Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Jenzorace
Seriously losi ball diffs have been awesome. Most of you guys bitchin are used to gear diffs in 1/8 scale cars. Associated diffs are just as good as losi. The quality of the balls are the issue. I actually built my 22t with a gear diff first. I used 5000 wt oil and the diff action was really free, which made my truck really rotate around the corner. I would try grease in it next time. I changed back to ball diff after trying the gear diff with 5000 wt. I used the stock balls,,, I know,,, thinkin they wouldnt last. Ive gotten 4 race days with them and they still feel good. And i didnt even break in the diff.. Im going to use ceramic balls next rebuild. Ive been using ceramic balls on my 22, and gotten at least 8 race days out of them without a rebuild. Still feels good. But i know it needs cleaned. Ive been building ball diffs for 20+ years, so i know what im talikn about!
5,000 wght....are u runnin on carpet? That seems thick to me but hey, im used to 1/8 gears that are smoother than most 1/10 balls too...
Ive used 1300 and 2000 in an sc10 and it was pretty dialed on our club track...doesnt hurt to try a gear diff especially when its free other than a few minutes of wrenchin swappin them around...
And every associated ball diff ive felt now was 100% dialed!! Losi's not so much...says either losi's are pretty #&itty or people who run losis are dumba$$'s kinda, rite...i love the 22t platform i gotta say though! Its pretty sick! Tough and thoughtout also...id like to try a bfast also, more for the extremely flat plates than the balls but all is good
Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slow_jun
depends, if you have the time in the world and "Experience" as those would say " No problem Here" type of guy then its not worth the peny, but if you have little time and would'nt want the hastle of thinkering with it every other race day then i think its very much worth it... I for one bougth the 22T for the purpose of using a gear Diff. Much consistent ( for me ) and doesnt requires that of a maintenance as compared to a Ball diff... just need the correct gear Oil though... its the leave it and forget it ... hahahah...

We have so much time spent cleanin/lubin bearings, shock oils and bleeding, and etc.etc on our cars that once u find a consistancy wether its grease or oil that works on ur track or for the conditions u operate in, its kinda dumb not to use a gear isnt it? Set it and forget it and "Kiss"(keep ot simple stupid) come into play and make things a whole lot more enjoyable imo!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by oilguy

We have so much time spent cleanin/lubin bearings, shock oils and bleeding, and etc.etc on our cars that once u find a consistancy wether its grease or oil that works on ur track or for the conditions u operate in, its kinda dumb not to use a gear isnt it? Set it and forget it and "Kiss"(keep ot simple stupid) come into play and make things a whole lot more enjoyable imo!
Yup more Runnin and less fixing.... coz its a bummer if you'll be doing some diff maintenance on tracks, you are suppose to be runnin and not fixxing... get some run time not fix time...
Old 03-22-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hay Guys, how about some vids
Old 03-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rider313
Agreed. I haven't had any issues. I even build the stock ball diff up and hit the track, with out breaking it in and hit the track. The diff is still smooth after 2 race days. I don't recomend this to anyone but I didn't care if the stock diff balls fried right away. To my suprize it didn't.

It's all about setup between slipper and diff screw. I have seen guys ask why there brand new diff feels gritty, only to find they have the diff screw snugged down.

I prefer the B-Fast unit for my ball diff, they are always butter smooth and last 10+ race days. (with break in)

But if you guys want to go to a hassle free gear diff and have less then Top notch performance. Go for it.
+1 my Losi ball diff is buttery smooth, and I have 2 race days and multiple practice days.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oilguy
5,000 wght....are u runnin on carpet? That seems thick to me but hey, im used to 1/8 gears that are smoother than most 1/10 balls too...
Ive used 1300 and 2000 in an sc10 and it was pretty dialed on our club track...doesnt hurt to try a gear diff especially when its free other than a few minutes of wrenchin swappin them around...
And every associated ball diff ive felt now was 100% dialed!! Losi's not so much...says either losi's are pretty #&itty or people who run losis are dumba$$'s kinda, rite...i love the 22t platform i gotta say though! Its pretty sick! Tough and thoughtout also...id like to try a bfast also, more for the extremely flat plates than the balls but all is good
Your the one bitchin about losis diffs. And now your callin us dumbasses. And you have a losi. Isnt that callin yourself a dumbass?????????
My momma always told me if you aint got nothin good to say, dont say anything at all.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Please ignore the ball diff hate comments.

There is nothing wrong with the stock Losi ball diffs.

I've been driving on stock diffs since day one without issue. It's all in the build and break in. They don't tolerate abuse well, but honestly, what ball diff does?

If you know what you're doing then you're golden. If you don't, please ask somebody who does know for help. Please stop badmouthing a product because of user error.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta

I've been driving on stock diffs since day one without issue. It's all in the build and break in. They don't tolerate abuse well, but honestly, what ball diff does?

If you know what you're doing then you're golden. If you don't, please ask somebody who does know for help. Please stop badmouthing a product because of user error.
x1000
Old 03-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

So any pictures of the bulldog body on the 22t from the cactus classic
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta

+1

Most of the problems are user error, take your time, do it right and do it once !!!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by donny939
What about the body mount clip holder any ideas?
i broke one also, yeah you gotta buy the entire front tower to get the body clip holder, kinda stinks
Old 03-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default ball diffs

I have had my 22 buggy since last year and only rebuilt the ball diff once and I have ran on carpet all winter with no problems. On my 22t I bought it used with a gear diff so I can't comment on it but if you build the ball diff right and break it in on the bench before running there shouldn't be any problems
Old 03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Thats the problem half these clowns bashing losi have no clue how to build a diff right and break it in. I havent built a diff in prob 3 years until my 22t. Built it, set it and practiced all day and then ran triple a mains and it it smoother than when I put it in. If your gonna bitch you better know what your talking about and make viable points which NONE of you have who have been complaining. And for the Shocks leaving, I am using the low friction orings and havent lost a drop of oil. These are 1/10 not 1/8 scale people they are gonna take a little more maintinance and are gonna break more if you drive them like an 1/8 scale
Old 03-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Lol!! Clowns....lol....losi's garbage, there diffs are garbage, 14 balls instead of industry standard 12..gay as %&ck, standard and metric mixed cars...homo, im takin offense to the last post, tellin it how i see it, and sancho...ur just the best rc car wrench/driver prolly ever in history it sounds....ur the man!
Old 03-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Funny how a $14.00 upgrade is getting so many people worked up, the stock diff balls are junk, sorry fanboys. But the upgrade cost is hardly enough to warrant calling a $280.00 rc car "junk".

All of you need to grow up, seriously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.