Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 22T front body mounts ; keep breaking them

Anyone have a alternative or know how i can get a small quantity of the front body mounts without buying the shock tower kit (@ $9 a pop) as the front mounts keep splitting on me. Pretty much only when no driving at the indoor track, but outdoor/bash track site and on the street. Looks like the Jconcepts Finisher body addresses this as the lexan comes up above the posts; could be a solution.

Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by carbons2k
Does anyone know proper gearing fro 17.5 motors? Does this truck gear simiar to a buggy? Ive got a 72/32 and the motor came off at 150ish after 5 mins. My RB6 buggy is geared at 70/31 and doesnt get nearly as hot
I have no idea what the FDR is on the kyosho -
- but 72/32 is more suitable in the 17.5 buggy, in the 22T you're WAY overgeared.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default same issue here

Originally Posted by hsp-sandiego
Anyone have a alternative or know how i can get a small quantity of the front body mounts without buying the shock tower kit (@ $9 a pop) as the front mounts keep splitting on me. Pretty much only when no driving at the indoor track, but outdoor/bash track site and on the street. Looks like the Jconcepts Finisher body addresses this as the lexan comes up above the posts; could be a solution.

Thanks.
I had the same problem, got the Finisher body and no more broken body mounts.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Casper or Frank

Im running the Ryan Dunsford set up minus one spacer on front camber link ballstud on a 55x90 indoor high bite track. Blue barcodes in front green in rear. It doesnt seem like the truck has alot of corner speed. Im having to come to almost a stop to get the truck to rotate. Any sugestions? Thanks.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:29 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mulvanered
Im running the Ryan Dunsford set up minus one spacer on front camber link ballstud on a 55x90 indoor high bite track. Blue barcodes in front green in rear. It doesnt seem like the truck has alot of corner speed. Im having to come to almost a stop to get the truck to rotate. Any sugestions? Thanks.
Try running the same tires front and rear.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mulvanered
So you are looking for more turn in? Green tires all around would help. Going inside on the front arm for the shock location. Softer front spring. We have recently added a lot of droop to Ryans setup based on findings with the SCT and like more droop in this setup as well. (take all the limiters out of the front and rear and unscrew the rears another full two turns.)
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I will try both. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anyone have a good blinky Viper VST 13.5 motor gearing?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hsp-sandiego

Thanks.
+1

Or maybe TLR can drop 4 body mounts in with the tower.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
anyone have a good blinky Viper VST 13.5 motor gearing?
Start with the "recommended gearing chart" in your assembly manual (approx pg .30) , fine tune from there to your track (being as no track is the same, there is no pat answer).
Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pablo040
Start with the "recommended gearing chart" in your assembly manual (approx pg .30) , fine tune from there to your track (being as no track is the same, there is no pat answer).
i realize that, but just curious to see if anyone out there has something that has been working for them.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

I ran my first race on my 22t last sunday. I ran it kit set up, and the front end feels a little twitchy, is there anything I can do that will make it less so?
I ran my 22sct as well, and it has the kit 4mm trail, and I love how it feels comparison wise. i now that apples to oranges in classes, but
Old 03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Suspended

I ran my first race on my 22t last sunday. I ran it kit set up, and the front end feels a little twitchy, is there anything I can do that will make it less so?
I ran my 22sct as well, and it has the kit 4mm trail, and I love how it feels comparison wise. i now that apples to oranges in classes, but
Compared to the SCT, the 22T is going to feel twitchy.
You're right, apples to oranges (drastically shorter wheelbase).
I'm not sure why they haven't ordered steering blocks with increased trail either.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Try changing the rear pink springs to yellows. Softer rear springs won't transfer the weight to the front of the truck as hard.

You could also try changing the front shock oil from 27.5 to 30. This should deaden the response of the front.

Everything is a tradeoff so you might not like what else changes, but you'll only know if you try.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
Try changing the rear pink springs to yellows. Softer rear springs won't transfer the weight to the front of the truck as hard.

You could also try changing the front shock oil from 27.5 to 30. This should deaden the response of the front.

Everything is a tradeoff so you might not like what else changes, but you'll only know if you try.
I will try going up to 30wt shock oil up front.
would changing castor help as well? I have kit 3* on the truck, but I have 0*, 5* and 10* castor block sets handy.
I also have the buggy pivot (25* kick) set too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.