R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-22-2004, 02:32 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default good racing equipment for 1/8th scale buggy

he guys i'm purchasing the new xb8 and would like to purchase like quality items such as motor and controller servos etc... mone really isnt an issue but i dont want to go crazy either. anyway i've been looking at the sirio.21 and the rb ws72. also cmb. cant quite make up my mind on that yet but would like some feed back on those motors. i've been looking for controllers. the only experiance i've had with those is jr and stock rtr controllers. might go pcm but was kinda leaning towards the jr xs3 pro. any other good ones. airtronics? same for servos. thanks for the input guys. much appreciated.

adam

Brushless is more fun.
plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 02:40 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to KINGZJ

xs3 pro is a great radio as for the sirio engine I would stay away from it. Personally I like the picco/omega engines they are supa easy to tune and are very fast otherwise a nova p5 is another good choice. As for servos the only ones I have found to be worth a darn in 1/8 are Futaba 9350's I use them and have yet to have one fail all other types I have had problems with.
KINGZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #3
Tech Elite

If you're in the market for a synthesized radio, look at the Airtronics MX-3..it's comparable to the XS3 but more comfortable (to me at least).

I've got a Sirio .21 and Airtronics 94359's in my OFNA/Jammin' car...only the best!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:47 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well thanks for the input guys. i am now the proud owner of an RB WS72 and a JRXS3 PRO. i couldnt resist the urge to buy when there was a customer appreciation day. no gst and "FREE" hat or t-shirt. woo hoo. anyway $885 CDN later and i still am looking to spend another 1500 or so to get right up to par with the other club racers. look out wcorcs here i come. i might even be able to get in the top ten next year. quick question also. is the airtronics servos compatible with the jr radios. i dont particularily like jr servos. had a few problems with them before. anyway thanks.

adam

Brushless is more fun.
plumbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 06:46 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

a servo is a servo. any brand will work with any other brand receiver. Airtronics 94358 go quite well with the xs3
eltorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 08:28 AM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I agree 358's are awsome.