Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Opinions on 1/10 4X4 SC truck... NO FIGHTING

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm an Avid Losi hater, but I drive their SCTE. It's pretty sweet once you add the carbon fibre shock towers, you'll bend the stock and hop-up aluminum ones.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you still had the slash 4x4 I would say just get a ssclcg chassis for it and be JUST AS FAST with it as any of the other choices but much more durable.

But, since you're looking for anything but a slash 4x4 then go with a LOSI. Out of the box it's competetive, but it will have its own little issues like the rest.
Just my 2 cents..
Old 07-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
Almost, I get to dump my home made sway bars and install actual factory pieces. I expect to be able to do better tuning with them.
Great..I don't need you any faster.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer
These are GREAT answers guys... thanks so much. Im surprised that the Losi truck has so many votes.

I have NO shops near me... I have to buy everything online so in that respect it makes no difference. Im going to look into the Losi a little more.

I have NO ONE to run with... im the only guy who runs RC around me and have no tracks in my area so ill only run this truck once a year really... for about 3 days. So setup time is going to be an issue. If it takes a while to setup or is difficult to setup I wont have the time to tweak it...

I guess ill look closer at the ofna based trucks and the losi... any more info or suggestions is appreciated.
Man, if you really are only going to run once a year buy a slash 4wd RTR. Parts are everywhere, traxxas will send most parts to you for free, durable, fun, and above all else it's cheaper by far than what the Losi/AE will cost when all said and done.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have both...

AE - Good
Losi - Better

Pick your poison, both will get you to A-B fast.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
Almost, I get to dump my home made sway bars and install actual factory pieces. I expect to be able to do better tuning with them.
smart move! i didn't think it would change much but boy was i surprised!
Old 07-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I really like the look of the 10SC bump edition 2.1... for the money it appears to be fairly upgraded out of the box... again... its just an observation. The losi better be good LOL... its more expensive than any of the others.

Will an SCT/3800 combo be enough for these trucks? I also have an MMP/2400 combo... just curious what would be best.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

I really like the look of the 10SC bump edition 2.1... for the money it appears to be fairly upgraded out of the box... again... its just an observation. The losi better be good LOL... its more expensive than any of the others.

Will an SCT/3800 combo be enough for these trucks? I also have an MMP/2400 combo... just curious what would be best.
MMP/3800 is what you want, the 2400 is better on 3s. It will work geared 18-20t and I have ran it both indoors and out.
The 3800 is by far the best motor IMO for this truck..because of price and performance. Geared 15-17t
Old 07-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

The SCT ESC that comes with the 3800kv combo will not work on the Losi, its to heavy.... It will work with the AE but you will be pushing it to its limits, adding a fan will help though....... If you are going to go with the losi use your mmp and the 3800kv motor...... Both are great rc's, I owned both the scte and sc10 4x4, I sold my scte to get my sc10 and I couldn't be happier........ I really love the design of the sc10, even though people complain about it being a PITA to work on, but to me thats what makes it fun and semi-challenging....... It doesn't matter to me which is better right out of the box because I love working on them just as much as I love racing them....... In the end though you'd be happy with either choice, but thats just my opinion......
Old 07-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

It's $299, buy it from amain and use a coupon code for $25 off. I mean, if you want the best and all.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
The SCT ESC that comes with the 3800kv combo will not work on the Losi, its to heavy.... It will work with the AE but you will be pushing it to its limits, adding a fan will help though....... If you are going to go with the losi use your mmp and the 3800kv motor...... Both are great rc's, I owned both the scte and sc10 4x4, I sold my scte to get my sc10 and I couldn't be happier........ I really love the design of the sc10, even though people complain about it being a PITA to work on, but to me thats what makes it fun and semi-challenging....... It doesn't matter to me which is better right out of the box because I love working on them just as much as I love racing them....... In the end though you'd be happy with either choice, but thats just my opinion......
That was a very good description of the AE... I don't mind wrenching just as long as it's not pressed between rounds. With the AE you learn much more about how to set-up your truck, it's not as forgiving out of the box.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
That was a very good description of the AE... I don't mind wrenching just as long as it's not pressed between rounds. With the AE you learn much more about how to set-up your truck, it's not as forgiving out of the box.
Thanks, yeah it would suck if your servo went out right before one of the mains, g'luck getting that fixed in time lol......... But honestly the design of the sc10 to me is one of a kind compared to other sct's....... The losi is just another version of the ten-t or 810, and honestly I liked the ten-t better then the scte lol......... Wish I would of kept the ten-t
Old 07-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the Associated trucks look to be very well designed buy maybe with more of an entry level in mind?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

So based on all your suggestions Ive been looking around (this is why I asked for help in the first place... just to give me some direction)

I know now that I dont want an associated... im not a fan of belts... lots of bad experiences in the past.

I like the look of the Losi truck... but I also like the look of the Hyper 10SC... upon closer inspection it looks like the bump edition 2.1 is just a different chassis... which I dont need to spend that much extra on.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hyper 10sc fan here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.