Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Avila View Post
Just need some tires

.......very nice
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi b View Post
I am loving this truck. I like how it responds to changes in setup, a small change is easy to feel on the track. Now for some bad news, while changing shock fluid today, I noticed the rear shock shafts are showing some pretty heavy wear for the 5 packs that I have ran through the truck.

The fronts show no wear, the picture is of the rear. Both show the same wear pattern. I'm not complaining, I just wanted all owners to be on the lookout. I will call Horizon tomorrow and I'm sure they will take care of it, like they always do.
Are they going to send you new ones every 5 packs?
They supposedly fixed them, and I waited quite a while to replace them on my buggy because they said it was a running change. When I got the new ones, they showed scoring shortly after. Looks like the same old situation with the truck.
I wonder how much it would cost TLR to make shock shafts like they did 10 years ago. Too much I guess

Sorry, still love the vehicles though!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cola View Post
Thanks Rob!
Heres a pic with my old beat up skin from my 2wd. Ill post a pic of the new mounted buggy one on the truck once i do it. In the second pic it's my 2wd on the left to compare to the truck on the right......In pic 3 u can see how short it's in the front but once the bumper is on its not noticeable.... It's only a couple of mm.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited by rob martin; 01-17-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

does any one have the 22t rtr

What is the difference between the kit and rtr

How is the durability overall for the truck im no pro so i occasionally crash in to things
Old 01-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcjoe99 View Post
does any one have the 22t rtr

What is the difference between the kit and rtr

How is the durability overall for the truck im no pro so i occasionally crash in to things
The rtr isnt available yet.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I believe the rtr comes out the beginning of next month.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

What are the bottom section of the body for that bend at a 90 degree .
Old 01-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)

couldn't decide on rear or mid motor in the long run so had both the bodies painted.

cant wait to run it this weekend.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qwkrn U View Post
couldn't decide on rear or mid motor in the long run so had both the bodies painted.
Lookin good!

Last edited by thecman26; 01-17-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am loving this truck. I like how it responds to changes in setup, a small change is easy to feel on the track. Now for some bad news, while changing shock fluid today, I noticed the rear shock shafts are showing some pretty heavy wear for the 5 packs that I have ran through the truck.

The fronts show no wear, the picture is of the rear. Both show the same wear pattern. I'm not complaining, I just wanted all owners to be on the lookout. I will call Horizon tomorrow and I'm sure they will take care of it, like they always do.
what O rings are you running?? i know i had a problem with my buggy till i went to the low friction O rings. the stock ones have alot of friction. for my truck i went with the low friction inside and a stock one outside. you will notice a difference in the performance also. you can do low friction inside and out but the shocks will leak a little.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c View Post
what O rings are you running?? i know i had a problem with my buggy till i went to the low friction O rings. the stock ones have alot of friction. for my truck i went with the low friction inside and a stock one outside. you will notice a difference in the performance also. you can do low friction inside and out but the shocks will leak a little.
I did same exact thing on my 22 and 22t. One low friction o ring and one regular one. I'm not a good enough driver to tell the difference in 2 low friction in comparison to 1 so I just run the setup thats a lil easier to maintain.

Seth
Old 01-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Are guys running the Evans setup at the roar nationals or does hr have a more recent setup?
Old 01-18-2012, 04:27 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monty c View Post
i am running 2 low friction orings, my shafts look like this also....only 4-5 packs
Old 01-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

For those that pm'd me here's a pic with a buggy skin mounted on a truck. Fits perfect. Like i said its a couple of mm short but thats up near the kickup which u cant see.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I have seen people bring this up on the buggy thread as well . This has been a problem at least since the XXX-CR and XXX-T CR came out . Not sure why some are surprised . Would be nice to get some that hold up like the old days .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.