TLR 22T Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 AM
  #361  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 182
Default

Originally Posted by Poptartninja View Post
If you order from horizon, They show an eta of 10/10.
Awesome, the UK should have them in September then, thats next month!

(The 22 arrived in the UK before the states!)
J A M I N is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 07:38 AM
  #362  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,540
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by J A M I N View Post
Awesome, the UK should have them in September then, thats next month!

(The 22 arrived in the UK before the states!)
Hey Hey don't rub it in!
carcrazy699 is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 08:47 AM
  #363  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,986
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by J A M I N View Post
If you look carefully at the layout at the rear, the shocks sit at the back of the wishbones in mid motor config, rather than at the front in rear motor config.

This means that the 'turrets' that enclose the shocks need to be moved further back on the body to accomodate this. Its why there is 2 shells in the kit. Although no pictures have appeared as yet....
OK that makes sence
thecman26 is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 AM
  #364  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
RcRacerBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,073
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TreadRCracing View Post
I have to admit that losi did a good job at including 2 bodies. Now unlike the 22, if somebody wants to switch from rear to mid or mid to rear they will already have the body.

Great job losi/tlr
I dont think TLR is going to give 2 bodies. It just be like the 22 you can cut rhe body to fit either rear or mid.
RcRacerBeast is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 09:08 AM
  #365  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 876
Default

The guy from my LHS also said that the TLR22T will come with 2 body's and 2 sets of wheels in the kit. That would be great and i would even conider it to order one
addicted2blue is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 09:38 AM
  #366  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,986
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
The guy from my LHS also said that the TLR22T will come with 2 body's and 2 sets of wheels in the kit. That would be great and i would even conider it to order one
+1 here too! Too bad its not going to be available till late october!
thecman26 is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 09:46 AM
  #367  
Tech Elite
 
UK.hardcore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belgium.
Posts: 2,263
Default

Being that both shells are found in the spare parts list, not the option list for the mid motor shell i'd say they are both included.
UK.hardcore is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 AM
  #368  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,540
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Amain says in the description that it comes with 2 bodies

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...cing-Truck-Kit
carcrazy699 is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 11:27 AM
  #369  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
jk racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Placentia, CA
Posts: 2,712
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

TLR reps have confirmed, 2 bodies and 2 sets of wheels, no tires.
jk racing is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 AM
  #370  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RcRacerBeast View Post
I dont think TLR is going to give 2 bodies. It just be like the 22 you can cut rhe body to fit either rear or mid.

Features:

Includes both a rear and mid-motor completion option in the same kit
2.5mm hard anodized aircraft aluminum chassis
All-metric hardware so only one set of tools is required
2.2” truck wheels included (No tires included)
Front and rear wheels are the same via 12 mm hex
2 ROAR-legal bodies (Mid and Rear Configuration) included
Adjustable caster via the spindle carrier. 3 included with option (0, 5 and 10)
12mm Big Bore Aluminum Shock with Bladder Compensator
Gull Wing Suspension Arm Design (Front)
Replaceable Bolt-On front and rear Camber Blocks
3.5mm Heavy-Duty Turnbuckles
Innovative Steering Rack Design
Long-Life Titanium Nitride Hinge Pins
Vertical Mounted Ball Studs
Optimized Battery Tray for multiple Battery configurations
Dual Disk Slipper Clutch with 82 tooth spur gear
Poptartninja is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
  #371  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Wes Lawrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Very cool!
Wes Lawrence is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 04:22 PM
  #372  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
RcRacerBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,073
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Wow then TLR is being really kind.
RcRacerBeast is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 05:33 PM
  #373  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 82
Default

Originally Posted by RcRacerBeast View Post
Wow then TLR is being really kind.
While I agree with this 85%, the other 15% of me looks at the $299 price tag and thinks the kindness is covered. However I am a loyalist and TLR will get my dollars
dillydalley is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 05:37 PM
  #374  
Tech Master
iTrader: (52)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,385
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

They are not being kind. They give you the option to run rear or mid within the same kit and the parts come with to run either. You couldn't do that unless they gave you a differant body for mid motor since the shocks are moved the humps in the body also have to be moved. The rear motor body just wont work on the truck in mid motor.........
tonyd is offline  
Old 08-18-2011, 05:37 PM
  #375  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,986
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dillydalley View Post
While I agree with this 85%, the other 15% of me looks at the $299 price tag and thinks the kindness is covered. However I am a loyalist and TLR will get my dollars
+1, but its only $20 more than an RT5 and with the RT5 you get one body and one set of wheels (no tires)... So its pretty even...
thecman26 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.