Boy is my wife mad at me!

Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

<grabbs popcorn and tracks thread>
Old 08-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

My wife decided to use my heat gun to defrost our freezer instead of her new blow drier. We burnt up the old one doing the same thing. She put it in there and laid it down and walked away. It burnt a hole through the back of the freezer! Somehow it was still my fault!! LOL.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by skibucks View Post
You guys are too much lol... Here is one for you; I left a gallon of nitro sitting on the shelving unit in the garage. Then I had to run to the store, as I'm coming back I see the EX on top of her F150 scrubbing the shiit out of the windshield...I asked what are you doing, she says I filled my windshield washer fluid but it's all greasy....no more need to be said.

HAHAHAHA

i seriously had Sprite shoot out my nose.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by slaytanic View Post
My wife decided to use my heat gun to defrost our freezer instead of her new blow drier. We burnt up the old one doing the same thing. She put it in there and laid it down and walked away. It burnt a hole through the back of the freezer! Somehow it was still my fault!! LOL.
It's always our fault. Awesome story.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default better you than me

1) Do not take your car outside for the first spin after a fresh build with your wife and do NOT tell it its not a dangerous toy. I took my blitz ese flying up and down the road and was jumping the ditches in front of my house later at night. My wife was standing at the end of the rocky drive watching me just tool around down the road. Well I got caught up in some loose dirt at just over 45mph and managed to take her toes and ankle out. She then proceeded to jump up and down in circles in the middle of the road on one foot and almost got hit by a full scale vehicle(Jeep) while worrying about her foot.

2) A house with a crawling baby is not a good thing. One of the other kids clipped the back end of the ese, changing direction of the truck, in turn taking out my less than one year olds elbow. Good thing the carpet is thick because the poor little girl face planted pretty hard into the carpet. Wife did not see that one, fortunately....

3) I am sure that most guys have done this...forgot to turn on radio before connecting battery. Well I did this on the kitchen countertop while half holding onto the car. Car took off leaving two 2' long tire burn streaks on the countertop and the car jumped the counter and took off into the other cabinets at full bore. I was so concerned about the car I forgot about the counter top and my wife happened to notice it and she was less than thrilled. I had my tailes between my legs cleaning up that mess...

Have to give props to my wife though...she did stay up late night to help my dye my chassis and all my parts because she knows all the ins and outs of Rit Dye.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I ran my savage flux for about 2 weeks with nimh batteries while waiting for my lipos to come, built a nice little ramp out front. Lipos are here lets jump this. Well being new to brushless and lipos I goose it a little off the ramp. The truck fly's through the air, bounces off the portable basketball hoop, and right through the front window of the house. Walked inside wife says "I hope you know that you are going to clean this up and replace that glass today". I reply "yup ( flipped the truck up and drove it down the stairs)". Then I pulled out my wallet and paid my son to clean it up.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Suspended

The other day there was a garage sale going on by my house and i wanted to drive my t-maxx. well i went full throttle up the curb and hit the garage sale sign with an arrow pointing to the right. i hurried up and went and picked the bent and ripped up sign before any one noticed. well i made the mistage and had the sign flipped around (arrow pointing left) for a whole half hour cars would turn left. its all downhill from there.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bscopes View Post
The other day there was a garage sale going on by my house and i wanted to drive my t-maxx. well i went full throttle up the curb and hit the garage sale sign with an arrow pointing to the right. i hurried up and went and picked the bent and ripped up sign before any one noticed. well i made the mistage and had the sign flipped around (arrow pointing left) for a whole half hour cars would turn left. its all downhill from there.
I LMAO at that.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just finished billding my losi 8ight. RX speed control 2000 kv motor 4 cell battery.took it to work. was running it at lunch. had a bout 50 people watching. ran it up the street turned around and a fork lift came around the corner and ran it over. it is now about 2 inches tall. The guys at work took up a collection and I made money on that one. but I almost lost my lunch when it happened
Old 08-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Our backyard looked like a Peruvian burial ground...lumps, bumps, and craters. It's something we as a family have ignored for years...
So I got the idea (from watching too much HGTV) that I would rent a Bobcat, level and grade the main portion of the yard, plant some grass and landscape a few areas, and give my wife a normal back yard...with grass and everything.

