TLR 22T Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Are you guys using the 3" off the ground method for setting the slipper ? When I try it, the front end will lift briefly, then I hear the diff slip and the front end comes down, I have checked and rechecked the diff and if I try to spin it while holding the outdrives it won't budge, should I just tighten the diff ??

I don't think that method really works with the 22 for some reason. I just set mine on the track.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
I don't think that method really works with the 22 for some reason. I just set mine on the track.
I agree how is holding you tires and stabing you throttle the same as setting it to the track surface? I see guys doing this all the time and are the first ones to be either replacing there diff because it was to loose or complaining there spinning out every corner when the track dries over the day. The funniest thing I seen is a guy showing another guy a quick way to adjust the slipper (holding the wheels till the wheels come up 3in) and watching the new esc puff in to smoke. The slipper is a tuning tool for track sufaces so adjust it on the track.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

before you set the slipper, your diff must be at the correct tension...also, i set my slipper so my ft tires lift an inch or so...because the vehicle is longer, there is more leverage...
so they dont have to lift as high
Old 01-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easye View Post
I agree how is holding you tires and stabing you throttle the same as setting it to the track surface? I see guys doing this all the time and are the first ones to be either replacing there diff because it was to loose or complaining there spinning out every corner when the track dries over the day. The funniest thing I seen is a guy showing another guy a quick way to adjust the slipper (holding the wheels till the wheels come up 3in) and watching the new esc puff in to smoke. The slipper is a tuning tool for track sufaces so adjust it on the track.
So I guess someone should mention that to the guy that created the sticky thread....
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...er-clutch.html
Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default RE: Slipper Setting

I agree with everyone else. Make sure your diff is set properly, and adjust on track.

My method:
- Tighten the diff until I can't spin it by hand (when you hold the outdrives in place).
-Tighten the slipper until it just about lifts the front wheels off the ground (before breaking in the diff).
-Do a traditional break in for a few min, then a few easy (never full throttle) laps around the track.
-Retighten the diff to my liking, and adjust the slipper for the track.

That whole 3" thing never worked for me, as my local track can go from high bite to low bite in the course of a week.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default gear diff

Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
Heres a question for you. If someone was to try a gear diff what oil would you try? In the buggy 5000 works pretty decent. I would think for the truck 5000 would not be enough, because of tire size and weight. Thought??????
I have that in mine and it works great
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta View Post
I agree with everyone else. Make sure your diff is set properly, and adjust on track.

My method:
- Tighten the diff until I can't spin it by hand (when you hold the outdrives in place).
-Tighten the slipper until it just about lifts the front wheels off the ground (before breaking in the diff).
-Do a traditional break in for a few min, then a few easy (never full throttle) laps around the track.
-Retighten the diff to my liking, and adjust the slipper for the track.

That whole 3" thing never worked for me, as my local track can go from high bite to low bite in the course of a week.
K, I was going the same route....
Old 01-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
So I guess someone should mention that to the guy that created the sticky thread....
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...er-clutch.html
I dont agree with that 100%
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is how I was showed to do it a long time ago. build diff and set it to the manual now once the diff is in the truck hold the right wheel with your right hand and also hold the spur with your right thumb. Know with your left hand rotate the left wheel and losen the diff till there is is some resistance with a lite gritty feel. Now drive the truck slow doing fiure 8's for a few minutes. Now i recheck the diff with the same methed as above now the diff should rotate with resistance but no gritness loosen the diff till that is acheived. Now i adjust the slipper by holding the wheels and roll the spur with my thumb till it take some effert to get it to rotate. Now i put it on the track and adjust it til it slips for 6 to 12in. Never have I heard a my diff's bark or had any diff issue's.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello all, I'm new here, but thought I would pop in and share my 22T with everyone.

Unfortunately I was too excited and didn't get a good shot of the finished chassis and body before getting it dirty, but here's one of the clean body:

... I figured out attachments... apparently I still can't have the actual images in the post, but at least they can be seen...

One is the clean body, next is the dirty truck after the first track run, and last is an action shot that my wife took.

I'm running the following:
Orion Vortex R10Pro ESC
Orion Vortex Pro-Stock 17.5T brushless motor
Spektrum DX3S Radio
Spektrum SR300 receiver
XP DS1313 servo
Venom 2S, 5000mah, 60C Lipo pack
Attached Thumbnails TLR 22T Thread-photo-jan-29-3-52-50-pm.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-photo-jan-29-3-35-36-pm.jpg   TLR 22T Thread-photo-jan-17-6-42-38-pm.jpg  

Last edited by chadmart; 01-30-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sounds like a nice setup. Yeah you can't post pics until you have a minimum number of posts. Keeps spaming down!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
before you set the slipper, your diff must be at the correct tension...also, i set my slipper so my ft tires lift an inch or so...because the vehicle is longer, there is more leverage...
so they dont have to lift as high
exactly, I set it for just a little lift, I am running a 7.5 so I didn't wanna have it to tight anyway right now it's perfect more than enough for the big jumps, doesn't wheelie off the line just shoots straight. I haven't seen blown esc's but I've seen guys overheat their motors trying to get the car to be exactly at 3 inches
Old 01-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This is (will be once I start building) my first ever ball diff build. It's very helpful to get those with experience chimming in! Hopefully I get it right!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

I love the look of this truck, pretty impressive for a dead class

[QUOTE=acaciapiks;10248989]mine

Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

The class isn`t dead .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.