TLR 22T Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
the Asc7677 is the kit you want for the diff nut. use the tnut. screw, thrust rings, spring, (make sure you use a pliers and compress it a few times as the manual says) and I think you may want to ash-can the supplied thrust balls.

I built my kit in Feb. this year, and one of the supplied thrust balls has since imploded, and the assoc. thrust rings so far are great! so I think you may want to use the balls included in 7677. basically all the parts in that set, except the main rings, give those to an AE driver.

I suggest investing in the Tungsten Carbide diff balls from TLR, they are terrific; they are included in the 22SCT kit, but not the 22 buggy or stadium truck kits unfortunately.
Casper sells a Ceramic ball thrust bearring, which is caged, and sounds like it will is a really good upgrade!
Thank you very much, this is exactly the information I was looking for. I have built many Associated diffs over the years but wasn't sure what I was in for with the Losi - now I feel prepared. Thanks again for the quick response.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ok so I raced my first full day w my 22t finished first in the a main w caspers set up thanks man love this thing
Old 06-20-2013, 12:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sanny632 View Post
Ok so I raced my first full day w my 22t finished first in the a main w caspers set up thanks man love this thing
Nice. Glad you like the truck. ST is one of the funnest classes IMO. I have always loved racing these things!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Casper, I put your set up on my 22T for the last weekend of racing. I was really impressed, my truck was on rails all day!. won my class, only 3 guys brought ST's, which is out minimum to have a class.
the only thing was I broke a rear camber block; took a bad tumble missing a triple section ( i was trying take it as a quad) I think the issue was (other then my driver error) that with 3.5mm under that inner ball stud, you only have 4.5mm of thread in the camber block because its an 8mm long threads. I am going to order the front inner ball stud set, which are 10mm thread. if I break another one, then I will go to the aluminum block.

I am still wondering why i didn't pop a ball cup, luckily i had a few blocks in my parts organizer!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom View Post
Casper, I put your set up on my 22T for the last weekend of racing. I was really impressed, my truck was on rails all day!. won my class, only 3 guys brought ST's, which is out minimum to have a class.
the only thing was I broke a rear camber block; took a bad tumble missing a triple section ( i was trying take it as a quad) I think the issue was (other then my driver error) that with 3.5mm under that inner ball stud, you only have 4.5mm of thread in the camber block because its an 8mm long threads. I am going to order the front inner ball stud set, which are 10mm thread. if I break another one, then I will go to the aluminum block.

I am still wondering why i didn't pop a ball cup, luckily i had a few blocks in my parts organizer!
I run the 10mm studs in an alum block so I have not had that issue yet. Glad you like the setup.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys this may have been already answered but I am an associated guy switching to Losi and I have a question about the rear end, the rear arms seem to be kicked forward, from the chassis to the hub they move forward about half an inch, I don't know much about setting up the Losi so any help would be appreciated to get the arms facing straight out, or is the kick forward normal? Thanks
Old 06-22-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohrcrracer View Post
Hey guys this may have been already answered but I am an associated guy switching to Losi and I have a question about the rear end, the rear arms seem to be kicked forward, from the chassis to the hub they move forward about half an inch, I don't know much about setting up the Losi so any help would be appreciated to get the arms facing straight out, or is the kick forward normal? Thanks
I am no expert at this truck or anything Rc related... I think you are referring to the rear toe. It can be changed by changing the rear toe blocks the small aluminum block the arms mount to, but I am pretty sure you want at least three degrees.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation 3*

I am no expert at this truck or anything Rc related... I think you are referring to the rear toe. It can be changed by changing the rear toe blocks the small aluminum block the arms mount to, but I am pretty sure you want at least three degrees.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Looking at it closer it looks like the previous owner mounted the left arm on the right an the right on the left, I turned them around and looks like a normal 22t now, lol. Do any of you guys have any suggestions for getting more rear grip? Just did the tansmition mod that raises it 1mm, I'll try it today and let you know how it does.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:03 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

That is not normal. I think there may have been a part left out somewhere.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok I got that problem figured out now i am trying to get the truck setup, what is everyone running for shock oil and springs? And can anyone suggest a good tire for high grip tracks? Thanks
Old 06-22-2013, 06:20 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ok I got that problem figured out now i am trying to get the truck setup, what is everyone running for shock oil and springs? And can anyone suggest a good tire for high grip tracks? Thanks
I run the shock setup from Trever Adamo's setup on TLRacing.com.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...or%20Clay).pdf

As for tires, it really depends on the dirt. Is it high bite indoor clay? Blue Groove outdoor dirt? Maybe if you can post a link to a video of the track in those conditions, I can get you some more details on tires.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
I run the shock setup from Trever Adamo's setup on TLRacing.com.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...or%20Clay).pdf

As for tires, it really depends on the dirt. Is it high bite indoor clay? Blue Groove outdoor dirt? Maybe if you can post a link to a video of the track in those conditions, I can get you some more details on tires.
thats the track i run at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw2GSFt8KPE
Old 06-23-2013, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb Here is link to caspers setup

http://www.casper-rc.com/

I recomend Caspers setup also.....
Old 06-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
http://www.casper-rc.com/

I recomend Caspers setup also.....
I may try that at the track today but I think a lot of it is tires, when its dry hole shots in an m3 compound work great I can slide around the corners and that seems to be faster, and when it's wet I am all over the place, I am racing at 1 if anyone has any suggestions o tires before then it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.