Search
Like Tree54Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Z

I put the 56 pistons in last night with 30 wt oil front and back. The 25 wt felt too soft
It seems pretty soft on the bench with the #56/25wt but it has a little more pack so it will drive pretty well. I have gone as stiff as 27.5 but haven't tried 30. When I had 27.5 is got a little more stable at the expense of turn in response.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
It seems pretty soft on the bench with the #56/25wt but it has a little more pack so it will drive pretty well. I have gone as stiff as 27.5 but haven't tried 30. When I had 27.5 is got a little more stable at the expense of turn in response.
Since I'm racing on carpet I need some stability especially at high speed. I will try it with 30 ae oil and then try again with 30 Losi oil to see if one is better than the other.

The track layout is the same as Thursday night so I have some time to try different oils during practise. Just wish I had another set of shocks to make the switch faster

I'm running grey rear springs with silver fronts. I plan on trying silver rear after my first practise if the grey adoring is too stiff
Old 03-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ok fellas..

I have an issue..

I put the "Tacon" 3930KV motor in my T4 with a 87/24 combo on my big 20C 5000's (2S), but something is jacked up..

it spins up while holding the truck in the air, although it kind of winds up, but when you set it on the ground, it does not even make the tires turn..

So i got the slipper as tight as it will go..

So what the hell..?
Old 03-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Since I'm racing on carpet I need some stability especially at high speed. I will try it with 30 ae oil and then try again with 30 Losi oil to see if one is better than the other.

The track layout is the same as Thursday night so I have some time to try different oils during practise. Just wish I had another set of shocks to make the switch faster

I'm running grey rear springs with silver fronts. I plan on trying silver rear after my first practise if the grey adoring is too stiff
Oh, I didn't know you were running on carpet. Go stiffer than I suggested for sure. You might try reducing your droop too, that will make the car stay flatter in the turns (assuming traction is that high) and with the stiffer oils, you should still have good resistance to bottoming.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
Oh, I didn't know you were running on carpet. Go stiffer than I suggested for sure. You might try reducing your droop too, that will make the car stay flatter in the turns (assuming traction is that high) and with the stiffer oils, you should still have good resistance to bottoming.
Thanks

I have 2 limiters in front shocks and 1 limiter in rear. I may add another all the way around for sure.

Traction is good enough that very worn in Schumacher minipins are still fairly locked in. I tried a newer set of minipins in qualifying and they were a bit better. Brand new tires are terrible though. They need a few runs to break in.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Thanks

I'm running inside on tower in the rear with outside on the arm. I can go in one more on the tower to the 4th hole but it feels too lazy

on the front I'm on the inside on arm and either middle or inside on tower

for links I'm running standard 1-b link in rear with no washers

in front I just switched to 1-b from 1-a and love it. I also have 2 washers under ballstud

30 degree blocks with 3 bump steer washers and spindles middle

Arms are level front and rear bones level

I put the 56 pistons in last night with 30 wt oil front and back. The 25 wt felt too soft

I also have rear hubs spaced back for more steering

any suggestions?

It sounds like your pretty close... I would probably try thicker oils (Losi feels lighter to me too when compared to the same weightof AE) I would also lower he car as much as possible. Wight balance F-R is getting to be more and more important iwth lipo BL etc. I run the alum front pivots in both m truck and buggy it make ethe steering slow down just alittle. And like I mentioned in my setp I run the rear hole on my ackerman plates... that takes some of the "bite" out on corner entry and smooth it out alot for me.

Also motor placement has alot to do with forward bite and steering, I run the smallest spur I can on both my rigs
Old 03-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Well I'm at the chi town shoot out and where running the 3rd q and then the mains. I had an x60 as the race started and the T4s where just killing me. So I went and bought one and had it built for the 3rd round. Went out there and took 1st. No more x60 for me. I thought it was in low grip but when where in high grip and I need to be fast the x60 dosent cut it for me. By by lead slead t4 all the way.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just read it a couple of days ago and now I can't find it. Does anyone know who sells the 1/2* hubs for the b44 (T4) not the racers edge ones. The guys said that they tend to snap off the ball studs and you can not get them out (racers edge). They were saying their is one company that sells a plastic version in the U.S. but now I can't find the post. Anyone know what they are talking about? Thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldandnew
I just read it a couple of days ago and now I can't find it. Does anyone know who sells the 1/2* hubs for the b44 (T4) not the racers edge ones. The guys said that they tend to snap off the ball studs and you can not get them out (racers edge). They were saying their is one company that sells a plastic version in the U.S. but now I can't find the post. Anyone know what they are talking about? Thanks
the GT2 has different hubs, buy those hubs
Old 03-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by oldandnew

Gt-2 will not fit, you only have Racer Edge to use to get the extra toe...

and

Only use metal washers under the ball stud for best durability...
Old 03-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

and

he could use cheeda bobs toe in blocks
Old 03-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

You could try these.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Carriers-Blue

I have the racer's edge hubs on my t4 and sc10and haven't broken a ball stud yet. But might try these next time though if I do. They don't have the larger outer bearing though.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by x60Driver
Well I'm at the chi town shoot out and where running the 3rd q and then the mains. I had an x60 as the race started and the T4s where just killing me. So I went and bought one and had it built for the 3rd round. Went out there and took 1st. No more x60 for me. I thought it was in low grip but when where in high grip and I need to be fast the x60 dosent cut it for me. By by lead slead t4 all the way.
HHmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. didn't we try to tell you about this with our x-6's versus the b4?
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cedartrack
You could try these.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Carriers-Blue

I have the racer's edge hubs on my t4 and sc10and haven't broken a ball stud yet. But might try these next time though if I do. They don't have the larger outer bearing though.
These are what I have on my T4. So far so good
Old 03-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

and

The ball studs only thread in so much they seem to sit up high. I was going to put some washers or maybe even a nut under them. If anybody else is using the Racers Edge ones do yours only thread in so far or did I get one the has shallow threads or something. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.