She was so excited that she agreed that my son (10) and I could use the Bobcat and all the extra dirt to make us a little practice track in the seldom used side of the backyard with a bunch of trees. We made plans, staked off the area, even got the bright orange spray paint and marked out our 60ish x 40ish area so we would all know what was happening and where.

The weekend I got the Bobcat she had to work...so me and junior fired it up and did the "work" in about 2 hours...then it was time to build the track. We stayed in our staked area, followed our plans, and before you know it we had a nice practice track with a main jump and some berms in the main turns.

Mama comes home from work eager to see our progress and is over the moon at all we have done...until she sees the track. 5 minutes of silence, then..."I didn't know that was going right there"..."I didn't know it would be that big"...etc etc etc. I showed her the plans, pointed out the stakes and spray paint...and all I got was a "whatever".

I decide to take Sunday off from track and yard work and just about have things smoothed over...when my son and his buddies decide to celebrate the new track with a 4 short course truck bash/race/test and tune, and I realize for the first time that my track was built right outside our master bedroom window. Back to square one with Mama... I see lots of new purses in her future, and I'm definately moving the driver's stand to the opposite side from the window.

Luckily it's been over a 100* for the last 34 days and the track has seen little use, the grass has grown in, and I'm out of the doghouse...until it cools off.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

My Cox Tomahawk had the old wiper style speed control and while driving it around in Mom's kitchen the wiper arm came off but stayed at full throttle. It took off and ran into the stove with a loud bang, heard throught out the house, and mom yelling me that if I don't "put it away I'll throw it away." While it only stayed peged for a few seconds it managed to dig 4 black groves per tire in to the floor. When I put everything away as fast as I could Mom knew that something happened and went to find out what. I had to scrub those tracks for almost 2 hours befor she let me give up!!! 20+ years yater they are still there. When parts became to hard to find I got an RC10 I was able to talk dad it to a Novak T4 so I wouldn't have the "problem in the kitchen" again.

These are great keep em coming!!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
I just finished billding my losi 8ight. RX speed control 2000 kv motor 4 cell battery.took it to work. was running it at lunch. had a bout 50 people watching. ran it up the street turned around and a fork lift came around the corner and ran it over. it is now about 2 inches tall. The guys at work took up a collection and I made money on that one. but I almost lost my lunch when it happened
That reminds me of my first build as a kid...a Tamiya Hot Shot 4x4. I was buzzing up and down the street when a car cam and rand clear over the middle. The damn car shot the Hot Shot out the back. It needed a new chassis bit it still ran and I have it to this day.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

had a lipo go up in smoke in the garage (which where me and my wife lived at the time was right under the master bedroom)......now mind you it was about 11pm 40* outside and raining and she is upstairs asleep.......the smell was so bad i had to throw my shirt out after it happened

i opened the side door and put my big floor fan in front of it which helped with some of the smoke, but i still froze my butt off

ended up throwing the battery outside in a big puddle of water and getting it the next morning!
Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

i decided i was ready to use liquid mask for the first time, up till this point all i had used was masking tape.

i knew that if i didn't drill the holes in the body first for the mounts, it would be difficult to see through the paint to do it after the body is painted. So, I mark up the outside of the body as to where I want the lines, and get the holes done for the mounts.

I start "painting" the liquid mask inside the body, making sure im getting all the nooks and crannies.

then i put it on the dogs crate to dry...he hadnt been using it in months.

checked on it a few hours later, and the dog is laying on the floor of the crate whimpering. turns out the liquid mask had dripped through the holes i had drilled, and he decided to give it a taste...still haven't lived down that Vet bill.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpK2pdLj7Y0

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service