TLR 22T Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default New TLR 22 Platform Springs

Hey Guys,

We have some new springs for the TLR 22 platform that were announced yesterday on TLRacing.com. I wrote a little blog post with more info on the springs, but I did want to share that all of our travel team has been running the springs and are really happy with the performance gains. Also, they will be in stock and shipping by early next week!

The front spring rates likely won't be stiff enough for truck, but the rear will work for sure.

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2013/...-22-buggy.html

Let me know if you have any questions!
Frank
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Frank, do you by chance know the answer to my question right above your post? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:16 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by mulvanered View Post
Hey Frank, do you by chance know the answer to my question right above your post? Thanks.
I am not sure about what shock locations Matt runs right now. If he posted a setup, it should have the shock locations?
Old 05-10-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mulvanered View Post
Does anyone know the rear shock mounting locations on the Matt Chambers MHOR R/C Raceway set up?
for this adjustment, you can usually find a happy setting by driving the truck on your track. if the rear is a bit loose or free, move the top of the shock out on the tower one and retest. if it feels a bit tight, go in one.
easy adjustment with the one piece standoff!!! its the smallest thing, but you can rebuild the shocks and not worry about forgetting what position they were in.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
I am not sure about what shock locations Matt runs right now. If he posted a setup, it should have the shock locations?
Nope. Lol. I will figure something out.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

We have some new springs for the TLR 22 platform that were announced yesterday on TLRacing.com. I wrote a little blog post with more info on the springs, but I did want to share that all of our travel team has been running the springs and are really happy with the performance gains. Also, they will be in stock and shipping by early next week!

The front spring rates likely won't be stiff enough for truck, but the rear will work for sure.

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2013/...-22-buggy.html

Let me know if you have any questions!
Frank
So the front set will only work on the front of the buggy but the rear sets will work on all 4 corners of the 22t?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:15 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
So the front set will only work on the front of the buggy but the rear sets will work on all 4 corners of the 22t?
The fronts will fit on the 22, 22T and 22SCT, but the rates likely are not stiff enough for the front of the 22T or 22SCT (since they run a stiffer rate than buggy by quite a ways).

The rears will fit the rear of the 22, 22T, and 22SCT and the rates will be in the range of what most people want for all 3 vehicles.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

The fronts will fit on the 22, 22T and 22SCT, but the rates likely are not stiff enough for the front of the 22T or 22SCT (since they run a stiffer rate than buggy by quite a ways).

The rears will fit the rear of the 22, 22T, and 22SCT and the rates will be in the range of what most people want for all 3 vehicles.
The new springs will be awesome. Especially with the cost of the Kyosho springs...
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Springs

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
The new springs will be awesome. Especially with the cost of the Kyosho springs...
The springs would be awesome if they would make them for all three vehicles. Right now only the front springs benefit 22 buggy owners. If you have a 22T or 22SCT then you are buying only rear springs and paying for fronts that you can't use. I wish Losi would offer a complete spring kit for these platforms, like AE does.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:35 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by HollywoodRC View Post
The springs would be awesome if they would make them for all three vehicles. Right now only the front springs benefit 22 buggy owners. If you have a 22T or 22SCT then you are buying only rear springs and paying for fronts that you can't use. I wish Losi would offer a complete spring kit for these platforms, like AE does.
The springs are sold as a set of Fronts, or a set of Rears. This way you can buy the rear without paying for Fronts you work use on the 22T.

Ultimately, the rear springs carry most of the weight of the vehicle and are more critical to performance than the fronts, so it'll get you headed in the right direction. As for truck/sc fronts, the rates that people are using at this point are so spread out, it will be really hard to meet everyone's rate range expectation and keep the rates closer (like buggy) without the sets being 7-8 springs, which is too many. We are still looking into this though.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The springs are sold as a set of Fronts, or a set of Rears. This way you can buy the rear without paying for Fronts you work use on the 22T.

Ultimately, the rear springs carry most of the weight of the vehicle and are more critical to performance than the fronts, so it'll get you headed in the right direction. As for truck/sc fronts, the rates that people are using at this point are so spread out, it will be really hard to meet everyone's rate range expectation and keep the rates closer (like buggy) without the sets being 7-8 springs, which is too many. We are still looking into this though.
Maybe offer a truck front set? Between the buggy fronts and the truck fronts you can choose what set you want? Most truck guys run in the green to black range where the buggy guys are typically in the red/orange range so it should not be hard to offer a truck front spring set!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

I would bet that the amount of buggies on the track versus the sct or truck have something to do with it.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Maybe offer a truck front set? Between the buggy fronts and the truck fronts you can choose what set you want? Most truck guys run in the green to black range where the buggy guys are typically in the red/orange range so it should not be hard to offer a truck front spring set!
+1
I have printed most every set-up sheet for both the 22t and 22sct (including your set ups), and I see most run truck Silver, Green, Blue, & Black on the front. say if you broaden that tuning range, even just by .2 increments
say orange 3.4, silver 3.6, green 3.8, blue 4.0, black 4.2.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Can anyone help me try to get some more forward bite out of my truck? The car is a little squirlly in the back when im coming out of a turn, especially the turn before the straight. I have 27.5 oil all around, stock springs, 3degree pivot block in the rear, 2.5mm anti-squat and im using worn in M4 suburbs. would going to 3.5 degree pivot block help out at all? Thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation Try Caspers Setup

Originally Posted by carbons2k View Post
Can anyone help me try to get some more forward bite out of my truck? The car is a little squirlly in the back when im coming out of a turn, especially the turn before the straight. I have 27.5 oil all around, stock springs, 3degree pivot block in the rear, 2.5mm anti-squat and im using worn in M4 suburbs. would going to 3.5 degree pivot block help out at all? Thanks!
I use caspers steup.. works great.
I can never use a Suburb in the REAR! It never worked for me... it's just my experience.

What works for me is TIRES.... go with a Super Soft Holeshot or DD. use the Suburbs in the front. Maybe even try a harder compound front tire.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.