Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 04-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

You’re all wrong.

All r/c shocks suck. Too a point. They all leak, they all wear and it all has to do with your maintenance schedule. And your not going to stop it from happening. Well you can, do race it.

So if you're going to tell us on the forum that your shocks don't leak, then why would you bother to replace the shock oil, since your the shocks are so good?

I did a full rebuild on my shocks last night and was having a hell of a time getting the little spaces to push in smoothly. Trim a bit here, trim a bit off there. What a pain. I got to the front shocks and split an o-ring and had to open a new packet and decided to use some of parts of the other tree. Fitted perfectly, first go and no extra trimming. I’ve never had plastic shock parts that fitted so poorly, now I know what to look for and why some of you drivers have had problems rebuilding shocks.

If it does not fit first go, then throw the whole tree out.

So have we come to the conclusion the AE shocks are better then K shocks????
FTJ (fuel the jet). It took that long to build the shocks I got to watch a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJv9XHvAJoE

We have the pleasure of Jared Tebo attending one of our electric race meets here in Perth, Australia, on the weekend, so I may ask him for his opinion, not that I’m going to post is reply here.

Keep up the debate, I’m enjoying it.

Last edited by Boz; 04-08-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have had no problems building the ae shocks and there is nothing wrong with the ae shock, they work very well and I like them. The k shock is way smoother and that's just the way it is. Is the k shock better? That is debatable but I don't think they are. Just my .02.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

k shock isnt smoother... they are the same
Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Legend

Ae shocks outperform K shocks , that's all I know...

The new orange slipper pads ?

heard...
enable to run a looser slipper
kinda like the old orange pads
Old 04-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

oh ya baby i got the old orange ones from brownie.. they are DIALED haha

on tuesday we put the losi slipper setup on mikes truck... it worked pretty good he said.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Ae shocks outperform K shocks , that's all I know...

The new orange slipper pads ?

heard...
enable to run a looser slipper
kinda like the old orange pads
Dude your 100% worng. I've talk to BK, tebo, and all the others who had AE shocks, then went to k shocks, or the car like tebo. I talked to Brian and he said there the best quality and last the longest I have not change my seals in months! I ask tebo hey how often do you change your seals and what do you think of k shocks to AE shocks? He said k are way smother, and last the longest. When you go to bigger races like the winter champs in stead of your " local" trophey races. And dude your freaking high. I may be 17 years old but I know what I'm talking about.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Boz
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x60Driver View Post
Dude your 100% worng. I've talk to BK, tebo, and all the others who had AE shocks, then went to k shocks, or the car like tebo. I talked to Brian and he said there the best quality and last the longest I have not change my seals in months! I ask tebo hey how often do you change your seals and what do you think of k shocks to AE shocks? He said k are way smother, and last the longest. When you go to bigger races like the winter champs in stead of your " local" trophey races. And dude your freaking high. I may be 17 years old but I know what I'm talking about.
And your age says it all! You can’t hold a normal conversation?

It’s not that you know what you’re talking about, it’s that you’re just repeating other people opinions and comments.

Some of the drivers here on the forum have probably done a lot of traveling over the years and there are stages in our lives when other things have priority over R/C. But at 17 you already full of knowledge and wisdom.

We put so much into this hobby and then there are the few people like you…

“and dude your freaking high” What!!! Is that what you and your little sister say to each other or are you just a copier.

Have not changed you shock seals in months? What does the rest of your car look like?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

I talked to my Granny last night and she confirmed that K shocks definetly beat out AE shocks every time!

But seriously, can the Mods put a filter on this thread to prevent the mention of the word "Shock"? This girlish bickering is getting old FAST and diluting the other interesting posts here. There is nothing interesting or constructive about it. Each just use whatever you like, convinced that it's the best, and go show proof of it on your local tracks. That's the best advice I can give you...

Or start a specific thread on the Kshocks vs AE shocks with aa detailed Title. That way we can easily avoid this childish discussion.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

New to off road. Need some gearing help. I have a T-4 with a SPX. My motor is a 17.5 Duo 2. I guess the stock spur is a 87t. Any help would be great. Track is a small indoor, red clay surface.Thanks
Old 04-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CODMAN View Post
I talked to my Granny last night and she confirmed that K shocks definetly beat out AE shocks every time!

But seriously, can the Mods put a filter on this thread to prevent the mention of the word "Shock"? This girlish bickering is getting old FAST and diluting the other interesting posts here. There is nothing interesting or constructive about it. Each just use whatever you like, convinced that it's the best, and go show proof of it on your local tracks. That's the best advice I can give you...

Or start a specific thread on the Kshocks vs AE shocks with aa detailed Title. That way we can easily avoid this childish discussion.
+1
Old 04-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

of course they are going to say they are better, they are given money and parts to run the product. did it make them faster? NO! - your a idiot, get some experience dude.

he said "like the midwest champs" hahahaah my little brother has more big race "nat" level racing experience then you LOL

Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Legend

Tip

1st
You really need to open your mind ...

2nd dump that oil out and replace those seals and like now !!!

They are so swollen now that they are slowing you down big time ...

TEBO ?

He tells you that crap cus he has to ...

3rd Ask Tebo
why he is still getting defeated by a B-4 every race ...
Old 04-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tip

1st

2nd dump that oil out and replace those seals and like now !!!

They are so swollen now that they are slowing you down big time ...

TEBO ?

3rd Ask Tebo
No your worng agian! we won the winter champs in all of his classes. You need to open your mind Mr.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Tip

1st

That's ^^ got to be one of your silliest statements.

TEBO ?

So does Scott Brown

3rd Ask Tebo
#1 he doesn't every race, #2 When he does, it's the same 1 or 2 B4's he lost to when he was driving one himself.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Legend

Race a B-4 , and then your mind will be opened....

Slipper Adjustment Technique for Ae B-4

How do you know you are doing correctly ?

One way to find out is really easy , just hold the rear of the car firmly on the ground and give the car a short burst of power..

If you do not hear the slipper slip or your diff barks ,that's a bad for your B-4 performance....

You need to hear that slipper slip....

The best weapon the B-4 has is it slipper !

Ae's slipper give it a significant advantage on the competition...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.