Like Tree34Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Z View Post
That setup is definietly different than others I have seen lately. A few questions though for everyone to discuss and give their 2 cents on.

Why the non-milled motor plate?
Why plastic hinge pin brace and plastic bulkhead?
And why back to running weight in front of transmission and in the rear triangles again?

This can not qualify as a 'light weight' setup any longer and instead is now the new standard for 'Lipo Setup' that still uses weight to better balance the car?

Bob
Keep in mind when ever you add weight to either end of the car its going to want to change directions slower. so if you run an alum front bulkhead it will steer less from the front end. same with the rear......
Old 03-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Spacing over the motor seems a little overkill since the left side of the car is heavier no matter what (speed control) why not just compensate with weight to balance both the speedo and motor on the right side of the chassis?
Indeed...

Before I switched everything over I had to add 1oz to the receiver side to balance things out L to R. After the switch, L to R balance is dead on without adding any weight at all.
Attached Thumbnails RC10B4/T4 Forum-b4.jpg  
Old 03-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Indeed...

Before I switched everything over I had to add 1oz to the receiver side to balance things out L to R. After the switch, L to R balance is dead on without adding any weight at all.
looks kind of strange with the speedo on that side. Like a right hand drive car or something.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i all new to the b4 forums but have had a b44 which i just recently sold..this forum has great tools to use and apply. i have a few questions though

i went to the track today and was running the car and noticed that the car pushes a little in the front off power.do i need to raise the ball stud to regain the steering or just leave the washers out completely? also i just put the sxx stock spec in my car and love it!! the only thing is that when i ran 25t pinion and 78 spur the car came off pretty hot after about 10 min or so. the settings are at the default on the spedo.all i did was enable the lipo cut off. any suggestions on what pinion i should be using? motor is a x12 13.5

any help would be greatly appreciated i have a big race comming up on sat and would love some input high grip track as well..

just looking for my car to hook up nicely associated b4 ft carbon chassis w/reedy 5000 2c lipo
Old 03-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm looking into purchasing the T4.1 Brushless/2.4 RTR kit, and was wondering if someone could list out the differences between a regular T4 and the T4.1?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by BrianTx01 View Post
Anyone running a "heavy" set up? I got a new T4 on the way and I am thinking about adding enough weight to fully make up for the lipo battery to give it an old school feel.. I am just not what impact this will have on gearing. I race on indoor clay if this makes a difference.
I still run the Cavi setup, with a 1/4oz in each rear pocket and 1 oz back in
front of the trans, no more than that though. Works fine for me
as I have always liked a heavier feeling car. I run my T4 at minimum ROAR
weight also. Same results.

Originally Posted by toyota 2jz View Post
i all new to the b4 forums but have had a b44 which i just recently sold..this forum has great tools to use and apply. i have a few questions though

i went to the track today and was running the car and noticed that the car pushes a little in the front off power.do i need to raise the ball stud to regain the steering or just leave the washers out completely? also i just put the sxx stock spec in my car and love it!! the only thing is that when i ran 25t pinion and 78 spur the car came off pretty hot after about 10 min or so. the settings are at the default on the spedo.all i did was enable the lipo cut off. any suggestions on what pinion i should be using? motor is a x12 13.5

any help would be greatly appreciated i have a big race comming up on sat and would love some input high grip track as well..

just looking for my car to hook up nicely associated b4 ft carbon chassis w/reedy 5000 2c lipo
I run the same motor but with an older Sphere comp esc. 78/29 or 75/28. 4000/35c lipo. Never over 120* after a 7 minute main. That's on a large, clay indoor track that is pretty high bite, unless you get off into the giggles. I'm currently running 75/28 to keep the car calmed down. That little X12 13.5 pulls like a 10.5 for
sure.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac View Post
Indeed...

Quick question:

How did you mount the antenna tube?
Old 03-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyota 2jz View Post

yeah, raise the ballstud like three washers high. inside of the tower and inside on the c block. your gearing is off, try a 72 or 72 spur with like a 28 or 30 pinion with the sxx stock spec speedo. if its a ft kit it should have a plastic chassis btw...
Old 03-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home View Post
yeah, raise the ballstud like three washers high. inside of the tower and inside on the c block. your gearing is off, try a 72 or 72 spur with like a 28 or 30 pinion with the sxx stock spec speedo. if its a ft kit it should have a plastic chassis btw...
I have a T4, with a 07' sphere comp, 2S lipo, and a X-12 13.5. My motor is also running hot. I geared it at 24/81, and ran about 6 minutes. Will brushless motors get hot if you gear too low? I am a long time racer, but new to brushless technology. Speedo settings are all mild, no binding in the drivetrain, no advance timing on the motor, tranny not slipping, and slipper set correctly. What gearing do you recommend? Is there anything else I should check? Do the LRP X-12,s typically run hot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

They can get hot if you are undergeared too.Ive use this site a million times to help with gearing.Not alot of motors to select but a real great tool.

http://www.comeseethis.com/gearing/Default.aspx
Old 03-12-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Keep in mind when ever you add weight to either end of the car its going to want to change directions slower. so if you run an alum front bulkhead it will steer less from the front end. same with the rear......
Tony as a realative newbie. This is surprising to me. I would think that if you add weight say to the front you would get more front steering because their is more weight on the front tires? Am I wrong? Thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldandnew View Post
Tony as a realative newbie. This is surprising to me. I would think that if you add weight say to the front you would get more front steering because their is more weight on the front tires? Am I wrong? Thanks
For me, if I were to add weight to the front, it will give me more off power steering and less on power steering. When you aplly the throttle, it transfers weight to the rear tires.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by astroboy403 View Post
what would be a good degree for stock buggy in the racers edge rear hubs. just wanting to know if i should get the half or the hole degree hubs. thanks
I believe the .5 degree hubs are the ones everybody is running.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Adding weight to the front can add more steering off throttle to a point but usually causes a push. The Losi guys are running a TON of weight in their front ends, I tried it, didn't like it. With the heavy front the car feels dead and lazy up front to me (we're talking Losi here).

A good way to get a better understanding of how it works is to play with battery position in practice. When you move the battery back you will probably find the car steers more/rotates more off throttle. Seems backwards but it's kind of a pendulum effect that overwhealms the available side bite.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redrider View Post
I have a T4, with a 07' sphere comp, 2S lipo, and a X-12 13.5. My motor is also running hot. I geared it at 24/81, and ran about 6 minutes. Will brushless motors get hot if you gear too low? I am a long time racer, but new to brushless technology. Speedo settings are all mild, no binding in the drivetrain, no advance timing on the motor, tranny not slipping, and slipper set correctly. What gearing do you recommend? Is there anything else I should check? Do the LRP X-12,s typically run hot? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I ran 21/78 in my T4 with a X-12 13.5 and it ran up to 150'..... dropped in my Tekin 13.5 with the same timing and gearing and it fell to 110'

Originally Posted by oldandnew View Post
If the car were simply sitting on the bench yes it would have more front grip by adding static weight. But our cars are moving.... imagine this. If our cars weighed 10lbs and were doing 30mph down the straight it would take alot more energy to make it change directions than say a 5lb car.

Imagine an oval car going around in circles... if you add weight to the rear you'll gain steering because inertia is pushing the weight towards the wall. Same with the front.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.