TLR 22T Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lappdawg27 View Post
Since LOSI is into reviving classes...go ahead and make a 22GT so we can bring gas truck back!!
To me that doesnt look so difficult - look at the mid motor config, how far away from the XXX-NT is that layout, damn, its already got the ally chassis!

Maybe output the spur out the otherside, its almost there...

Personally I can see the 22 platform being used for all types of 1/10th scale, its obvious what they are trying to do, keep the parts count down, make as much transferrable as possible, I think SCT or 4WD will probably be next...exciting times for TLR and TLR fans!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Move over Short Bus, The REAL TRUCKS are back in town! It's going to be a Exciting Nat's and Reedy Truck Race of Champions this year!

GO PHEND!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not anti ST by any means. But I'd hardly say they're the "Real Trucks". Shortcourse trucks resemble full 1:1 sized trucks that are raced in REAL life dating back to the Heavy Metal classes back in the 80's (Walker Evans anybody?). Stadium trucks, realistically should have been called 1/10 Truggy's like their 1/8th scale counterparts. Infact, you want to see what a 1:1 stadium truck looks like...Well, it looks like a Shortcourse truck only they used "mini trucks like what would now be a Tacoma or Nissan Frontier (back then they were just Toyota and Nissan pick up trucks since there weren't any full size Tundra or Titan trucks) instead of fullsize trucks
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm not trying to take away from the excitement of the 22T. It looks to be a great platform and will hopefully bring the class back and hopefully not to the detriment of shortcourse. Because Shortcourse have really fun classes as well.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911 View Post
I'm not anti ST by any means. But I'd hardly say they're the "Real Trucks". Shortcourse trucks resemble full 1:1 sized trucks that are raced in REAL life dating back to the Heavy Metal classes back in the 80's (Walker Evans anybody?). Stadium trucks, realistically should have been called 1/10 Truggy's like their 1/8th scale counterparts. Infact, you want to see what a 1:1 stadium truck looks like...Well, it looks like a Shortcourse truck only they used "mini trucks like what would now be a Tacoma or Nissan Frontier (back then they were just Toyota and Nissan pick up trucks since there weren't any full size Tundra or Titan trucks) instead of fullsize trucks
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm not trying to take away from the excitement of the 22T. It looks to be a great platform and will hopefully bring the class back and hopefully not to the detriment of shortcourse. Because Shortcourse have really fun classes as well.
+1

There is nothing "REAL" about the design of the RC stadium truck class. I've never seen a 1:1 scale truck that has its wheels cantilevered out that far away from the fenders on long skinny arms.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 AM
bzb
Tech Adept

1 new losi truck will not kill short course

i would take the x-60 before this (even would take the t4.1 before 22t)
Old 08-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bzb View Post
1 new losi truck will not kill short course

i would take the x-60 before this (even would take the t4.1 before 22t)
Then post in one of those threads. This is for people to discuss the 22t.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

22T will revolutionize the Electric Stadium Truck class, as we did years back when we released the XX4 and the 4wd buggy class was in the same boat to the stadium truck class of today... The truck is pretty sick... just wait..

RedDevil- What is so "REAL" as you say about 2wd and 4wd buggy to scale size?...
Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 AM
bzb
Tech Adept

sure (i'll wait for prove )

i love to see youre prediction, and race st myself, but the class is so dead right now over here
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if we were looking at realism these things would only go 10-15 mph, weigh 400lbs since they are 1/10 the normal size.

This is about the 22T so haters go away. those who like it want to buy it or race stadium trucks discuss.....i hope there is a revitalization of the class it was always my favorite.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Id pre order but ill wait to see if speedtech has the 1 set of free tires deal again.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Here it is in action, not sure if its already been posted:

+ YouTube Video
Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
Here it is in action, not sure if its already been posted:

+ YouTube Video
That looked awesome! The 22T didn't look too bad either But seriously, it looked like it was handling really quite well! But that track just looked amazing!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Kinda funny to see people defensive of another class in the wrong thread. I don't have a Losi but the truck looks great and I am very excited to see it come out. I do think the truck class is a blast and would like yo see the numbers go up with a new chassis to get. I think some of what hurt truck was the same chassis for 10 years... people were just looking for something new...
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gguertin145 View Post
I do think the truck class is a blast and would like yo see the numbers go up with a new chassis to get. I think some of what hurt truck was the same chassis for 10 years... people were just looking for something new...
The RT5 is only 2 years old.
The XXX-T CR is 4 years old..
Maybe I am just not following the statement...
Stadium Truck is strong around here! Always has been.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post

We missed our initial ship date by about 5 weeks for the 22...not too bad considering its an entirely new platform

I wasnt bashing. I agree you guys did all you could to get a new vehicle out with the 22. I just was stating it would be awesome if you guys could better that good performance with an even faster delivery date. I fully understand there is sertain things that delay these releases tho.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Corey Bernardo View Post
RedDevil- What is so "REAL" as you say about 2wd and 4wd buggy to scale size?...
Well they arent real either, but no one mentioned buggy so I didnt either. The whole point was that someone said screw short bus, her comes the REAL trucks. And I was simply pointing out that ST is as far from realistic as you can get, whereas the "short bus" is much closer to realism in appearance and racing in general. If you want to talk buggy, then the HPI 5B and the Losi SCB are the clear choices there, 2wd and 4wd are again not close.

I dont care either way, I ran Gas ST back in the day and I assume I will run ST now if it actually takes off, I just dont like blind bashing like "short bus" and "real truck" when it is clearly off base.

Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
The RT5 is only 2 years old.
The XXX-T CR is 4 years old..
Maybe I am just not following the statement...
Stadium Truck is strong around here! Always has been.
The statement he is making is the same one that was made by Horizon/Losi in the Youtube video. The "Chassis" is a 10 year old design. Adding some new composite plastic material, or changing the length or width by a few millimeters does not a new chassis make. It simply updates an old design. All companies out there have done nothing to ST or buggy over the last 8 - 10 years except update old tech and sell you it all over again for another $300. TLR has brought out brand new, game changing designs with the 22/22T. That's the difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.