Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
here is my setup!
I see you have 2-C rear link.
I would try 1-B.
also, get a ride height gauge and a camber gauge if you don't have them already. they are money really well spent!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

here is my setup!
I'm confused - that setup sheet is for a 22 buggy...????
Old 10-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfrahm
I'm confused - that setup sheet is for a 22 buggy...????
it was under 22t on the petit rc site. Similar components anyway
Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Bag F - Option Parts. Which Setup?

I've just tried the 22T on box stock settings with barcodes, in rear-mount and and my plan was to slowly put in the Bag F Option Parts

The track is outdoor, medium sized, high grip, smooth surface, flowing track. average sized jumps.

At first it was understeering into turns, so I then changed out the front springs to the included set in Bag F and this helped quite a bit.

Now I'm wondering what all the other parts are for - is it so that you can achieve a particular/specific setup that is already out there that is known to be a good base to start from, or just a bunch of parts for options in general?

BTW, any recommended setups for that type of track?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak
I've just tried the 22T on box stock settings with barcodes, in rear-mount and and my plan was to slowly put in the Bag F Option Parts

The track is outdoor, medium sized, high grip, smooth surface, flowing track. average sized jumps.

At first it was understeering into turns, so I then changed out the front springs to the included set in Bag F and this helped quite a bit.

Now I'm wondering what all the other parts are for - is it so that you can achieve a particular/specific setup that is already out there that is known to be a good base to start from, or just a bunch of parts for options in general?

BTW, any recommended setups for that type of track?

Thanks in advance.
Most of it is just tuning parts so you have parts to adjust the cars antisquat ball stud heights ect.

I have a good setup people seem to like on my web site. www.casper-rc.com
Look under Information pages and TLR setups.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Most of it is just tuning parts so you have parts to adjust the cars antisquat ball stud heights ect.

I have a good setup people seem to like on my web site. www.casper-rc.com
Look under Information pages and TLR setups.
Thanks Casper! I will get some parts and try it out.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

finally have the 22T close to dialed, changed to Caspers set up with a bit more toe-in front and rear, 0 deg caster with the stock 30deg kick and swapped out the open foam rear inserts for AKA red. Truck was fast while practicing tonight, ran almost a full second faster than I could manage in my buggy.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

finally have the 22T close to dialed, changed to Caspers set up with a bit more toe-in front and rear, 0 deg caster with the stock 30deg kick and swapped out the open foam rear inserts for AKA red. Truck was fast while practicing tonight, ran almost a full second faster than I could manage in my buggy.
awesome, glad your getting it dialed in.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

What's a good starting point for 13.5 blinky on a large indoor track?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I just wanted to say how shocked and sad I was to hear that the 22t is going away. That didn't take long. Like one year of production and they discontinue them. Just confirms the strengle-hold short course has on the sport. Its bad for those of us who love stadium trucks and were ready for the class to be reignited. I also expected that with the new kyosho rt6 coming out that TLR would keep the 22t going as I'd expect that a lot of the guys running rb6s (which is a lot at my local track) would jump all over the rt6 and there would be a big surge in ST competition. I still for the life of me can't understand why SC is the preferred form of racing now. And its mind-blowing to see all the hallmark classes of the sport suffer such a fate at the hands of something like short course. I don't get it.- RANT

Can someone from TLR please tell me if the truck is gone indefinitely or will there be a new model in the future? Sorry if this has already been answered, but I haven't found it if it is.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by allidoisrant
I just wanted to say how shocked and sad I was to hear that the 22t is going away. That didn't take long. Like one year of production and they discontinue them. Just confirms the strengle-hold short course has on the sport. Its bad for those of us who love stadium trucks and were ready for the class to be reignited. I also expected that with the new kyosho rt6 coming out that TLR would keep the 22t going as I'd expect that a lot of the guys running rb6s (which is a lot at my local track) would jump all over the rt6 and there would be a big surge in ST competition. I still for the life of me can't understand why SC is the preferred form of racing now. And its mind-blowing to see all the hallmark classes of the sport suffer such a fate at the hands of something like short course. I don't get it.- RANT

Can someone from TLR please tell me if the truck is gone indefinitely or will there be a new model in the future? Sorry if this has already been answered, but I haven't found it if it is.
I'm not a fan of short course either, my son has one and I do not enjoy driving it one bit. Stock buggy is a much more fun class to watch and race and stock truck is awesome when there is enough people to run it
Old 10-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm not a fan of short course either, my son has one and I do not enjoy driving it one bit. Stock buggy is a much more fun class to watch and race and stock truck is awesome when there is enough people to run it
We had 8 13.5 expert trucks last night,class is still strong at my local track.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Rookie

It just doesn't make any sense to me. It just seems like too quick and mindless of a decision to just drop the truck suddenly after just one year. That's barely giving it a chance at all. About half of the people in short course need to be forced to move up to a more "driver's" class because there are lots of experts racing it that need to move up a little. I feel short course's niche in the whole sport is providing beginners with something to get started with. But after they've graduated to a higher level of competition, they need to move up. Just my opinion. And ST needs to stay around and TLR had better get in there and start working on the 22t 2.0 or I'm liable to abandon the brand after nearly a lifetime of loyalty to Losi. This decision makes me THAT mad.- rant
Old 10-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by allidoisrant
A few pages back they say there are no immediate plans for a 2.0, but they plan on supporting the 22T for quite awhile.

I just bought a new 22T at the stellar price they are going for now and really looking forward to racing it.

I'm sure that TLR will probably see how the Kysoho RT6 is going to do before they announce any 2.0 for the 22T (just my thought)....

Dean
Old 10-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DeanV
A few pages back they say there are no immediate plans for a 2.0, but they plan on supporting the 22T for quite awhile.

I just bought a new 22T at the stellar price they are going for now and really looking forward to racing it.

I'm sure that TLR will probably see how the Kysoho RT6 is going to do before they announce any 2.0 for the 22T (just my thought)....

Dean
That is a very good possibility and I hope your right. I just wish I could hear a TLR guy say those exact same words to confirm it and I will feel better. Then I would go tell every kyosho driver at my track to buy the rt6, lol. I still kind of feel like thats letting the kyosho guys down to come out with a brand new ground up ST and regain interest in the class only to discontinue it right when kyosho decides to go the ST route to make a competitor for the 22t and leave them hanging like that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.