Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Can someone tell me the difference between kyosho 4wd buggies. >

Can someone tell me the difference between kyosho 4wd buggies.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can someone tell me the difference between kyosho 4wd buggies.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default Can someone tell me the difference between kyosho 4wd buggies.

Ie, the rb5, zx5, zx5sp, Fs, fs2, etc? I've got liposuction but they are not saddle packs I'd like to utilize so does that mean the Fs models are out? Are the benefit of the Fs worth the added money for a club racer?

Thanks
Dave
Old 07-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hey man!i just picked up a lazer sp,which is a stick pak car from dr vanostrum at the timewarp.as you may or may not know,paul has had every version of this car..sp,fs,fs2 and he will tell you that the stik pak car is every bit as good as the saddle pak car.he has ran 26 laps with both cars!the one thing about the older cars like the one i have is that they have a one way in the front so off power-braking is rear only.it is taking me some getting used to but i believe paul is right,and feal there all pretty close for club racing.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There are 4 versions that I'm aware of. In order of release, there is the zx5, sp, fs, and fs2. The rb5 is 2wd. The first two are stick pack and the second two are saddle (I think "stick pack" and "for saddle" to remind myself, although stick and saddle both start with s so I've confused that before too. ). The later of each has updates from the previous that are interchangeable as far as I know. I like the convenience of the stick packs, although make sure you're using packs of similar weight since it can affect side to side balance.

Like Hank mentioned they seem to drive pretty similar as the Dr has tested with his fleet of kyoshos. The saddle chassis is a touch longer which helps stability on a big outdoor track, but the shorter wheelbase seems to turn in a little quicker on the smaller tracks. BTW Hank, try it with the locked front too. I liked that a little better, at least on the last layout.

I've actually considered changing from kyosho to a b44 (.1 maybe) to make more parts interchangeable with my b4. I have the first version with a bunch of parts and tires if you're interested.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks much, sp it is..
Originally Posted by hanker71
hey man!i just picked up a lazer sp,which is a stick pak car from dr vanostrum at the timewarp.as you may or may not know,paul has had every version of this car..sp,fs,fs2 and he will tell you that the stik pak car is every bit as good as the saddle pak car.he has ran 26 laps with both cars!the one thing about the older cars like the one i have is that they have a one way in the front so off power-braking is rear only.it is taking me some getting used to but i believe paul is right,and feal there all pretty close for club racing.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Ie, the rb5, zx5, zx5sp, Fs, fs2, etc? I've got liposuction but they are not saddle packs I'd like to utilize so does that mean the Fs models are out? Are the benefit of the Fs worth the added money for a club racer?

Thanks
Dave
by the way... don't ya hate it when your phone makes it sound like you've had cosmetic surgery?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Timmahhh
by the way... don't ya hate it when your phone makes it sound like you've had cosmetic surgery?
iPad ftw. Are parts. Readily available?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
iPad ftw. Are parts. Readily available?
Yeah, lith ht has everything I've needed for mine, although that hasn't been much so far. I think there is full parts availability for all 4 versions, though I haven't confirmed they have all of it in stock. Dr v and Brian over there both got carbon plate chassis and a bunch of aluminum for theirs online too. I think the first of the 4 only came out in like 2007, which is still pretty recent compared to the b4 which came out in 2003. I think kyosho just likes releasing new versions of their cars... which would explain why they had the (Turbo) Optima... pro... mid... se... custom 4wd's from years ago.