Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
www.rc10.com

Best of luck...
Note really sure what I'm supposed to do with that link...?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think the buggy or the stadium truck are dying. Many people have predicted their demise before and they have been wrong. I think modern day communication such as forums, blogs, and fanned the sct flames. As a class I think the sct has good chances of long term viability. I think where it will be in danger in the long run is in markets where the entire market is the Slash Spec. For example, at my local track they do not even have a Stock SCT class. They have Slash Spec (segmented into 2wd and 4wd) and SCT Open.

The T4.1 and B4.1 brushless are very competitively priced and I think hobby shops and AE alike may have underestimated the demand, but they better start shipping soon.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Also I've talked to people with T4s and SC10s and they got tired of trying to race a SC truck and having it be a bash fest so they are getting rid of it and sticking to racing their stadium truck..LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Burl Swift View Post
Note really sure what I'm supposed to do with that link...?

You could look up The T-4.1 and compared that kit to the other versions of the T-4 kits also available....
Old 03-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrianTx01 View Post
I don't think the buggy or the stadium truck are dying. Many people have predicted their demise before and they have been wrong. I think modern day communication such as forums, blogs, and fanned the sct flames. As a class I think the sct has good chances of long term viability. I think where it will be in danger in the long run is in markets where the entire market is the Slash Spec. For example, at my local track they do not even have a Stock SCT class. They have Slash Spec (segmented into 2wd and 4wd) and SCT Open.

The T4.1 and B4.1 brushless are very competitively priced and I think hobby shops and AE alike may have underestimated the demand, but they better start shipping soon.
Short Course Trucks are a fad...people that drive them love them...but when they start driving the 2WD buggy, they realize how much more nimble they actually are.

In off-road terms:

Short Course = NASCAR
2WD Buggy = Formula1
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Armaan View Post
Short Course Trucks are a fad...people that drive them love them...but when they start driving the 2WD buggy, they realize how much more nimble they actually are.

In off-road terms:

Short Course = NASCAR
2WD Buggy = Formula1
Hahaha yup I agree...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

A little slow with this info

Per Charlie Perez (AE Team Racer)

Moving the Steering Spindle Up and Down changes two things.

(1) It changes the Total down travel your front end has. More Down travel in the front will give you more predictable landing off of jumps. It will also give you less steering as you exit the corner on power. Less Down Travel in the front will make your car less predictable landing off of jumps, such as sticking into the dirt like a lawn dart if you land extremely nose down. The advantage of less down travel is increased corner exiting steering when you are on power. I like to use this adjustment to quickly see if increasing or decreasing the down travel in my shocks will provide the corner handling that I desire.

(2) The spindle height will also change the amount of bump steer your car has. Lowering the spindle will give the front end more Bump-In. Raising the spindle will give the front end more Bump-Out. This is if you do not add or take out any washers under the steering ball end. Bump-In will give you more steering entering and through the corner. It will also make your car feel more aggressive to initial steering inputs. Bump-Out will give you less steering entering the corner but more through and exiting the corner. So in high speed sweepers Bump-Out will give you a more consistent steering “Feel”. Bump-Out will also dull some of the initial steering inputs. I personally like to use Zero bump in or out. So if I change the height of the spindle I have to add or subtract shims from under the ball end to keep the Bump at Zero.

===

I was at my local track when a racer put a Slash on the track and we all laughed!!!!!!!!!!!!! September 2008, then in 60 days there was "Stock" and "Mod" classes!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

SCT certainly has a place. I race Stadium and 2wd mod but at the end of the day they're really the same thing, both overpowered 2wd vehicles. An SCT is really different from a 2wd buggy so I think there's more value in it. The Stock/Mod thing has to go (for all classes I think). It's an unecessary division that just dilutes things.

Charlie's explanation comes up a little short, it doesn't address the roll center change, which is a bigger part of it then ride height, we're talking .030" which wouldn't be noticable.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Charlie's info was about axle position, will look for his roll info.

