Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Boy is my wife mad at me! >

Boy is my wife mad at me!

Boy is my wife mad at me!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Years ago I was gluing up a set of tires on the kitchen table (NEW table). Glue up one side, flip them over and glue up the other side..it was late..went to bed and the next morning I had a set of tires glued to the NEW kitchen table..f ing ruined the table..$1700 later....that killed my RC budget for a few months..and to this day my EX still throws that one up in my face..
Years ago, I dumped about a half bottle of CA down the guest bathroom sink. I don't know what the big deal was, there are some really cool ridges on the sink now. It helps channel the mouthwash down to the drain.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I'm blessed with a very understanding wife, if you knew me you would give her a medal for putting up with my obsessions. Just recently I just got a duratrax DXR8 and went through typical process of degreasing the diffs so on and so forth all in the house no incidents. Then came time to install all the electronics which came off smoothly. I should have known to take the car off the kitchen because I turn the car and next thing I know the car launches off the table up my chest before could grab it. It left 4 perfect black on the table which was not good but the tire rash on my chin was bit painful. Well knowing wife would home I proceed to bust out the goof off to clean the table (old table but still nice). Well the wife comes home in the process removing the tire streaks and asked what happen which I shamefully explain. Well the wife gives that pause, you know the one that's never good. Then her next words floored me. She said that I better pray that my chin heals before her company party later that week and then left the room. Needless to say lots of lesson learned and relearned, plus nothing like a good understanding women.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

my american staff loves rattle cans

once I forgot one on the floor, when we came back the main room of our appartment which is white was full with black dots because the rattle can exploded under her jaws pressure when our dog played with it

my american bulldog loves lexan

I shouldn't have left my SC10 too close from where he sleeps. When I raced the next time with it other drivers where trying to understand what kind of crash could have produced those BIG HOLES in the body

my sphynx cat loves wires

I shouldn't have forgotten to put the body back on my 1/8 scle buggy onced I finished to solder my ESC...naked wires aren't especially safe

our dogs love cardboard

Letting my MP5 Evo Kanai box on the floor wasn't a good idea either. When I came back no more box. Just parts everywhere. Two days after (my car was for sale) a guy that was interested asks me if I still have the box because it's a vintage car. No box, no sale!

I could write hundreds other examples
Old 01-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I was showing a couple friends my new LST with modded motor running it up and down the alley. One buddy said you are really good with that thing. Then my other buddy said oh yeah he can drive them really good watch this...SO he stands in the middle of the alley as I was coming up it. Then just when I go to turn I lost all power on the truck! Hit him so hard he was totally level in the air and land flat on his back! But he didn't spill his beer!! I couldn't help but laugh because of the look on his face! Then he get all mad like it was my fault I hit him. Till this day he stands behind me when ever he is around and I run my RC's lol
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

I forgot one about my girlfriend.

Brand new e-revo, 6 cells, speed runs in the street.

"Look how fast it can go!!! blablabla..." BAM HAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ok, my girlfriend was a bit too close and I'm not a perfect driver. She still has the scar on her feet.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm glad i'm not alone. These types of things happen to me all the time. My wife gets super emo.

Most recent was:
Spilt some ca glue on our kitchen table chair. Wiped it up with a paper towel and the towel stuck to it lol.

I used to be a reef geek and had big saltwater fish tanks. I ended up getting rid of them but the fish tanks always seemed to make a bigger mess then my RC cars. I think my wife is kinda used to it and not really surprised when accidents happen around the house. I do owe her a dining table and chair set though lol.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

In addition to RC cars, I have RC planes and quad copters. A few months ago, I had spent the day drinking beer and working on my RC toys. I was just finishing up some upgrades to my quad copter with the LED lights on it for night flying, when my wife tells me that there is a moose in the front yard. I grab my quad copter and my radio and head outside to chase the moose around. Moose hate RC. Maybe it's the noise. Anyways, I took off and the moose immediately runs off across the street and into the woods. I got disoriented in my drunken stupor and my quad copter came back with a quickness and slammed into the side of my wife's car while she watched the whole thing. It left a nice dent and a lot of scratches. She says I owe her a new Mustang now.

Last March, I had a new 3S 2200mah LiPo for the same quad copter. It was just a cheap pack that came with something else I bought. I set it on the kitchen counter for whatever reason by itself after its first use. I don't know if I charged it wrong or if it was defective, but about an hour later, it burst into flames! Big, blow torch like flames that filled the house with thick black smoke. I managed to grab it by the wires and fling it into the sink where it proceeded to warp and discolor the metal sink. My wife came downstairs and was NOT pleased with the scene. The battery melted a hole in the kitchen counter and ruined the sink. It cost me $800 to fix all of that.

