We don't really run the roar rules real hardcore for our point series, big races it might be an issue, but I have other cars to run if it does.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
I will be the first to say I want TLR alive and well. But track chatter, and the fact that both the 22SCT, and 22T were dropped. Well you can see how that looks, on a regular day there are more trucks and SC's then 4-wheel drives. If TLR becomes a totally race focused division of the investors I will be ok with the support drop of the 2 vehicles mentioned. I will be good for Losi to get back to pure race cars, and drop all the RTR, basher slammer junk.

As far as caster blocks, I am running 30 degree blocks, but not the spindles. Seems fine in my truck, and compared to the stock truck I have in my possession I am building up with the same hop-ups he bought, they look exactly the same, I have however not measured them yet. I still have the 1.0 pieces if I ever decide to run a sanctioned race, but I doubt that will ever happen. This is a hobby for me, not a career.
30 deg would be a pivot not caster blocks?
The stock truck is super close to max width. It does not take much to make the truck too wide.

TLR is not going anywhere. The 22-4 is coming they just released the 22 2.0. Yeah the 22T does not have plans right now for another version. I don't see the SCT going anywhere. The SCTE 2.0 is still a very strong car and still selling well. They recently released the 8ight 3.0 and 8ight-E 3.0. If you look at all the new products they have released in the past year TLR is gong full speed ahead guys.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

30 deg would be a pivot not caster blocks?
The stock truck is super close to max width. It does not take much to make the truck too wide.

TLR is not going anywhere. The 22-4 is coming they just released the 22 2.0. Yeah the 22T does not have plans right now for another version. I don't see the SCT going anywhere. The SCTE 2.0 is still a very strong car and still selling well. They recently released the 8ight 3.0 and 8ight-E 3.0. If you look at all the new products they have released in the past year TLR is gong full speed ahead guys.
Hey Casper, good to hear that you are signed for 2 more years. TLR's offerings look solid no doubt. I just hope the stadium program is still on the drawing board and not forgotten. It just seems like every big race there is equal too, if not more stadiums than sct.. Recently Spektrum, Nats, and JC finals.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by TAMAK View Post
Hey Casper, good to hear that you are signed for 2 more years. TLR's offerings look solid no doubt. I just hope the stadium program is still on the drawing board and not forgotten. It just seems like every big race there is equal too, if not more stadiums than sct.. Recently Spektrum, Nats, and JC finals.
I hear you but know ST is very regional. I don't think TLR has given up totally on the idea but I think the market for the truck will need to improve. I don't know the master plan so I really don't know.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hear you but know ST is very regional. I don't think TLR has given up totally on the idea but I think the market for the truck will need to improve. I don't know the master plan so I really don't know.
I still have faith/gut feeling that there will be a new losi truck in the future. Everywhere you look there seems to be a very strong presence of a ST community that will always fight for the class. In many places I'm also hearing people say things like "stadium truck is about to explode again." Here locally people are bringing them back. At our TISOC race here in Nashville there is expected to be a lot of them. Already more people signed up than there is in short course.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by elikeatts View Post
I still have faith/gut feeling that there will be a new losi truck in the future. Everywhere you look there seems to be a very strong presence of a ST community that will always fight for the class. In many places I'm also hearing people say things like "stadium truck is about to explode again." Here locally people are bringing them back. At our TISOC race here in Nashville there is expected to be a lot of them. Already more people signed up than there is in short course.
Trust me I hope it does.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trust me I hope it does.
+1 I love Stadium Truck.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

At the Jconcept race in Omaha they had 71 trucks total. There was more trucks in mod then mod 4x4 buggy. Just saying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.