Until then here is a bit about Ackerman and ball stud placement. These are answers to ? on http://www.rc10b4.com/forum/index.php? so they read a bit odd. :-)

Changing the steering link hole position in the steering rack (From front to back), with out changing the spindles to the inline version, will change the amount of Ackerman the front tires have when turned. Ackerman is the front tire angle difference when the tires are fully turned to the right or left. For example, if your car has no Ackerman, when the steering is fully turned both front tires will be at the same 45 degree angle. If you add Ackerman, the inside tire (the one closest to the apex of the turn) will be at an increased angle compared to the opposite front tire. For example, if you turn the front wheels fully to the right, the right tire will be at a 45 degree angle and the left tire will be at a 30 degree angle. This difference in front tire angle is called Ackerman.

Increasing Ackerman will tame the steering down and give you better high speed sweeper steering. Decreasing Ackerman will make the steering more aggressive high speed steering and give you better low speed 180 degree corner steering. So using the "Back" steering rack position will make your car a little easier to drive because it will tame down the steering, but it may also tame it down too much and make you too slow in the corners.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
SCT certainly has a place. I race Stadium and 2wd mod but at the end of the day they're really the same thing, both overpowered 2wd vehicles. An SCT is really different from a 2wd buggy so I think there's more value in it. The Stock/Mod thing has to go (for all classes I think). It's an unecessary division that just dilutes things.

Charlie's explanation comes up a little short, it doesn't address the roll center change, which is a bigger part of it then ride height, we're talking .030" which wouldn't be noticable.
This what your thinking about?

Had the ? that was ask thing time.

===

What is the difference between 1-B with 3 washers and 1-C with no washers?

The difference is the "arc" of the camber change as the suspension is compressed. When you fully compress the suspension these two setups may be at the same total negative camber, so it may seem that they are providing the same camber change result. The longer the camber link is, the more "Linear" the arc of the camber change is going to be. For example, if you put 1-C with no washers on your car and then set the camber at 0 degrees at ride height, then slowly push the rear end down, the negative camber will progressively increase at a steady or linear rate. If you put 1-B with 3 washers on your car and then set the camber at 0 degrees at ride height, then slowly push he rear end down, there will be a "Dead" spot where the camber will not change as you push it down, then aggressively change at the end of the suspension compression. Now the handling differnece between these two setups can be felt in the form of inconsistency. The speed at which you enter the corner will magnify the differences. The 1-C no washer will have the same side bite no matter how fast or slow you enter the corner. The 1-B three washer setup will be speed sensitive and have not enough side bite if you go too slow or too much side bite if you go too fast. Everything is a give and a take you may like the way the 1-C feels because it is consistent but it may not produce the maximum amount of corner speed that a 1-B setup may give you, even if it may be harder to drive.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tmail55 View Post
I was at my local track when a racer put a Slash on the track and we all laughed!!!!!!!!!!!!! September 2008, then in 60 days there was "Stock" and "Mod" classes!
That's funny!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Whats up with the new Diff on the 4.1?

Is it stronger, what? brushless, etc.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Chris - dont argue with George Cherry, he knows EVERYTHING.......... but how to make the A main ohhhhhhhhh boo blip
Originally Posted by teambighead View Post
You must not remember how the b3 front end went together compared to the new car.

On the b4, the shims are between the castor block and the steering knuckle. When you move the shims, the axle height changes, low/middle/high.

On the b3, the shims are on the top and or bottom of the castor block, they have no effect on the axle high. But rather the ballstud height of the kingpin ball stud.
SNAAAAP!!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Simple versions

Spindle down more intial steering, spindle up less

middle, well its the middle

ackerman

forward, more steering, back less
Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Armaan View Post

In off-road terms:

Short Course = NASCAR
2WD Buggy = Formula1
I love this comparison, it is so true.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.