TLR 22T Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
I use caspers steup.. works great.
I can never use a Suburb in the REAR! It never worked for me... it's just my experience.

What works for me is TIRES.... go with a Super Soft Holeshot or DD. use the Suburbs in the front. Maybe even try a harder compound front tire.
I cant use a holeshot or double D. My track is indoor and its all clay. The actual tire of choice is a slick but they seem to not work so well on my 22T. The suburbes feel good everywhere else on the track except for coming out of the turn, Im not really looking for a tire change, but mainly a setup change and Im not sure how to get some better traction coming outta the turns.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carbons2k View Post
Can anyone help me try to get some more forward bite out of my truck? The car is a little squirlly in the back when im coming out of a turn, especially the turn before the straight. I have 27.5 oil all around, stock springs, 3degree pivot block in the rear, 2.5mm anti-squat and im using worn in M4 suburbs. would going to 3.5 degree pivot block help out at all? Thanks!
have you raised the tranny yet? also avid slipper helps
Old 05-16-2013, 07:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs down Dont listen then

I cant use a holeshot or double D. My track is indoor and its all clay. The actual tire of choice is a slick but they seem to not work so well on my 22T. The suburbes feel good everywhere else on the track except for coming out of the turn, Im not really looking for a tire change, but mainly a setup change and Im not sure how to get some better traction coming outta the turns.
Those tires suck in the rear... don't listen then.. use casper set up.. and be done with it! Holeshots work great everywhere ! don't be hard headed....
Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What is the rest of your setup? Shock locations, springs, camber link positions with ball stud washers.

If everyone else is on slicks I don't think M4 would be the ticket for rubber. Tires are very important for any good setup. And yes 3.3 deg of rear toe in might help but may not be the right answer as well. Too much toe can lock in a car mid corner and make it push.

Like dvsstrike had mentioned have you raised he tranny yet? This helps with on power stability.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Haven't raised the tranny yet. How much is the raise... 1mm? As for hole shots, I can't see how they would work on my track. My track is kept very wet with little to no dust cover.
Casper - can I send me your set up sheet?

I'm using this setup but with a 10.5
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se...2012032325.pdf
Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Haven't raised the tranny yet. How much is the raise... 1mm? As for hole shots, I can't see how they would work on my track. My track is kept very wet with little to no dust cover.
Casper - can I send me your set up sheet?

I'm using this setup but with a 10.5
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se...2012032325.pdf
All my setups can be found at www.casper-rc.com Details on raised tranny are linked on the setup sheet, and you can use AE big bore pistons for the 2 hole pistons if you don't want to make your own.

I am quite suprised to see how light of oil Michael is using on that setup. Front and rear pink springs is quite odd as well.

Sounds like slicks or maybe a small pin tire like a Panther switch 2.0, JC wishbone, PL Ion or scrub may be better for you. If the track is wet clay look at the clay compounds (panther clay, JC Gold, Pro-line MC). Also panther makes a slick ST tire. You will still want to hit it with a dremel sanding drum to rough up the surface a little but much easier then grinding down something with pins already.

Last edited by Casper; 05-16-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-22t-sale.html

My trucks up for sale.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

While on Tyres for the T what do people find works best on most tracks on the front?
Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by KalEl63 View Post
While on Tyres for the T what do people find works best on most tracks on the front?
That is too general a question. Indoor clay will typically require a different tire then outdoor dirt. The moisture content of the dirt/clay and the amount of loose stuff as well has how hard the base is will all effect tire selection so to ask what front tire works best on most tracks, does not have a good answer.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KalEl63 View Post
+1 To what Casper said - but have you been to your track yet and checked out what the fast guys are using - go with that! If you simply want something to put on your T to get it going, get a set of ribs, or for bashing, road(hogs) tires.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What is the best approach for softening the front end? What should I change first or together....Springs, oil, or pistons?
Old 05-18-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
What is the best approach for softening the front end? What should I change first or together....Springs, oil, or pistons?
what do you need out of the front end? green is a good spring for this truck in my experience. try 2 hole pistons, I have 2 x1.6mm front and rear with 25wt associated oil in the rear and 30 in the front. works really well!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Yeah do you need less damping, Less pack or just less support?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Yeah do you need less damping, Less pack or just less support?
I'm getting no weight transfer on breaking and landing on the front is stiff causing the back to kind of slam down. Have 56 piston, orange spring, and 27.5 weight oil.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:50 PM
Tech Prophet

I'm getting no weight transfer on breaking and landing on the front is stiff causing the back to kind of slam down. Have 56 piston, orange spring, and 27.5 weight oil.
For most setups I see on this truck you are kind of soft already. Most are on green or blue front springs.

What is the rear end?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.