Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Boy is my wife mad at me! >

Boy is my wife mad at me!

Boy is my wife mad at me!

Old 08-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
I know a guy who did this with his traps for his wildlife control business! Wife came home early one day and just said I get to pick out a new dishwasher this evening. Later, asked the cleark which was the most expensive dishwasher they had and then said "WE will take it."

Lesson learned!!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

When my brother and I were about 8 we had a couple of radioshack trucks. We had a spot for them on a shelf that our dad would put them so the dogs didn't get them. Thr radios automatically shut off after 3-5 minutes of inactivity. Did i forget to mention that this shelf was located close to a glass table....yeah. One day I forgot to turn off the truck about 15 minuts later is gets some kind of signal as we are all sitting in the living room and we hear the steering twitching. We all look over as it get full throtle flys out of the book shelf and nose dives right through the the table. Mom not happy!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

awesome thread!

Mine is a little different. I had been painting several bodies (over about a weeks time) in the garage. I had been clearing the nozzles by flipping them over and spraying until it came clean. I didn't notice at first I was making a nice multicolored flower on the wall but when my wife walked out she sure did..... Luckily I happened to have some white paint left over from another project and that covered it up after a few coats...

Second one was my wife decided she was going to (finally) paint her new slash body (I had destroyed the last one bashing around). She called me at work and asked where to paint and without thinking I told her in the garage. I came home to a nice bright green outline on the floor, along with some nice green overspray on my 1:1 Supra that stays parked in the garage, the rims on the Supra, and partial overspray on her 1:1 car....

I think we are even at this point....
Old 08-09-2011, 10:39 AM
pgk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks guys!
I don't feel so bad now after reading all 60 plus hilarious threads. Luckliy I was able to clean the carpet and get most of the rubber marks off. I should have taken a picture before I cleaned it. If anyone else has any more stories feel free to add your .02

Pete
Old 08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Well about a month ago I decided to solder on the kitchen table and solder together a new adapter for my charger, and as soon as I got a nice blob of solder on my soldering iron....It dropped and left a nice silver splatter mark on the table
Old 08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

My wife gets pissed when we have a unopened entertainment system to be built, new babys crib to be built, about 5 pictures to hang up, and the grass mowed but somehow my brand new losi 22 that came in last week is fully built and almost perfectly tuned.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Now she'll get to indulge in one of HER hobbies: home renovations, beginning with new carpets, furnishings & paint to match.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM
pgk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXX8ight View Post
My wife gets pissed when we have a unopened entertainment system to be built, new babys crib to be built, about 5 pictures to hang up, and the grass mowed but somehow my brand new losi 22 that came in last week is fully built and almost perfectly tuned.
LMFAO
Old 08-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Everyone of these pages had me laughing, good stories hope we can hear more.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

I was gluing tires with no shirt on an a pair of sweat pants. I dripped some glue on my stomach and some how managed to get the sweat pants strings attached to my stomach. I tried for a good 15-20 mins to get it unstuck but it friggin hurt, so I gave up and had to show my wife what I did so she could get something to remove it. Incidentally, nail polish remover worked pretty well, but it gave me a rash or chemical burn or something lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Hilarious thread...My favourite is the truck in the dish washer...
Old 01-21-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awesome thread, thought i would revive it. Any new stories?
Old 01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I glued some tires to the kitchen counter when I flipped them over to glue the other side...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sonora View Post
Try that and let me know how it goes.
He is from Alabama, not new york. Some places in the south men still run the roost.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Got back into the R/C game around August last year. New Slash 4x4 for me. New stampede 4x4 for kid. 5 other cars and trucks now.

Wife and son just got back from Disney yesterday. We are close to even at this point. At least, as far as she knows.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service