Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 AM
  #13411  
Tech Adept
 
millerdui's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 103
Default

hey guys, i been so wrapped up in my 1/8th racing i havent been able to keep up with the 1/10 scale.
???? is the new T4.1 gear diff a direct fit to replace the old ball diffs?
I hope so but if not is it possible to order the complete new tranny and put it on an older T4.
THANKS!!
millerdui is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 12:00 PM
  #13412  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Quad Racer 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

What do you guy have your ride height set at on the B4's? I'm running Cav's CRCRC indoor setup with black rear springs and 25wt oil and seems like it bounces and bottoms out too much..
Quad Racer 34 is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 01:25 PM
  #13413  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
What do you guy have your ride height set at on the B4's? I'm running Cav's CRCRC indoor setup with black rear springs and 25wt oil and seems like it bounces and bottoms out too much..
Run anywhere between 24 and 25 mm. Thats arms just a tad above level on the front and bones just above level in the rear. That setup from 09 is real finiky and should only be used in really similar conditions. Its not that great of a setup outdoors. If your outside and running in the heat u need to go up in oil a little, and ditch those blacks springs. Go up to greens.
aeRayls is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 01:27 PM
  #13414  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by millerdui View Post
hey guys, i been so wrapped up in my 1/8th racing i havent been able to keep up with the 1/10 scale.
???? is the new T4.1 gear diff a direct fit to replace the old ball diffs?
I hope so but if not is it possible to order the complete new tranny and put it on an older T4.
THANKS!!
The gear diff is not a direct replacement. Youll need the complete gear diff(of course) the new tranny case, the new rear chassis plate, and 2 10x16mm bearings.
aeRayls is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
  #13415  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Quad Racer 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
Run anywhere between 24 and 25 mm. Thats arms just a tad above level on the front and bones just above level in the rear. That setup from 09 is real finiky and should only be used in really similar conditions. Its not that great of a setup outdoors. If your outside and running in the heat u need to go up in oil a little, and ditch those blacks springs. Go up to greens.
Thanks. I'm running on very similar dirt. very high traction just like it. actually the same guy that built that track built/runs this one. I'll try setting my ride height to that and a little heavier oil then see how I like it. I might go with the green springs.
Quad Racer 34 is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 03:57 PM
  #13416  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Oh your running at the rc factory. You should try cavs b4.1 setup from portland. it is really good indoors and should be alot better for your track.
aeRayls is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:51 PM
  #13417  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
mjk1210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,539
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
Run anywhere between 24 and 25 mm. Thats arms just a tad above level on the front and bones just above level in the rear. That setup from 09 is real finiky and should only be used in really similar conditions. Its not that great of a setup outdoors. If your outside and running in the heat u need to go up in oil a little, and ditch those blacks springs. Go up to greens.
I agree. Even just switching to green springs will make a difference. I was bottoming out a little on a couple jumps that had a poor downside built and with the greens I could land it nicely without a bounce and get on the throttle again quick.
mjk1210 is offline  
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
  #13418  
Tech Regular
 
Ae*Driver*70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 264
Thumbs up AE Is Killer Of All......

Originally Posted by monkee View Post
does jconcepts only sell their wheels in sets of 4?

and what tires are best for their wheels?

looking at the
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Wheel-Yellow-4
Yes they only come in set of 4. All tires mount up and glue with very little cutting .Rule of Thumb always Trim the Losi Tires Especially the Pink !
Ae*Driver*70 is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 02:53 AM
  #13419  
Tech Adept
 
millerdui's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
The gear diff is not a direct replacement. Youll need the complete gear diff(of course) the new tranny case, the new rear chassis plate, and 2 10x16mm bearings.
thanks, now if they just do the same for the b44 i will be set
millerdui is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 AM
  #13420  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I just got a rtr b4.1, I want to change the servo to a JR 9100s but I cant find right servo arm... What does everyone use for these cars?
litoo7 is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:12 AM
  #13421  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by litoo7 View Post
I just got a rtr b4.1, I want to change the servo to a JR 9100s but I cant find right servo arm... What does everyone use for these cars?
Just pick up the standard servo arm kit from AE #ASC9180

this will have the correct servo horn for you.
Jmuck69 is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 AM
  #13422  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

thanks
litoo7 is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:26 AM
  #13423  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (32)
 
Liv2race's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delawhere?
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, what do they mean when they say " motor cogs" or is "cogging" ?
Liv2race is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 AM
  #13424  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
R40Victim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: N.W. FL___L.A.___Lower Alabama
Posts: 7,827
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm trying to get more steering. I have the ribbed front tires, is there something more aggressive?
R40Victim is offline  
Old 08-16-2010, 08:41 AM
  #13425  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (32)
 
Liv2race's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delawhere?
Posts: 396
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
I'm trying to get more steering. I have the ribbed front tires, is there something more aggressive?
softer springs maybe ?........or some Schumacher front spikes
Liv2race is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.