TLR 22T Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
wittyname- put caspers set up on your car, its working really well for my on med-high bite outdoors.

as for the 1.0 vs. 2.0, i can honestly say that TLR is not like Team Associated in version 2 or 2.0 or _ _.2 terms.
IMO, TLR Listens and does not go half-but on a 2.0 to try to sell more kits. they listen to both the consumers and team drivers and (in my opinion), they don't sell short when the release a 2.0 of a kit.

and they don't release a new or updated version of a kit every 6 months. thank god, if they did, i wouldn't race their cars.

the 2.0's i have seen from them (and the 8ight 3.0) are truly a step up from the previous car.

they don't simply throw on a handful of option parts and call it good, they improve and and fine tune the car to a new level.

look at the 22 2.0, and compare it to the 1.0; everything they changed has been done for a reason.
It's good to hear that TLR is listening and improving the platform. In fairness to AE, I think they have a winning platform and really haven't needed to change much to keep it competitive, hence the incremental updates. My issue with the platform is from a fit and finish perspective. I see areas where my original FT T4 and even my T4.1 were tighter and more consistent. Understand this is from my perspective, I am sure others would argue this point. The fit and finish of parts and ability to upgrade to a 2.0 (if they release one) are what have me interested in a discounted 22T right now.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

lol, saying AE did nothing to their car is silly, like TLR they added the parts people wanted and were using. And in the .1 version they extended the chassis. If you dont like the slop in the car, fine. If you hate AE fine, but saying they dont listen to customers is just being blind. I am stoked about the new 2.0 buggy also, but no reason to just be silly and make stuff up. Anyway, back to the tread on the truck.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumRC View Post
It's good to hear that TLR is listening and improving the platform. In fairness to AE, I think they have a winning platform and really haven't needed to change much to keep it competitive, hence the incremental updates. My issue with the platform is from a fit and finish perspective. I see areas where my original FT T4 and even my T4.1 were tighter and more consistent. Understand this is from my perspective, I am sure others would argue this point. The fit and finish of parts and ability to upgrade to a 2.0 (if they release one) are what have me interested in a discounted 22T right now.
+1 the fit and finish of the 22 series is really good, aside from the few things in the shocks that TLR addressed. The platform is very durable as well. I am crossing my fingers on the consistency of the car being what they say. Looking forward to getting one.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Regular

I have some questions for the 22T faithful. To make a long story short, I recently retired my T4.1 and went searching for a new ride. I bought a 22T and started a brief build, then sold it and replaced it with a B4.2. After nearly finishing the B4.2 I am on the fence again. In my opinion the quality of the B4.2 is nowhere near what my 22T was, even though I had it briefly. I am thinking about buying another 22T (stadium truck is my first love anyway, the buggy was an experiment). I know the 2.0 may be out soon, but what do you guys think of the 1.0? Is the truck really that hard to dial in? I hear horror stories about binding racks (don't buy it), weak diffs (already know about the carbide diff balls and AE diff nut), and leaky shocks. I would like to hear from some happy 22T users. Oh, and are the shocks that bad, or is that exaggerated too?? Thanks.
thanks for this in put im lookin for a lot of info and you put somethings out there for consideration....
Old 08-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I love my 22t, it's durable, plastic parts are relatively cheap, lots of setup's to try (Casper's), it is really good out of the box. I believe TLR tries to improve their product, the truck and buggy had 4 hole pistons out of the box, now the 2.0 buggy has the machined 2 holes in the box. They are always on the forums helping people.....I'm totally impressed with TLR!!
Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A-Main now has the 22T for $149.99!! I'm thinking pretty seriously about getting one at that price, but if the 22T 2.0 is going to be so much better is it worth it? I can sure buy a lot of upgrades with the extra ~$150 I would save, but is it enough?

How much do you guys feel you needed to spend to have this truck race ready?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Banshee8530 View Post
A-Main now has the 22T for $149.99!! I'm thinking pretty seriously about getting one at that price, but if the 22T 2.0 is going to be so much better is it worth it? I can sure buy a lot of upgrades with the extra ~$150 I would save, but is it enough?

Wow, 149.99 is low for that kit……makes me think that a 22T 2.0 may be very close, I might hold off and wait a while now to see if a 2.0 is released.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yup, same price for the buggy, too. 22 2.0 and 22T 2.0 might be released simultaneously...
Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Banshee8530 View Post

nothing, the truck was great out of the box.
that's a great deal. all you need is tires.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I would strongly recommend that if you want a TLR stadium truck, you pick up the existing 22T at the steal of a price we have going on.

There are currently no plans and nothing we are working on at TLR in regards to a 2.0 stadium truck.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I would strongly recommend that if you want a TLR stadium truck, you pick up the existing 22T at the steal of a price we have going on.

There are currently no plans and nothing we are working on at TLR in regards to a 2.0 stadium truck.
Thanks for the info regarding the 22T. Does the price drop mean the truck is going to be discontinued soon? I would hate to see that. Will Horizon still offer parts support for the 22T in the future??
Old 08-28-2013, 03:13 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thanks for the info regarding the 22T. Does the price drop mean the truck is going to be discontinued soon? I would hate to see that. Will Horizon still offer parts support for the 22T in the future??
Like Ryan said, there are no plans for a 22T 2.0, and at that price you can jump to a conclusion about the future of the 22T.

We will always continue to support parts for a vehicle for at least 24 months after it is out of stock, but in the case of the 22T, probably much longer.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Suspended

at the price you're getting, buy 2
considering how bulletproof the 22 series is, it should last you a lifetime of spares.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Like Ryan said, there are no plans for a 22T 2.0, and at that price you can jump to a conclusion about the future of the 22T.

We will always continue to support parts for a vehicle for at least 24 months after it is out of stock, but in the case of the 22T, probably much longer.
why the "party over talk",lol were just getting warmed up....I was previously so nervous the panic button almost seemed the equitable thing to do , now i'm going to really enjoy the truck to crush life out of the doubt surrounding the future of one of the best trucks ever made ....thanks guys....
Old 08-28-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post

Thank you for the quick reply, and for being honest about where things are headed and where they stand now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.