R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   2 stage pistons...Do they work? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/535862-2-stage-pistons-do-they-work.html)

nytryder 07-25-2011 04:41 PM

2 stage pistons...Do they work?

Absolutely!! I just had rc shox make me a set of their custom 2 stage pistons for my d8 shocks and they work incredibly well. They decreased my lap times considerably on indoor clay, and the improvement is even more noticeable on rougher tracks. I hate to post about something as "secret" as shock pistons, but these flat out work.

symmetricon 07-25-2011 06:00 PM

Yes!! I have been using some of the dual stage pistons from rcshox.com as well in my rc8be ans sc10 4x4 and they are awesome!

K-Line 07-25-2011 06:14 PM

he answered his own question!!!!! WHAT!!!!!

nytryder 07-25-2011 06:18 PM

It was rhetorical.lol

20 SMOKE 07-25-2011 06:41 PM

rpm made them years ago there not a new secret

indybobb 07-25-2011 07:00 PM

Yep, rcshox pistons work great. Got them in my Caster S10B and made a HUGE difference, will get a set for EX1.5 as well. This are well worth the money guys, and Marcus is great to deal with and allways willing to help.

Z4Kevo 07-25-2011 07:05 PM

Just bought some RC Shox pistons for my Tekno D8. Excited about installing them and giving it a go. :D

fredswain 07-26-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE (Post 9438487)
rpm made them years ago there not a new secret

Theirs didn't work all that well though which is why it never took off. The fit quality of them was terrible.

henry 07-26-2011 08:03 AM

I wonder if rc shox plans on coming out with those two-stage pistons for the Associated 1/10th scale shocks?

fredswain 07-26-2011 08:12 AM

He can make whatever you need. Just tell him. It takes time to fill out a product line. I may want a set for an old RC10 anyways.

pakk 07-26-2011 08:17 AM

hmmmm...... They make these for K big bores. So how do these work?

Mac The Knife 07-26-2011 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by symmetricon (Post 9438243)
Yes!! I have been using some of the dual stage pistons from rcshox.com as well in my rc8be ans sc10 4x4 and they are awesome!

What fluid are you starting out with for the SC10 4x4?

IOP_Racer 07-26-2011 08:26 AM

Are the pistons on the website for the RC8 are they for the big bore shocks or the normal shocks? Also do the shocks come with optional pistons?

Derry 07-26-2011 08:37 AM

ANyone know if the price on the website is for all 4 or 2 pistons like the pic shows?

MantisWorx 07-26-2011 09:25 AM

ok, let me try and answer all of your questions! im at the machine making them right now about to go out and get more delrin!

the price is for 4 complete pistons

the pistons for the RC8 are the bigger ones that come on the new RC8e

im installing them on a Factory kyosho USA drivers car today! he drove my RB5 last weekend and couldnt believe it. they work phenomenal on the big bores. a nice stepping stone is to run the RCshox pistons on the STD velvets and save 115.00!!

i have pistons for 1/10 AE already in the making, will be ready next week.

yes RPM made a similar back in the 90's since then ALOT of things have changed. they only made them one size and to be honest i dont know what shocks they fit???? i have a set of them and its a bad size, will not fit AE,or kyosho but maybe losi , not sure.

At any rate i have gobs and gobs of man hours in testing these, probably made 150 pair of pistons over the last few months finding the right ratio and combo. Instead of handing them to really good drivers i handed them to drivers that have potential to get better and have an understanding of how suspension is supposed to work and would listen to what i was saying. its hard to get a tenth of a second out of someone who is already blistering fast but getting a full second out of someone who is slightly better than average is a better comparison in my opinion. symmetricon dropped almost a full second off of his quick time in less than 7 days! i smashed all of the track records in the same time frame. Those of you that know me know that im a pretty quick guy so for me to be able to beat my own times by almost a half a second is a big accomplishment. but enough about me! i think these pistons are one of the missing links in RC racing, try some and see!

now i gotta get back on the machine!:D