TLR 22T Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 05:53 PM
  #3511  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Angry Whaaaaaat!?

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
We don't offer any trailing spindles for the 22T. The 4mm trailing spindles are for the 22 buggy only.
AMain as well as others are listing them for the 22T...
I ordered today......
RC Jay is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
  #3512  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,781
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC Jay View Post
AMain as well as others are listing them for the 22T...
I ordered today......
Sorry to hear that bad info is out there, but they will not fit properly, I can confirm that.
Frank Root is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 12:03 AM
  #3513  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,088
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Ran the truck tonight for the first time in months...and managed to get 2nd tonight(technically 1st) as the winner was the only mod truck in the class. The truck is awesome I will be trying white rear springs the next time out just for the heck of it..but I am glad I decided to keep it instead of trying to dump it
NitroLuver is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 02:15 AM
  #3514  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
1bigshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: $$$ las vegas N,V $$$
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Hello there!! man this weeks show was cool, www.rcracechat.net had the chance to talk to Jimmy Stephensen with Lucas Oil Off Road Racing and team losi driver.
http://www.rcracechat.net/episodes.html
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T Thread-gaining-momentum.jpg  
1bigshane is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 02:31 AM
  #3515  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (14)
 
slow_jun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: sa Earth
Posts: 2,732
Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Sorry to hear that bad info is out there, but they will not fit properly, I can confirm that.
thanks for that, i was about to order that in AMAIN...
slow_jun is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
  #3516  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,781
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 22 vs. 22T Spindles

Hey Guys,

I have had a few questions regarding the 22 vs. 22T Spindles, and I just wanted to set everything straight.

22 Spindles:
Stock - TLR1061 - Plastic/composite molded spindles have 2mm of trail
Option 1 - TLR1062 - Plastic/composite molded spindles have 0mm of trail, otherwise referred to as "inline".
Option 2 - TLR1073 - Aluminum CNC Machined spindles with 2mm of trail.
Option 3 - TLR1075 - Aluminum CNC Machined spindles with 4mm of trail.

22T Spindles:
Stock - TLR1103 - Plastic/composite molded spindles have 0mm of trail, otherwise referred to as "inline".
Option 1 - TLR1109 - Aluminum CNC Machined molded spindles have 0mm of trail, otherwise referred to as "inline".

The 22 and 22T spindles have different bearing spacing that will not allow the 22 axle to fit in the 22T spindle. The 22T front wheel will hit the 22 spindle arm, ball stud, and steering ball cup, so the 22T wheel will not fit on the 22 spindle. I attached photos, with the part number saved in the description.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T Thread-tlr1061-250.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-tlr1062-250.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-tlr1073-250.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-tlr1075-250.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-tlr1103-250.jpg  

Frank Root is offline  
Old 06-28-2012, 09:28 PM
  #3517  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (20)
 
nEoNidas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: So Cal Baby !!!!!
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Hey Guys,

I have had a few questions regarding the 22 vs. 22T Spindles, and I just wanted to set everything straight.

22 Spindles:
Stock - TLR1061 - Plastic/composite molded spindles have 2mm of trail
Option 1 - TLR1062 - Plastic/composite molded spindles have 0mm of trail, otherwise referred to as "inline".
Option 2 - TLR1073 - Aluminum CNC Machined spindles with 2mm of trail.
Option 3 - TLR1075 - Aluminum CNC Machined spindles with 4mm of trail.

22T Spindles:
Stock - TLR1103 - Plastic/composite molded spindles have 0mm of trail, otherwise referred to as "inline".
Option 1 - TLR1109 - Aluminum CNC Machined molded spindles have 0mm of trail, otherwise referred to as "inline".

The 22 and 22T spindles have different bearing spacing that will not allow the 22 axle to fit in the 22T spindle. The 22T front wheel will hit the 22 spindle arm, ball stud, and steering ball cup, so the 22T wheel will not fit on the 22 spindle. I attached photos, with the part number saved in the description.
Frank, you're an alright dude. Saving us dumbasses from spending and believing something that just isn't. Saved me some $. Thank you.
nEoNidas is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:05 AM
  #3518  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 244
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I'm new to the 22T, just traded for one. I see a lot of talk about hop up parts. The car came with the aluminum caster block. I have the aluminum battery bracket and did the 1mm tranny loft. What else helps. Let me say I have a 22 buggy so I understand that set up and time make the car but what hop ups are worth my money.
A929ryda is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 12:56 AM
  #3519  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (105)
 
thecman26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Central Kansas
Posts: 7,992
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A929ryda View Post
I'm new to the 22T, just traded for one. I see a lot of talk about hop up parts. The car came with the aluminum caster block. I have the aluminum battery bracket and did the 1mm tranny loft. What else helps. Let me say I have a 22 buggy so I understand that set up and time make the car but what hop ups are worth my money.
Other than what you got, you should be good to go. The Aluminum camber blocks fr ar rr are nice though but not totally needed.
thecman26 is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 01:22 AM
  #3520  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
retsoorkcuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: barstow, ca
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 22t rtr esc

Ok my tekin went out so i bought a 22t rtr esc for 30$ and it has a 13turn limit i have a 13.5 i have been running with this esc but my question is can i use my endbell timing or do i have to leave it at 0 will timing adjustment hurt the esc
retsoorkcuf is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 07:38 AM
  #3521  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf View Post
Ok my tekin went out so i bought a 22t rtr esc for 30$ and it has a 13turn limit i have a 13.5 i have been running with this esc but my question is can i use my endbell timing or do i have to leave it at 0 will timing adjustment hurt the esc
The rating is a littlle conservative. You should be able to crank the timing on the end bell with no problems if that is what you normally do.

Last edited by Casper; 06-29-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Casper is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 07:48 AM
  #3522  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
awidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 437
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default rear tranny raise

i have had my 22t on the shelf since the indoor season ended and wanted to ask how do you do the tranny raise in the rear everyone is doing? any help would be appreciated, i guess it helps keep the rear end more planted.

thanks in advance
awidz is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 07:50 AM
  #3523  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
retsoorkcuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: barstow, ca
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default thanks casper

thanks for the info I have to admit I have been pretty impressed with the losi esc while my tekin is getting repaired
retsoorkcuf is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
  #3524  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by A929ryda View Post
I'm new to the 22T, just traded for one. I see a lot of talk about hop up parts. The car came with the aluminum caster block. I have the aluminum battery bracket and did the 1mm tranny loft. What else helps. Let me say I have a 22 buggy so I understand that set up and time make the car but what hop ups are worth my money.
I added 30deg aluminum front pivot just for the weight. And the rear aluminum hubs for strength. If you use the aluminum hubs consider titanium ball studs as well in the hubs.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:45 AM
  #3525  
TLRacing
iTrader: (25)
 
Frank Root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Corona, CA, USA
Posts: 5,781
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by retsoorkcuf View Post
Ok my tekin went out so i bought a 22t rtr esc for 30$ and it has a 13turn limit i have a 13.5 i have been running with this esc but my question is can i use my endbell timing or do i have to leave it at 0 will timing adjustment hurt the esc
You can turn up the timing on the motor no problem with that ESC, there should be no issues at all. Keep an eye on the temps, but the ESC should have no issues.

Not too bad for an "RTR" ESC...huh

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The rating is a littlle conservative. You should be able to crank the timing on the end bell with no problems if that is what you normally do.
Thanks Casper!
Frank Root is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.