Search
Like Tree54Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99
I am having problems with my t4s transmission. every time i hit the throttle a whining noise comes from the transmission. it is not the sper gear. maybe the slipper pads? I usually run on road and just bought a used t4 so any info would be nice Thanks
Aric
I would check the diff and make sure it is not too loose. Is it a kind of barking/chirping sound?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
I would check the diff and make sure it is not too loose. Is it a kind of barking/chirping sound?
either that or a loose slipper.

the classes will say as they are. the motors are still 17.5 winds, 13.5 winds, and mod. remember that. a mod car will always be faster than a spec class unless one driver sucks. dont complain about it, get over it because its not going to change. timing is tuning, faster is more fun. for club racing, if you arent good enough to get out of spec classes because mod will kill you, and you will get killed, then making your spec car faster is not only more fun but a tuning option too. tuning with those tekin things is TUNING and you have to get that. things wont be changed. locked timing is too hard to tell with these days speedos.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default RC10B4: Wide front wheels or standard?

What advantages/disadvantages are there with running Pro Line Velocity "Wide" front wheels as opposed to the standard AE front wheels?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

The standard AE front wheels included in the B4 kit are wide. They're the same width as the PL "wide" wheels. All newer 2wd front tires are designed for the wide wheels.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by not home

the classes will say as they are. the motors are still 17.5 winds, 13.5 winds, and mod. remember that. a mod car will always be faster than a spec class unless one driver sucks. dont complain about it, get over it because its not going to change. timing is tuning, faster is more fun. for club racing, if you arent good enough to get out of spec classes because mod will kill you, and you will get killed, then making your spec car faster is not only more fun but a tuning option too. tuning with those tekin things is TUNING and you have to get that. things wont be changed. locked timing is too hard to tell with these days speedos.
What does tekin speedos have to do with diffs?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by x60Driver
What does tekin speedos have to do with diffs?
see the new paragraph
Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by storytyme
If I pick up the T4 off the workbench and keep the chassis parallel to the ground should the front arms stay straight out? Do I need to change anything to make them looser? Or are they how they should be. Sorry if my description was confusing and thank you in advance for any thoughts, ideas or suggestions.
It sounds like the arms are binding on the hing pins which can definately impare performance. If lube doesnt work, you may need to ream out the arms to free them up. Pro-line makes a tool for that, but, I'm not sure which size you would need.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
It sounds like the arms are binding on the hing pins which can definately impare performance. If lube doesnt work, you may need to ream out the arms to free them up. Pro-line makes a tool for that, but, I'm not sure which size you would need.
Would a person use diff lube? Black grease? Couldn't I just use a drill to make the hole slightly bigger? Thoughts??
Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You're missing the point. You raced stock last year before timing speed controls came out. Stock is basically not raced at your track anymore. How do you think your beginning season would have been if you had to come in racing mod? And you can bet it's going to change, those of us who've been racing for a long time know better.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

What? I don't know what you are saying but most people who race can't even drive mod and keep up with the fast guys. Mod is for a select few. I have run mod and it is difficult. We run spec at my track because of size but the tekin rs I have makes my 17.5 rip like a 10.5. It's almost like I have nos on the striaght away like when driving a 7.5 in a buggy. 17.5 is very competitive because of the tekin rs and the lrp sxx.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How can you tune a SXX to compete with a Tekin??? The SXX isnt as programmable or is it????
Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
it was the diff thanks
Old 02-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Neccros
How can you tune a SXX to compete with a Tekin??? The SXX isnt as programmable or is it????
the tekin is a easy to fine tune speedo. if you like perfect things the tekin is better, although i programmed a kids sxx and its crazy fast, here it keeps up with the tekins but the strait is small. the sxx is a bit more basic when it comes to setup for it compared to the tekin also. i think it could easily compete with a tekin.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by storytyme
Would a person use diff lube? Black grease? Couldn't I just use a drill to make the hole slightly bigger? Thoughts??
No don't use any grease. That would make it even worse. The arms should move freely and fall under their own weight without any kind of lube. I used a 1/8" drill bit attached to an extra tool handle to free up parts by removing a small amount of material at a time. Using a power drill can remove too much material too fast resulting in excess slop.

Also, be sure to remove your ball cups and then check for binding. Bent, warped or dirty ball cups can be the cause of excess suspension binding. I've even seen where someone thought their arms were binding and it turned out to be a bad ball cup.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default LIMITERS????

I am setting my T4 up based on Ryan Maifield's set-up sheet on the AE website. This will be my first season of actually setting up a car properly instead of just bashing non-stop. One thing I am not sure of is in the shock section of the set-up sheet when it says "# limiters". He has 6 in the front and two in the rear. What even are these limiters? Are downstops the same thing? Are all limiters the same size? Please help!!!! Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.