R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-28-2004, 04:53 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Cool Custom Nitro Evader w/ Wasp .18

What's up? I'm new here; thought I'd introduce myself.

For Christmas of 2003 I decided to buy myself an off-road RC truck. At the time I wasn't willing to spend the cash for a monster truck. So, I decided to buy a stadium truck instead. Since I was totally new to the hobby I had no idea which truck would be best. After comparing ST's on Tower Hobbies I decided to buy the Nitro Evader.

At first I was very impressed; I'd never seen a RC vehicle go so fast. After a while, however, I became very frustrated because I was constantly fixing the thing. I don't believe I ever went out without breaking something. Duratrax's plastic breaks way too easily.

If I had known 10 months ago what I know today, I would have bought a RC10GT instead. However, I can say I'm very happy with this truck. But, honestly, only because I've replaced nearly every part on it. Yeah, it was very expensive, and most would agree not worth it. But, now the truck is bulletproof.

Here are a few pictures of the truck. I won't list the parts I've replaced right now because it will take a very long time. Just look at a stock Evader and you will know this truck is very different now....

From these pictures you might think this truck is a "shelf queen". Quite the contrary. I just happen to take most pictures when the truck is clean (here's a dirty one I took once to prove to somebody it does get dirty). I get this truck nasty as hell every time I go out and really enjoy running it in the muddiest places. You can't tell from the pictures, but most of the time I run the truck off-road. Of course, I live in the city so I had to set it up for on-road use too.

I'll have a few short videos up soon. Looking forward to this forum.

amsterdamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:33 PM   #2
Tech Regular

what up dude! welcome to the hobby nice looking evader to.
you must have spent alot of money on that thing. hows that wasp .18 working for you? looks fast.
terrible ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Thanks. Yeah, it took a lot of money. But, I make a decent living and everything was purchased over an eleven month period... although, I hate to add it all up.

The Wasp is kick-ass. I'm much happier with it than the DTX engine. It's very easy to tune and starts up the first time, every time (I use a hand starter instead of that crappy pull-start). I'll post some short videos soon where you can see the truck run for yourself.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:17 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Yeah, so a friend of mine built a go-kart track in his backyard. How cool is that? Lucky for me it doubles as a RC track. Good stuff. He built a ramp for me and another friend brought his video camera. Here's the link:

RCVideo/Evader/

There are three videos at an average of 5mb each. Right click on them, "save target as...."
Old 11-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Dude, that things killer! i'ts fast too.
i have a RC10 GT myself.
terrible ted is offline   Reply With Quote