Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peff
Hey guys,

What size turnbuckles does the truck have, out getting a wrench and forgot to check what size. I have a 4mm and 5mm option, or a 3.5mm and 4mm.

Thanks
Get this one and you will have a tool that will fit any TRL/Losi turnbuckle!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...8b-8t-TLR99102
Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Ball Cups Popping Off

For those popping ball cups off on the outside in the front, as per an earlier discussion on this thread, make sure you are not over-tightening the front wheel nuts. This pushes the tire in and very close or even rubbing on the ball cup and causes bad performance as well as easier ball cup pop off. Get some serrated nuts and just slightly snug the front tires.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Before i build my tranny - Is the aluminum diff nut a must or does the stocker work OK? Heard some bad reviews of the diff on this thing.

Any word on aluminum wheel hexes? Kinda disappointed in the lack of aluminum parts in this kit for the price. Especially rear hubs. And roll pins in the axles? Really?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:54 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Before i build my tranny - Is the aluminum diff nut a must or does the stocker work OK? Heard some bad reviews of the diff on this thing.

Any word on aluminum wheel hexes? Kinda disappointed in the lack of aluminum parts in this kit for the price. Especially rear hubs. And roll pins in the axles? Really?
For the diff, the 22T comes with a one peice diff nut/housing that works great, no need to upgrade. This was updated was also made to the 22 kits.

No aluminum hexes yet, sorry. As for Aluminum rear hubs, none of the team drivers run them. They look nice, but really the plastic hubs are prently strong and lighter.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
For those popping ball cups off on the outside in the front, as per an earlier discussion on this thread, make sure you are not over-tightening the front wheel nuts. This pushes the tire in and very close or even rubbing on the ball cup and causes bad performance as well as easier ball cup pop off. Get some serrated nuts and just slightly snug the front tires.
Thanks Hacker! Saw the wear marks on the wheels. will do.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Frank!

Bummed that I need to work on my XXX SCT tonight to prep for racing tomorow and probably won't be able to get back on the 22T until Sunday.

What's the last word on the tabs on the bottom of the body? Seems like dudes are cutting them off?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kstoracing1
One born every minute....lol.

Needle nose pliers do the same thing, and a Hobby knife for removal...lol. Work on a pit towel your chances of finding them increase, but then you can always buy the captured ones. Next on my list. I hate them too. So RTR'ish to have e-clips.
yea......no more e clips on my truck! Captured is great and makes changes way easier.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
Thanks! I will try new serrated nuts this week. I'll let you know the end result.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bombertodd
Thanks! I will try new serrated nuts this week. I'll let you know the end result.
I used the Losi Serrated Nylon lockers, I had 4 left over from my buggy so I was glad of that. I use them and i was looking for that rubbage guys are speaking about none notice. I cranked down on mine also. Still there was space and nothing was scene to show they rubbed at all.

BTW, those Serrated lock nuts GRIP. I have problems taking them off.....lol. Had to regrip my nut driver......(Nut Driver..just sounds funny....lol.)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Thanks Frank!

Bummed that I need to work on my XXX SCT tonight to prep for racing tomorow and probably won't be able to get back on the 22T until Sunday.

What's the last word on the tabs on the bottom of the body? Seems like dudes are cutting them off?
No need for them...Chris and I don't use them...there should be a picture in the manual. You can attach them to the chassis
Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys

Originally Posted by Casper
Get this one and you will have a tool that will fit any TRL/Losi turnbuckle!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...8b-8t-TLR99102
Old 02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

How easy is it to change out the servo? Can I slide it out backwards simply by removing the 6 screws on the servo mount posts (two top and three bottom)? Or do you need to remove the whole front End assembly to do it?
Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know this is off topic, but I was wondering if any of you will be racing your 22Ts at OCRC tonight I am in town working the SX for the weekend and I have the night off, so I was gonna go check out the action tonight. IF any of you will be there I would love to put a face with the name....let me know.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

How easy is it to change out the servo? Can I slide it out backwards simply by removing the 6 screws on the servo mount posts (two top and three bottom)? Or do you need to remove the whole front End assembly to do it?
i take out the top two and the bottum 4 holding the servo mount in and putt it out backwards
Old 02-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks! I thought I would be able to do that. Just wanted to confirm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.