TLR 22T Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awidz View Post
i have had my 22t on the shelf since the indoor season ended and wanted to ask how do you do the tranny raise in the rear everyone is doing? any help would be appreciated, i guess it helps keep the rear end more planted.

thanks in advance
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...2-and-22t.html

This gives you all the info you should need!

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf View Post
thanks for the info I have to admit I have been pretty impressed with the losi esc while my tekin is getting repaired
Yeah they did a good job with that speedo. Nice and smooth and small and gets the job done. Great for spec racing but not rated for the jump to mod. Only real downfall of that ESC.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awidz View Post
i have had my 22t on the shelf since the indoor season ended and wanted to ask how do you do the tranny raise in the rear everyone is doing? any help would be appreciated, i guess it helps keep the rear end more planted.

thanks in advance
You can find out how to do the lift on the team blog. It explains everything and has pics.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hi guys
wandering if we could get some better lableing on shock springs
rates are great but a length is needed im ordering buggy rear springs for my truck.
hobbyshop keeps gettin me truck rears. i know the spiring sheet but no numbers there.
or should i really print out a 22 parts list.
i think the improvement would help all tuners ans shops.
thanks
Old 06-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc barn too View Post
hi guys
wandering if we could get some better lableing on shock springs
rates are great but a length is needed im ordering buggy rear springs for my truck.
hobbyshop keeps gettin me truck rears. i know the spiring sheet but no numbers there.
or should i really print out a 22 parts list.
i think the improvement would help all tuners ans shops.
thanks
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se...pringChart.pdf
Old 06-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Originally Posted by slow_jun View Post
Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Sorry to hear that bad info is out there, but they will not fit properly, I can confirm that.
Thanks for the info Frank. The order shipped before I saw your post and could cancel.
Tried to call AMAIN so they could fix the issue on their site as I have seen a few people that have ordered and had same issue, but got no where with them. All that said,
This Truck ROCKS!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 22t questions

hey guys im new to this electric 1/10 scale i have 2 1/8 scale nitro buggy and truggy, im wanting to know what are the best electronics to put in it (motor, esc, ect....) and what motor mount would yall recommend mid or rear mount and why? any of you guys that are die hard 1/10 racers yalls ensite would be extremely helpful but im open to any help at all. going to get my 22t kit monday and just need some help!! so let me have it IMO more info is better than less. And thanks to all for the help!!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Maybe one the TLR guys sees this and can update the blog but Michael Losi's winning stock truck setup from the Cactus Classic is a 22 stock buggy pdf.

Old 06-30-2012, 04:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eightoffroader View Post
hey guys im new to this electric 1/10 scale i have 2 1/8 scale nitro buggy and truggy, im wanting to know what are the best electronics to put in it (motor, esc, ect....) and what motor mount would yall recommend mid or rear mount and why? any of you guys that are die hard 1/10 racers yalls ensite would be extremely helpful but im open to any help at all. going to get my 22t kit monday and just need some help!! so let me have it IMO more info is better than less. And thanks to all for the help!!
That would all depend on what class your going to raceit in and what kind of track you will race it at. That is if you are going to race it...

What class? Stock or mod?
Kind of track? Outdoor low bite loose or indoor clay really high bite?
Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks
i thought i had that sheet but didn't remember the trl numbers on right i'll make a copy for my lhs also
Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
That would all depend on what class your going to raceit in and what kind of track you will race it at. That is if you are going to race it...

What class? Stock or mod?
Kind of track? Outdoor low bite loose or indoor clay really high bite?
yes I am gonna race it and the track is indoors normally high bite, and I'm new to this hole stock/mod thing cause I normally race 1/8 4wd nitro. I mainly bought the truck cause everyone at the track says if u can drive this good then 1/8 4wd will be no problem. I want to become a better all-around racer. And the wife has shown some interest in learning to drive it. So anybody with anything else they would like to share cause I'm open??
Old 07-01-2012, 11:46 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post
Maybe one the TLR guys sees this and can update the blog but Michael Losi's winning stock truck setup from the Cactus Classic is a 22 stock buggy pdf.

Thanks for the heads up. I thought this was fixed already.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eightoffroader View Post
yes I am gonna race it and the track is indoors normally high bite, and I'm new to this hole stock/mod thing cause I normally race 1/8 4wd nitro. I mainly bought the truck cause everyone at the track says if u can drive this good then 1/8 4wd will be no problem. I want to become a better all-around racer. And the wife has shown some interest in learning to drive it. So anybody with anything else they would like to share cause I'm open??
Ok, indoor high bite will have several good setups for you here- http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/Se...wentyTwoT.html
Ryan Dunfords setup would be a good starting point.
I would suggest stock class for a starting point. When you get the setup hammered out then maybe mod later on down the road, that is IF your track has a mod truck class (very funn class!)

Best electronics is highly individual... I myself love Tekin esc's but the brushless rc 120a esc (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...0amp-escs.html) will be my next one I buy, they are around $50 so the price is nice! Motor will be dependent on what is available around you and what your track runs in stock. Most run 17.5t brushless and most 17.5t motors are very comparable performance wise, you cant go wrong with the bigger manufacturers (lrp,tekin,novak,trinity, and the likes). Servo will also be the same thing, it all depends on your budget.

Last edited by thecman26; 07-02-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by vr6cj View Post

Link is updated.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge View Post
Thank you sir! Thats support right there. Just another reason to love TLR.

One thing on his setup? 17.5 oil? Or should that be 27.5?
Old 07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

New TLR Blog Entry pertaining to the spindles for the 22 and 22T. Hope this helps clear everything up!

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...-spindles.html

Last edited by Frank Root; 07-02-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Forgot Link...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.