Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

New to the 22t, bought it used of an rctech member. I'm having issues with the steering rack binding. It came with the aluminum rack. I thought it was a servo issue. I've had the front end apart a few times, even a little lube to help smooth it out, still binding. Just looking for a little guidance. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver04RS
Here are a couple shots of my 22T from last weekend at JBRL

This truck has become my favorite car I own.
Nice paint!! Sometimes simple is best.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

What are you guy's doing about the front rims rubbing on the steering ballcups?
no matter how much I back off the wheel nuts the rims still rub,I have tried shims between the plastic hex and rim this will not work because there is not enough trheads to hold the nut on the axle.this is the only flaw I see with this truck,and we all know there is NO wheel that has 0 wobble to it...lets here some answers ??
Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rifraf
no matter how much I back off the wheel nuts the rims still rub,I have tried shims between the plastic hex and rim this will not work because there is not enough trheads to hold the nut on the axle.this is the only flaw I see with this truck,and we all know there is NO wheel that has 0 wobble to it...lets here some answers ??
Honestly, I have the stock hexes and the cups are close to the wheel but there is a slight gap. I have poped off a few but as long as I stay off the pipe is good. If you have poped them off a few times try some new ball cups on the steering linkage and youll be surprised on how much better they stay on

Also I run my nuts super tight and dont have any bind issues.

Originally Posted by BigRed
New to the 22t, bought it used of an rctech member. I'm having issues with the steering rack binding. It came with the aluminum rack. I thought it was a servo issue. I've had the front end apart a few times, even a little lube to help smooth it out, still binding. Just looking for a little guidance. Thanks.
Get rid of the AL rack... they bind
Old 05-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Thanks,I have noticed my stock UNUSED wheels have more wobble than the usual,I will race this truck for the 1st time tomorrow nite.it has the stock kit set up,I did raise the trans up 1mm and went to 4 rear toe because I have read a few post that people claim the rear needs to be locked in alittle more..
Old 05-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks,I have noticed my stock UNUSED wheels have more wobble than the usual,I will race this truck for the 1st time tomorrow nite.it has the stock kit set up,I did raise the trans up 1mm and went to 4 rear toe because I have read a few post that people claim the rear needs to be locked in alittle more..
what surface are you running on? If its really loose maybe a 3.5 but I feel 4 would almost be too much anywhere. I suggest running lighter oil and springs out back, thats what really got the truck working for me.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver04RS
what surface are you running on? If its really loose maybe a 3.5 but I feel 4 would almost be too much anywhere. I suggest running lighter oil and springs out back, thats what really got the truck working for me.
Travis knows what he is talking about. Nice signature btw
Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 AM
TQ2
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigRed
i think one of the team guys here has noted that the alloy rack binds, but I bought one and worked on the plastic guide it slides in for a while with some fine grit sandpaper before remounting in the truck to smooth out the edges and got rid of the binding and notchiness others have noticed. took a little time, but was worth the effort.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 AM
TQ2
Suspended

it's been mentioned and discussed a few times in this thread already, and just one page back one of the team drivers (Casper, post #3328) suggests a cure by using alloy hexes.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Hey Travis...

What gearing are you running in stock truck ? I am heating the motor up quite a bit in a 5 min. race at OCRC and WCRC.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Has anyone ran the proline scrubs yet? Opinions? Most common tires at my track are suburb style as soft as possible. Was going to get a set and try but figured maybe someone would have some input
Old 05-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Alloy hexes work.

Originally Posted by TQ2
it's been mentioned and discussed a few times in this thread already, and just one page back one of the team drivers (Casper, post #3328) suggests a cure by using alloy hexes.
The TLR .75 alloy hexes worked for me. Still ROAR legal as well.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default The 1mm trans lift....

About that 1mm trans lift that seems to becoming the norm... Anybody have some solid results on that? Notice a difference? How much of what?
Old 05-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

I hope pro-line is in the process of making a bulldog body for the Losi 22t,we don't have much choices in a desent body.the stock body is waaaaay to thin/brittle...just my .02..
Old 05-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by TQ2
i think one of the team guys here has noted that the alloy rack binds, but I bought one and worked on the plastic guide it slides in for a while with some fine grit sandpaper before remounting in the truck to smooth out the edges and got rid of the binding and notchiness others have noticed. took a little time, but was worth the effort.
Its the plastic slide where the allu rack slides in,it needs replacement every now and then, its a small investment to keep the steering bind/slop free operation. A regular cleaning is also needed to free it from binding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.