Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 AM
  #13381  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mxracer458 View Post
You have a link to that set up I run high bite smooth clau
Its on ae's site, you have to download the manual to see it. How high bite is your track? Which tires? Trackside is "slicks" type high bite.
aeRayls is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 AM
  #13382  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcdude19641 View Post
Check out Ryan Cavalieri's setup from Trackside. I know it's old but this is the same setup I ran on my truck the last time I ran at OCRC and it was pretty good.



The plastic arms flex more which gives the car more traction. More traction = easier to drive and more driveable. The only time I don't run plastic arms is on the super high bite blue groove tracks.
What is the Lipo ballast (#7488) going to consist of?
Jmuck69 is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
  #13383  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,480
Default

Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
What is the Lipo ballast (#7488) going to consist of?
#7488
B4.1 Rear Ballast Weight

Fits: SC10 FT, B4.1 FT, T4.1 FT, SC10 2.4 GHz RTR
17g Zinc alloy cast weight for more rearward weight bias.
Mates with #7487 arm mount for a completely captured fit with the chassis. Weight and mount retro-fit B4, T4, SC10 kits.
Easy to install
Chris Jarosz is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:46 AM
  #13384  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (47)
 
mxracer458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: so cal
Posts: 3,983
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
Gold springs for that one. Its a really good setup for high bite. I think it worked better with the weight of nimh though, especially on high bite clay tracks like trackside. The new FT T4.1 setup is really good too. Been running it all year with a variations at diff. tracks.
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
Its on ae's site, you have to download the manual to see it. How high bite is your track? Which tires? Trackside is "slicks" type high bite.
Barcodes or suburbs good traction
mxracer458 is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM
  #13385  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,061
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcdude19641 View Post
#7488
B4.1 Rear Ballast Weight

Fits: SC10 FT, B4.1 FT, T4.1 FT, SC10 2.4 GHz RTR
17g Zinc alloy cast weight for more rearward weight bias.
Mates with #7487 arm mount for a completely captured fit with the chassis. Weight and mount retro-fit B4, T4, SC10 kits.
Easy to install
Very nice! Any pics on the AE website soon?
Jmuck69 is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:39 AM
  #13386  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mxracer458 View Post
Barcodes or suburbs good traction
Give the 4.1 setup a try, its good. Except run 35wt oil in the front, try cutting a 1 coil off the blue front springs too. I like the truck with no weight added and the .5 hubs or 1* hubs. Ive been using losi 57 pistons in the front and 55's in the rear with 35wt all around and its great too.
aeRayls is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:15 PM
  #13387  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
monkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cda, idaho
Posts: 897
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

my front wheels are hitting the arms...
to the point where it will stop the wheel while turning.
guy at the track said that the b4 may have 2 different types of steering knuckles and there might be different ones depending upon the size tire/wheel you use..

is this true?



monkee is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:18 PM
  #13388  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tacompton,WA
Posts: 3,074
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by monkee View Post
my front wheels are hitting the arms...
to the point where it will stop the wheel while turning.
guy at the track said that the b4 may have 2 different types of steering knuckles and there might be different ones depending upon the size tire/wheel you use..

is this true?



You have the black spacer in the wrong spot... lol
Shirk is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:19 PM
  #13389  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

You got the caster on blocks back wards , (you have the left block on the right arm)
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:20 PM
  #13390  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
monkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cda, idaho
Posts: 897
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

lol shoot...

really thats it??
now i feel really stupid
monkee is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:34 PM
  #13391  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tacompton,WA
Posts: 3,074
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
You got the caster on blocks back wards , (you have the left block on the right arm)
I dont think he has the caster block on backwards....
Shirk is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM
  #13392  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

sorry spacer fer sure, The block appears to be on correct arm.
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:14 PM
  #13393  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
monkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cda, idaho
Posts: 897
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

yah that was it.
the turning radius is much more now
thanks


other question...
is there any other option for the front wheels other than the little shaft held on by an e-clip inside the steering knuckle?
something stronger than an e-clip?
or a way to alter the front into a larger shaft for different wheels?
monkee is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:38 PM
  #13394  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (168)
 
Matt Trimmings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 6,241
Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by monkee View Post
yah that was it.
the turning radius is much more now
thanks


other question...
is there any other option for the front wheels other than the little shaft held on by an e-clip inside the steering knuckle?
something stronger than an e-clip?
or a way to alter the front into a larger shaft for different wheels?
As for the front axles...lunsford sells some titanium ones that screw on (as well as AE now i believe). As for different wheels...you could always make something work but nothing is currently available and you would probably run into other issues.
Matt Trimmings is offline  
Old 08-12-2010, 11:47 PM
  #13395  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
monkee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: cda, idaho
Posts: 897
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

is this it?
looks like it screws in from the back rather than e-clipping

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Front-Axles-2


monkee is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.