Here's a video I took chasing a different moose. You can see my wife standing there, lecturing me about it. I don't know why she even bothers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMue...g2hbiN9rMyDcrQ
Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My wife is pretty understanding about my indulgence into the hobby thankfully. She doesn't mind when I spend hours fiddling with my cars and such, and doesn't really complain about me going to race twice a week. For the most part she's very understanding.

When it comes to spending money on the hobby though, she HATES it. I understand her gripe because I spend money I don't really have on stuff I don't really need. Always been like that.

This prompted me to buy an RC8.2e last week, have it delivered to my work, go pick it up from work, and then put it in the garage. I then had my buddy come over and grab it, bring it inside, and say it was his and I was building the kit for him!

So far it's worked like a charm, but I know WHEN she finds out, I'm a dead man.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darcness View Post
My wife is pretty understanding about my indulgence into the hobby thankfully. She doesn't mind when I spend hours fiddling with my cars and such, and doesn't really complain about me going to race twice a week. For the most part she's very understanding.

When it comes to spending money on the hobby though, she HATES it. I understand her gripe because I spend money I don't really have on stuff I don't really need. Always been like that.

This prompted me to buy an RC8.2e last week, have it delivered to my work, go pick it up from work, and then put it in the garage. I then had my buddy come over and grab it, bring it inside, and say it was his and I was building the kit for him!

So far it's worked like a charm, but I know WHEN she finds out, I'm a dead man.
This is classic.
My son just got into the hobby (he is 6) so my new excuse is if I need parts is that he crashed his truck nd I have to fix it. Here is the best part I just bought myself a new esc and motor, but for some retarded reason she decided to watch me install it, now I have to put it into my sons truck bc she knows the difference. Smh Needless to say that little ****** got a new setup. Smh

Last edited by ilanstylz; 01-23-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Profanity
Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My wife thought it was cute that i raced toy cars and had a hobby when we first met. Fast forward a few years, winter time she leaves for two days. I think perfect time to break in my new nitro engine, of course its to cold out. So i have no garage or basement, so i think bathroom is a good idea. So I do the whole heat cycle thing on the starter box before i take outside to run it. Now i had bathroom window open and a fan in window to help with fumes, i think everything is fine. I had been smelling nitro for a few hours so i was used to the smell, l didn't realize the whole house smelled like it.

She comes home two days later and the first thing out of her mouth, what the hell is that smell. I told her what i did she was not happy.

She now calls my cute little hobby, my car crap.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

My gf don't mind my hobbies....dont matter if u did I tell her....1 day she like me or that lil car...I was like, it's a truck...and I take it I'm single now?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

My 1/8 offroad buggy collection has been growing recently, so I decided I would put a few of them on a shelf in my office. I figured it's my office, so the wife won't care, lol ya right. Well she didn't say anything about the airbrush station I put in the basement, buggy parts in the basement, helicopter collection on my dresser in our bedroom, but after seeing the buggies in my office she made a comment about how my hobby is getting a little out of control.
Well, I showed her this video and told her, "It could be worse".

For this one go to 5:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpUgDQjApGk

For this one go to 3:30, it's unreal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idu2mCg_GcQ

Last edited by Dnnap; 01-23-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Few years ago I picked up an align 250 helicopter setting it up and testing it in our living room was doing good every thing was going smooth! I got a little carried away and crashed into her 2 month old leather sectional put about a 3" rip in it she was watching the whole thing she looked at me (one of those if looks could kill looks) I said it was in my way (trying to make a joke) she said NICE! and walked away

I found out that sectional is not to bad to sleep on lol.....
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dnnap View Post
My 1/8 offroad buggy collection has been growing recently, so I decided I would put a few of them on a shelf in my office. I figured it's my office, so the wife won't care, lol ya right. Well she didn't say anything about the airbrush station I put in the basement, buggy parts in the basement, helicopter collection on my dresser in our bedroom, but after seeing the buggies in my office she made a comment about how my hobby is getting a little out of control.
Well, I showed her this video and told her, "It could be worse".

For this one go to 5:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpUgDQjApGk

For this one go to 3:30, it's unreal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idu2mCg_GcQ
Holy Krap! He's probably just looking for a fast one to win with....
Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Synergy View Post

I sent this one to my GF...she thought it was "so true"...but funny. Got a good one!