TLR 22T Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randomhero View Post
Well racing sunday her 22t worked for the 1st 2time qualifiers then in the amain boom stops steering to the right. I run a savox in my ten scte with a spectrum and rx8 and have no issues. Really starting to wish i didnt waste the money on this 22t.
It is the truck's fault the steering servo failed ??
Old 06-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well racing sunday her 22t worked for the 1st 2time qualifiers then in the amain boom stops steering to the right. I run a savox in my ten scte with a spectrum and rx8 and have no issues. Really starting to wish i didnt waste the money on this 22t.
Were you running the aluminum rack? I ran the aluminum rack and had to switch back to plastic(now back to the aluminum) because it would bind and cause the car to glitch and it would only steer one way. I was running a savox 1257tg in mine. feel the steering and see if its binding. Hope that helps.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOJOHAMBONE View Post
Were you running the aluminum rack? I ran the aluminum rack and had to switch back to plastic(now back to the aluminum) because it would bind and cause the car to glitch and it would only steer one way. I was running a savox 1257tg in mine. feel the steering and see if its binding. Hope that helps.
Mine started binding after I added the alum rack too. I was running the savox 1258 and just put in the 1251 and it binds too. Did you find a solution to run your savox servo w/ the alum rack or did you switch servos?

Thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by JRL 13 View Post
Mine started binding after I added the alum rack too. I was running the savox 1258 and just put in the 1251 and it binds too. Did you find a solution to run your savox servo w/ the alum rack or did you switch servos?

Thanks
At first it'll bind , you need to break it in ,sort to say. Mine i just steer (left/right) till i got the feel that its not that thight anymore.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastgascar View Post
What weight oil did you fill it with? I presume by looking @ the rtr instructions that it's sealed?
The gear diff comes only partially filled with some random oil

I cleaned it out real nice, and put 3k diff oil in there. Smooth as butter! No going back to ball diffs for this (track) basher!

yes, it has a sealing shim, probably the only part you'll ever have to replace in this baby... eventually... maybe...
Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Jay View Post
Thank you Frank! I installed the threaded king pins w/aluminum carriers and no binding or slop!
Yep, like a glove!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Actully the servo hasnt failed at all, and im running the stock plastic rack. And yes it is something to do with the truck, it continues to fail every race day. Ive tryed every shim, no shim, ive raced for the past 15 years and am far from new to rc racing but have never encountered a problem like this. The truck is sweet except for this steering problem. I really wish i could get it to actully make a full race without losing the steering to the right.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Actully the servo hasnt failed at all, and im running the stock plastic rack. And yes it is something to do with the truck, it continues to fail every race day. Ive tryed every shim, no shim, ive raced for the past 15 years and am far from new to rc racing but have never encountered a problem like this. The truck is sweet except for this steering problem. I really wish i could get it to actully make a full race without losing the steering to the right.
I would assume it must be a servo issue. I have run my 22T for months, and never encounted this issue.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

The servo is fine, ive taken it out and put it in my ten scte and it works flawlessly pack after pack. Im wondering if maybe the rack is junk and needs to be replaced, but the truck is like new its only been run 4 qualifying races and 2 amains. Its driving me nutz trying to get this thing to work. What shims is everyone else using with savox servos? The new servo ive put in is the sc1256tg.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 222 (100%+)

The servo is fine, ive taken it out and put it in my ten scte and it works flawlessly pack after pack. Im wondering if maybe the rack is junk and needs to be replaced, but the truck is like new its only been run 4 qualifying races and 2 amains. Its driving me nutz trying to get this thing to work. What shims is everyone else using with savox servos? The new servo ive put in is the sc1256tg.
I had your same problems last practice day but it was because my son failed a big double and the servo arm lost a few teeth. The servo arm kept jumping to the left. No fault of the servo or truck it was driving awesome all day before than.
I have four TLR Aluminum ones on the way
Old 06-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sounds like the exact problem I was having with my truck except I am running the alum rack. Im gonna work on mine tonight...gotta shim the servo some. Ill let ya know what I find out.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did you clearance the bulkhead on the right, directly above the servo horn? If you didn't its binding there, if you don't want to grind away at the chassis I here that ball cups from the old five link losi car will work.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JRL 13 View Post
Sounds like the exact problem I was having with my truck except I am running the alum rack. Im gonna work on mine tonight...gotta shim the servo some. Ill let ya know what I find out.
The aluminum steering rack can bind. The arm that the steering link attaches to will "lock" on the outer rack while trying to return to center. With a little dremel work you can prevent it. I've been running the same aluminum rack for 6 months now without any problems.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I have no shims with my 1258, I am sure the 1256 is simular. With the 1251 you need 2.5mm of shims.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 222 (100%+)

Do the xxx SCT enclosed rod ends fit on the 22T turnbuckles ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.